upgrade homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upgrade homeseer

I have hs3 version 3.0.0.313 and i want to upgrade to 3.0.0.500 anyone know will this be easy process ...any steps?

Originally posted by sk74991 View Post
    I have hs3 version 3.0.0.313 and i want to upgrade to 3.0.0.500 anyone know will this be easy process ...any steps?
    Save your HS3 folder first somewhere else (thumb drive or otherwise) then disable HSSentry in the setting then update with version 3.0.0.548

Reboot the server. Wait for a while, if everything is settled down enable HSSentry in settings.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

im running this on linux raspberry pi. Do i need to download and extract tar file and do upgrade or can i do this via a gui somehow?

Comment

Originally posted by sk74991 View Post
        im running this on linux raspberry pi. Do i need to download and extract tar file and do upgrade or can i do this via a gui somehow?
        Carefully read this post here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...47#post1269347

Note : Make sure you change the version number before you execute the command.

Eman.

Comment

If you’re running on a Raspberry Pi take an image of your SD card as a backup before you update. If anything goes wrong you can just write that image back to your SD card.

Stop the Homeseer service first. Just wget the version of HS you want and tar it to the SD card. Start the Homeseer service when you finish and you should be good to go.

Comment

If you're running the HS3-Pi edition and the Pi is able to access the internet, you should be able to update to the latest version right from the GUI.

Tools->Setup, the 'Updates' section is first thing on the page.

Comment

I forgot to mention that if you running home brew Linux/R PI download this sweet tool : https://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/ Then drag and drop the file in the (PI) home folder. Stop HomeSeer first! then execute the command. And sudo reboot .

Note : The whole operation assumes that you have your HomeSeer in the "/opt" folder. If not then change.

Eman.

Comment

Working...
              X