Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error downloading update control file...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error downloading update control file...

I have a Pi running HS3 Zee in a remote location behind a 3G dongle that I access using reverse SSH. Because it is six hours away crashes can mean weeks of inaccessibility, so I have programmed it to power down every night then boot up again when a timer restores power.

Recently I have had a strange fault - the day after a power down / power up cycle, the Pi is down. But the following day (ie power up after crash) it is working. So every other day HS3 can be reached. Viewing the log it seems that these crashes occur in the first minute following boot up. The only oddity in the log on the days it boots properly is a warning message: Error downloading update control file: Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed): Send failure.

Obviously I don’t know if this is the cause, but to try to eliminate possibilities one by one, is there a way to stop this download from being attempted?

My only other thought is that I don’t shut HS3 down before sudo shutdowning the Pi, because I don’t know how to do this automatically and remotely. Can anyone tell me if it is possible (and how, if they’d be so kind?)

This file is pulled when you run the HS3 updater via Plugins > Manage .
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      This file is pulled when you run the HS3 updater via Plugins > Manage .
      Thanks - I’ve now done that manually without issue - when I came out of Plugins and went back to Manage again nothing happened, so does that mean the download isn’t being attempted because the file is up to date?

Comment

Working...
      X