Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No wifi - RPi3b running S3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.550 (Linux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No wifi - RPi3b running S3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.550 (Linux)

My main HS3/4 installation is running on Win10, but I have two licences for HS3 Rpi as well. I have just resurrected one of my RPi3s and re-installed the above version of HS3.

It runs fine on ethernet, and I have set up most things as I want them, but i can't get wifi to work. I'm sure this worked before, but am now beginning to doubt my sanity. I've tried it with and without DHCP (I know there were issues with not being able to set a static IP - my preferred method) but it won't connect.

Looking from my Asus router, i can see the wired connection to the RPi, but it is using the IP address that I put for wifi, i.e ethernet IP + 1. Using find.homeseer only connects if the ethernet is connected, and then only goes to the ethernet IP address.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong ? I've re-added the SSID and password a few times, and tried it on other SSIDs too

With a little help from my...support...

Could write a song like that. Anyway, it turned out that I didn't have two RPi3B+ with wifi. One of them doesn't have wifi at all. Now swapped over and sorted and working fine on the other Rpi3.

Ho hum.

Comment

Even weirder, I put Rasbian on the no wifi RasPi, and it found the wifi...

Comment

Working...
      X