Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two questions

Two questions about Raspberry Pi B +:

1: it is necessary put Pull Up or Pull Down resistor to the inputs ?. My little knowledge, at the moment, makes me think that it is not necessary since RPi incorporates this inside and is configured in Pin Configuration. I think I just need confirmation that this is correct.

2: It is safe to turn off RPi by disconnecting the USB connector or disconnecting the power supply from the AC side. I have read, that in previous models, doing it this way can damage SD.

Thanks in advance

1. RPi has configurable pullup/pulldown on GPIO pins

2. I've not had a issue when done accidentally, but don't do that on purpose. It's a simple matter to run 'sudo halt' (and wait for the green LED to blink 5-6 times) before pulling power.

Comment

Thanks for answering.

PullUp and PullDown understood.

So can I turn off RPi directly with an event in HS ?.

To turn it on again, I simply connect it to the power. It is better to connect the power supply first and then the USB power? Or can I connect the power supply to the power with the USB power already connected ?.

Thank you.

Comment

Applying AC power with supply connected is fine.

HS isn't implemented as a proper daemon process, so if you want to perform a safe shutdown you need to implement it yourself. I have posted my method here.

With this in place, an event action to run command '/bin/halt' performs a clean service shutdown prior to halting the system.

Comment

My goodness, this is too much for me, I am a beginner, without studies, self-taught ...

It is not the first time that you help me, I appreciate it, but I cannot do what you say ...

Thanks again.

Comment

Understood.

Thinking about it, here is a simpler way that may work for you.

Create an event, and for the action, select 'Run Another Program or Process'.

Click Edit, then type in
            Code:
            /usr/bin/curl
            into the program chooser and click submit.

Click on the red airplane icon if the 'command parameters' form field isn't visible.
            Paste this into the command parameters field
            Code:
             --data 'ConfirmShutdowncontroller=Yes' "http://localhost:[COLOR=#FF0000]80[/COLOR]/LinuxTools"
            When this event action runs, it simulates the menu item 'Tools->System->Shutdown System'.

* Change the red 80 to your port number if you've changed that from the default.
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier. We have an 8 hour difference.

Hey, thank you very much, you are very big.
              This way it is very easy for me.

I am very grateful.

Comment

One more thing.
                RPi Reboot from the default event, how do you see it ?, is it good ?, can it be improved ?.
                Thank you.

Comment

Not clear on what you're asking, can you elaborate?

Comment

I mean that it is safe to perform Reboot th rough the action that the event offers by default.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura.PNG
Views:	139
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	1384284

Comment

RaspberryIO is an optional (paid) plugin, not a HomeSeer default. I haven't tried it.

If you want to reboot the system using HomeSeer built-in functionality you can use the same method as the shutdown event, except use command parameters

Code:
                      http://localhost:80/LinuxTools?restart=yes

Comment

Hi ferran,

The raspberryIO plugin, just gives access to the gpio pins on a remote raspberry pi. Thus you can connect digital sensors or send a digital signal to turn on or off say a relay. This is outside of HomeSeer. It has nothing to do with managing the Hometroller zee homeseer hub running on a raspberry pi. I use the raspberryIO to connect sensors from my alarm system (IE old wired window and door sensors) to homeseer. That way I can tell if a door or window opens and run events off that information.

Again, nothing to do with the Hometroller Zee

Bruce

Comment

Gracias zwolfpack

RaspberryIO is an optional (paid) plugin, not a HomeSeer default. I haven't tried it.
                          Yes. I guess it's an option added to the PlugIn

Thank you very much.

Comment

Thanks for your answer.

The raspberryIO plugin, just gives access to the gpio pins on a remote raspberry pi. Thus you can connect digital sensors or send a digital signal to turn on or off say a relay. This is outside of HomeSeer. It has nothing to do with managing the Hometroller zee homeseer hub running on a raspberry pi. I use the raspberryIO to connect sensors from my alarm system (IE old wired window and door sensors) to homeseer. That way I can tell if a door or window opens and run events off that information.
                            Yes, this is clear to me. I am using HomeSeer HS3-Pi-3 Software with RaspberryIO PlugIn.
                            It is my second system.

Comment

This always happens:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura2.PNG
Views:	165
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	1384434

You may start to understand something ...
                              On the one hand is this RPi with Linux operating system, is it like that ?.
                              On the other hand there is the HomeSeer installation.
                              To properly shut down the system:
                              Should HomeSeer be turned off first and then Linux ?.

I have tried this, it does not cause effect, it does nothing:

To shutdown HS3,
                              event action is: Run another program or process
                              program is: / usr / bin / service
                              parameters: homeseer stop

And this, restart HomeSeer but warnig appears:

For shutdown then reboot:
                              event action is: Run another program or process
                              program is: / sbin / reboot
                              No additional parameters

Comment

Working...
                              X