Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can HS3 use the I/Os in a pi board?

Silly question, right?
    I want to add HS to my boat. I am not planning to use any wireless tech on that install for now. My preference is to use a raspberry PI box, use some of the I/O already in the PI3 B+ to read sensors and use HS3 to analyse and process this data as I see fit.
    What are my options here? Do I really need to piggyback an Arduino for that?

I guess this is an YES, I CAN with Spud's RaspberryIO plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by jetkit View Post
      I guess this is an YES, I CAN with Spud's RaspberryIO plugin.
      Right.

I am testing to put HS-Pi in a caravan.
      I use RaspberryIO Spud PlugIn.
      The idea is to control the level of clean water tank, gray water, boiler, lights, refrigerator, temperatures, rain sensor, alarm, mover, handbrake ...
      Among other things I am doing tests with a Fibaro RGBW module in analog input mode 0-10v and a voltage divider to measure the level of charge of the auxiliary battery. The results obtained are quite satisfactory.
      I'm thinking of how to power PI. At the moment I use the auxiliary battery with a StepDown voltage module. You may install a smaller battery for this.
      At the moment this is not installed in the caravan, I am doing tests at home. I also don't know if this will see the light someday ...

A greeting.

Comment

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-hs-in-caravan

Comment

Originally posted by ferran View Post

Right.

I am testing to put HS-Pi in a caravan.
          I use RaspberryIO Spud PlugIn.
          The idea is to control the level of clean water tank, gray water, boiler, lights, refrigerator, temperatures, rain sensor, alarm, mover, handbrake ...
          Among other things I am doing tests with a Fibaro RGBW module in analog input mode 0-10v and a voltage divider to measure the level of charge of the auxiliary battery. The results obtained are quite satisfactory.
          I'm thinking of how to power PI. At the moment I use the auxiliary battery with a StepDown voltage module. You may install a smaller battery for this.
          At the moment this is not installed in the caravan, I am doing tests at home. I also don't know if this will see the light someday ...

A greeting.
          I thought you could not use the analog input capability of the Pi with Spud's plugin...I guess I was wrong.
          --------------------------------------------------
          **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Originally posted by BraveSirRobbin View Post

I thought you could not use the analog input capability of the Pi with Spud's plugin...I guess I was wrong.
            You cannot because the PlugIn does not have. The PlugIn only allows to configure digital inputs / outputs.
            For analog inputs I use a Fibaro RGBW module, by Zwave.

Comment

Working...
            X