I have devices in a room that I cannot view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have devices in a room that I cannot view

I created a room called: " | Outside ". I moved devices into this room, but cannot see them in my device list. I check all floors, all rooms and all device types, but the devices in room " | Outside " do not show. When I go back to the room dropdown, the room " | Outside " is unchecked and rechecking it does nothing. What did I do? It seems like a naming issue? The devices are X-10 or I would use the Insteon plug-in to rename the room. This is on desktop browser. They do show on HS mobile app but I can't change room there, can I? Thanks for any ideas.

Have you tried the show all button in the upper right of the device management page?

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailJ View Post
      Have you tried the show all button in the upper right of the device management page?
      I have. All that does is check the room temporarily, just like I could check it in the dropdown, but refreshing the page does not show the devices in that room AND when I go to the dropdown the room is unchecked again. It's like it won't stay checked.

Comment

I can't find it but in one of the configuration files you set the ip address of the computer which is the "admin". If the devices had this set you would not see in any screen but admin

Are you by chance not logged in as admin?

Comment

I can't find it but in one of the configuration files you set the ip address of the computer which is the "admin". If the devices had this set you would not see in any screen but admin

Are you by chance not logged in as admin?
          I am logged in as admin with full privileges. I'm pretty sure this is a Linux naming convention issue. Odd though that I can see that room on the mobile app.

Comment

Jon00 has a utility that will generate a list of all your devices. If all else fails, you should be able to use that utility to change the room name of the affected devices to something that the HS web interface can display. (I think you'll have to do it one device at a time, but there may be a way to do them all at once. Jon will be able to advise.)
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
              Jon00 has a utility that will generate a list of all your devices. If all else fails, you should be able to use that utility to change the room name of the affected devices to something that the HS web interface can display. (I think you'll have to do it one device at a time, but there may be a way to do them all at once. Jon will be able to advise.)
              Thank you. I'll look into that. I use some of his plugins. It's only 5 X-10 devices so whatever I have to do it won't be hard. Thanks again.

Comment

I am also on Linux (ubuntu 18.04) completely and only have a virtual windows machine to run HSTouch. Here is a screenshot of a node I renamed to " | Outside"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-06-08 16-42-15.png
Views:	96
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	1392302

If you go into plugins -> z-wave -> Node information do you see the device there? You can also edit the node from here (by clicking on the name of the device) if you want to change the location or room.

This is a very odd problem and could be a Rpi problem.

Comment

I am also on Linux (ubuntu 18.04) completely and only have a virtual windows machine to run HSTouch. Here is a screenshot of a node I renamed to " | Outside"

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2020-06-08 16-42-15.png Views:	14 Size:	22.5 KB ID:	1392302

If you go into plugins -> z-wave -> Node information do you see the device there? You can also edit the node from here (by clicking on the name of the device) if you want to change the location or room.

This is a very odd problem and could be a Rpi problem.
                  I don't have any Z-wave devices, but I do have the Insteon plugin running and I used that to change the rooms of Insteon devices. That doesn't help with the X-10 devices. I can see them in that room on HS Mobile. Just not the browser. Checking the room doesn't stick.

Comment

I was able to fix this. For some reason today when I checked "show all", the room showed. I was able to select each device individually and edit in the general config to chage the room. Once all were changed the mystery hidden room was gone. Thanks all who replied.

Comment

Working...
                    X