Problem with relays board.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with relays board.

Hello, I have connected a 6 relay board to RPi.
    Works correctly.
    But, when I restart or turn on RPi the relays connect and disconnect quickly, they look like a disco lights ...
    The relay board is 5v powered from one of the RPi pins.
    That could be happening?.
    Thank you.

Originally posted by ferran View Post
    Hello, I have connected a 6 relay board to RPi.
    Works correctly.
    But, when I restart or turn on RPi the relays connect and disconnect quickly, they look like a disco lights ...
    The relay board is 5v powered from one of the RPi pins.
    That could be happening?.
    Thank you.
    Yes, that could be happening.

It would be quite helpful to know the exact model of the relay board you are using, how it is hooked up and how it is programmed.

Comment

Thanks for answering.

The relays board is this:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	7112XyQeW4L._AC_SY355_.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	1402667

It is directly connected to the RPi pins configured as outputs.
      The power is directly connected to the GND and 5v power pins.
      There is nothing programmed in HS.

Comment

That looks like a clone of a Sainsmart 8 relay board with only 6 relays.

By exact, I mean a diagram of how you have it physically wired and the programming on the Raspberry PI.

Here is a useful video of how to get a board like this wired and working correctly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur0w7VeLX08

How were you planning on controlling this from HomeSeer?

Comment

That looks like a clone of a Sainsmart 8 relay board with only 6 relays.
          Yes, the Chinese copy everything ...

I am using HS3 software for Raspberry Pi.
          I use Raspberry IO PlugIn.

Comment

The wiring is fine.
            The thing is, it only does this on an output pin ( I couldn't see the LEDs on the relays board, because of the noise I thought they were all relays).
            It happens when you turn on RPi, one of the sse outputs turns on and off very quickly.
            Could it be a faulty RPi pin?, I'm testing things, apparently this only happens on one of the outputs.

Comment

I have disabled the pin. Still going.
              I'm sure it's a pin problem.
              The RPi I have had it for a long time, I have tried many things with it, it is very possible that at some point it has input voltage ...

Comment

The wiring is fine.
                The thing is, it only does this on an output pin ( I couldn't see the LEDs on the relays board, because of the noise I thought they were all relays).
                It happens when you turn on RPi, one of the sse outputs turns on and off very quickly.
                Could it be a faulty RPi pin?, I'm testing things, apparently this only happens on one of the outputs.
                There are some pins on the Raspberry Pi that should not be used in the setup you have, so yes, it might be a pin problem because you might be using a pin that should not be used for the purpose you are using it for. This is why I requested the EXACT wiring diagram you are using. The video I posted is one of many that explains using pins that are designed to work with the type of relay board you are using.

Comment

It is GPIO 14 (pin 10).

Comment

It is GPIO 14 (pin 10).
                    Sorry, it's pin 8, GPIO 14 ...

Comment

I don't understand about programming ...
                      This pin is UART related, but I also use pin 10 (GPIO 15) for these relays and I have no problem.
                      The PlugIn allows the configuration of these pins as inputs or outputs.

I dont know...

Comment

I don't understand about programming ...
                        This pin is UART related, but I also use pin 10 (GPIO 15) for these relays and I have no problem.
                        The PlugIn allows the configuration of these pins as inputs or outputs.

I dont know...
                        Did you ever get this to work?

I have it working. When I reboot the Raspberry PI the relays do not click on/off.

I just purchased an 8 port Sainsmart relay board. Your relay board should be like the 8 relay board I have with only 6 relays.

Here are the GPIO pins I used.

Relay GPIO
                        8 21
                        7 20
                        6 16
                        5 12
                        4 6
                        3 13
                        2 19
                        1 26

Comment

Thanks for replying, sorry for not responding earlier, work reasons.

Did you ever get this to work?
                          It works fine, but when I restart RPi the first relay on / off several times quickly.

I have also noticed that the LEDs of the other relays light dimly, when the reset is complete everything works correctly.

Comment

Here are the GPIO pins I used.

Relay GPIO

6 25
                            5 24
                            4 23
                            3 18
                            2 15
                            1 14

Comment

...It works fine, but when I restart RPi the first relay on / off several times quickly...
                              Perhaps you are miunderstanding me when I said

"There are certian pins in the Raspberry Pi that you should not use in your setup."

What I mean by this is, there are certain pins on Raspberry Pi that you should not use in your setup. The fix is very simple. Don't use pins (like pin 8) because those pins transisions from high to low when the PI boots. Use a different pin.

Comment

Working...
                              X