Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can no longer control devices - Any help urgently received!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Can no longer control devices - Any help urgently received!

    Today my HS3 ZEE S2 has stopped controlling most of the devices connected to it, I have tried a restart but am seeing some worrying messages in the logs on startup -
    Apr-07 19:32:55 Z-Wave Error Error, Exception in GetZWNetworkS: database disk image is malformed database disk image is malformed
    Apr-07 19:33:04 Z-Wave Error HomeSeer UZB: The HomeSeer UZB interface did not respond to the request for the controller capabilities - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (3).
    When I try and control some of the devices on the network, there is a flicker of activity on the UZB interface but nothing is controlled. When I check in the log file it appears it the device was controlled but nothing happens.

    Current Date/Time: 4/7/2021 8:16:22 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.548
    Linux version: ApplicationName='./run_command_raw.sh', CommandLine=''uname -a'', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Out of memorySystem Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 44 Minutes 0 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.23.193
    Number of Devices: 211
    Number of Events: 94
    Available Threads: 397
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0

    Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.7364.22993: Ultra1Wire3
    3.0.2.0: Z-Wave

    #2
    It appears you have at least three seemingly unrelated errors (1) a Z-Wave database corruption, (2) a misbehaving UZB controller, and (3) an out-of-memory error on the command that is attempting to read the Linux OS version:
    Code:
    Linux version: ApplicationName='./run_command_raw.sh', CommandLine=''uname -a'', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Out of memory
    First thing I'd recommend checking, even if just to rule it out, is if you've managed to fill up your SD card. This could result, for example, from having enabled a verbose logging option and left it on for too long.

    You'll need to get yourself logged into the Linux command line. (the 'Linux Tools' option will be prone to the same failure that the "uname -a" command suffered). Either connect a monitor & keyboard or remote in via ssh.

    Once logged in, run
    Code:
    df -h /
    This should return something like
    Code:
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/root   15G 6.6G  7.1G  49% /
    If "Use%" is 100%, you've filled up the SD card and will need to deal with that first.

    Comment


      #3
      Hi - the issue was down to Z-Wave database corruption. 'Reset Z-Wave Data' and then restarting sorted this out.

      Comment

      Working...
      X