Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning while adding device and unexpected number of sub devices created...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning while adding device and unexpected number of sub devices created...

While adding a device I got the following warning:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	52
Size:	205.4 KB
ID:	1582691
    Can this be safely ignored?
    Attached Files

Are you adding the device in secure mode (looks like it)? If you are, why? Unless you have an elevated security need, it might be more effeicient to add it as non secure. I just went through and removed the vast majority of my devices that I originally installed in secure mode and re added them as non secure.

Comment

Was not even aware there where two modes - how do you select what mode to use when adding nodes?

I am using HS3 on Pi by the way....

Comment

I would say you are in the norm about not knowing about the two different ways to add the nodes. Even after I repeatedly read you should generally use non secure, I still kept adding them as secure. I'm on HS4 so I'm not sure if the menu looks the same. You will need to remove your device and re add it. Remember your current and new node numbers when you remove a device and re add it since it may come in handy cleaning up a zombie node in the future.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Add menu.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1582810

Comment

Thanks and yes found it - so adding "secure" is just for Zwave+ and only for locks etc. where you need extra assurance only the controller can operate the devices.... good to know!

Comment

Working...
          X