Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing HS3Pro Linux on official HS3Pi2 System

Howdy,

I've been running HS3Pro on my Pi2 using the image from http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173000

I have been unable to delete some dead devices from my SmartStick +, so I called tech support. They were very helpful, but said they can't officially support that configuration. Due to some issues with things not being quite right, they recommended that I download the HS3Pi2 software, set it up, then install HS3Pro on top of it.

Every time I think I know what I'm doing in Linux, I get quickly reminded that I do not.

How do you do that?

Thanks,
    Jason

I wish it was that simple. I did download the latest Lunix file in to the /use/local directory and then untared the file so it should (?) of over wrote the files. Unfortunately, all I get when I reboot is that HomeSeer is starting, but it just hangs. Unfortunately, I also have limited Lunix knowledge so I hope someone can help us out.

Comment

Heh - they could have at least told you how to do it

Looks like you need to go to:
      http://homeseer.com/current-downloads.html
      download the HS3 for Raspberry Pi2

There is a README in the zip file for the instructions.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Ok, I think I figured it out. This is for a new install, so you will lose all of your setting and data. Hopefully there are no typos. Do it at your own risk.

Replacing HS3 for the Raspberry Pi2 with HSP3PRO Linux

Download and install hs3pi2boot.zip and follow the instruction in INSTRUCTIONS–README.TXT

Change directory
        cd /usr/local/HomeSeer

We need to save the file “led.sh”, because it is called at start up (via rc.local), because if it is missing HomeSeer will not start.
        Therefore:
        sudo cp led.sh ..

Change directory
        cd /usr/local

Get HS3PRO for Linux –need to change the file name to the latest update
        sudo wget homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_linux_3_0_0_182.tar.gz

Need to delete the current file for RPi2
        sudo rm –rf HomeSeer

Untar the hs3_linux_3_0_0_182.tar.gz file
        sudo tar xvf hs3_linux_3_0_0_182.tar.gz

Move the “led.sh” file back to the /usr/local/HomeSeer directory
        sudo mv led.sh /usr/local/HomeSeer

Reboot and Hope:
        sudo reboot

Comment

Nice writeup!

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, nice. I ended gathering other startup script examples and setting it up with webmin. Didn't know about the led file.

Comment

more basic install instructions

This is my first experience with Homeseer and PI. I already run Ubuntu on one of my computers.

When I look at the instructions on the official Pi website, they suggest formating the card and then installing Raspian.

Do the disk images listed here on the forum already have Raspian or just HS?

Is there a particular order to install other software like mono?

Thanks

John D

Comment

I've been using the image posted above since ~February and it runs just fine. It is only the Raspbian OS - I cant distribute HS on an image, understandably. So you just need to write that image, then download/install HS3 for Linux.

Comment

shim piece lets you add more GPIO devices. This RTC clock just makes the RPi2 boot up the correct time when powered off / powered back on. Today my NTP time is internal anyways.

There are a couple of caveats relating to changing the directory of where HomeSeer sits and updating the Raspbian base OS.

Initially with the RPi / Zee I had kept the build of HomeSeer in the /usr/local/HomeSeer directory and continued with same said methodology when using Homeseer 3 Pro.

I did sometime in the last couple of years switch over to using the root /HomeSeer directory. This does cause issues in that there are a few scripts in the directory that make reference to HomeSeer being in the /usr/local/HomeSeer directory. I think I changed it originally because I didn't want to keep typing the cd /usr/local/Homeseer thing. This does have me keeping some scripts off to another backup directory.

There is also a HS3 cron job which starts with the boot of the RPi and makes reference to /usr/local/HomeSeer/register_with_find.sh

I wasn't aware of the led.sh file. Thank-you JMMorgan.

Here is what the led.sh file looks like. (I currently have my RPi2 in the attic and haven't looked at it in a while).

#!/bin/sh
                  /usr/local/bin/gpio -g write 2 1
                  /usr/local/bin/gpio -g write 3 1
                  /usr/local/bin/gpio -g write 4 1
                  if [ "$1" = "blue" ]; then
                  echo "blue"
                  /usr/local/bin/gpio -g write 4 0
                  fi
                  if [ "$1" = "green" ]; then
                  /usr/local/bin/gpio -g write 3 0
                  fi
                  if [ "$1" = "red" ]; then
                  /usr/local/bin/gpio -g write 2 0
                  fi
                  exit

Here is what the register_with_find.sh file looks like:

#!/bin/bash
                  host=`/bin/hostname`
                  ip=`ip addr | grep 'state UP' -A2 | tail -n1 | awk '{print $2}' | cut -f1 -d'/'`
                  wanip=`wget hxxp://checkip.homeseer.com:8245 -q -O -`
                  re="[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}"
                  if [[ $wanip =~ $re ]]; then
                  wanip=${BASH_REMATCH[0]}
                  fi

while [[ $x -le 5 ]]
                  do
                  x=$(( $x + 1 ))
                  sleep 5
                  done

url=hxxp://find.homeseer.com/findhomeseer/default.aspx?srcip=$wanip\&localip=$ip\&machine=$host\&tools =true\&port=911
                  sudo wget $url --spider -q -O -

Relating to keeping the Raspbian OS updated; mostly here do it out of habit and utilize default settings / Webmin to upgrade/update.

Historically just the Mono version has caused me a few issues where as I could not get Homeseer 3 (for Zee-2 or HS3 Pro) to run with newer versions of Mono. I have not tested it in a while and locked my Mono version so it would not update.
                  Last edited by Pete; August 17, 2015, 07:23 AM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                  X