Gmail problems -Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gmail problems -Solved!

I am running RPi HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.182 (Linux) and the gmail set up does not work. I get the following error: Exception sending email via GMail (To:jmm@outlook.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:Front Door, Attach = 5.7.14.
    I do not know what it means. I have tried all of the other tricks in the other posts, but no luck.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    John

Had the same error.
    To solve go to gmail website and log in with your gmail credentials. Go to settings - Accounts and Import. Click Other Google account settings.

Under Sign in and Security you should set 'Allow less secure apps' to on. This fixed it for me.

Comment

Thanks, that work. I do not use my gmail account for sensitive issues, so I guess I am not concerned it is not secured.
      John

Comment

Thanks, just came across this problem to and resolved it thanks to this thread :-)

Thanks
        Simon

Comment

This does not work if you have 2 factor authentication turned on in Gmail.

See this post:
          https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1211347

Comment

Just made this change as well, but it's hardly a "fix" - it's a serious security problem in Homeseer itself!

Comment

Originally posted by jackrubin View Post
              Just made this change as well, but it's hardly a "fix" - it's a serious security problem in Homeseer itself!
              No it’s not. HS talks to smtp servers. Your welcome to run your own. The gmail switch is just a helper to setup the config. The required auth choices are googles decision.

Comment

Working...
              X