HS3 is running, need shell access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 is running, need shell access

I finally have a copy of HS3 running on my Pi 2. I need to copy the Upstart file to the Pi. I am copying from a thumb drive. Does anyone know the the shell login? Is our only access to the command line through HS3?

No, just use WinSCP, CuteFTP, FileZilla, etc.
    You can drag and drop from any of those apps.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

tried to connect using filezilla from my Mac laptop to the Pi2.
      I used my username and password for Homeseer and root and the "root password". no luck.
      why user Id and password do I use?

Comment

I tried every login combo I could think of. I gave up on the pi due to not being able to get the Upstart export file moved to the Homeseer directory.
        I already have a Mac Mini that is a media server, BOINC computer, Virtual Box, etc...
        I have the Pro license, switching is a no brainer.

Comment

try
          username: homeseer
          password: hsthsths3

if not try use username homeseer with your root password.
          Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

tried the homeseer hsthsths3 combo. Did not try the homeseer my root password combo.

Comment

@Michelle,

Unrelated to your post; it is nice to see you back on the forum.

Which Homeseer 3 are you wanting to run on your RPi2?

Homeseer3 from the original Zee or Homeseer 3 from the Zee-2 (5 plugins)?

Mostly do baby steps validating one step before proceeding to next step. I am typing here dynamically trying to remember this stuff such that I keep adding to this post.

Homeseer versions are:

1 - Original Homeseer 3 for the Zee that included a few plugins in the base OS - RPi OS based - Linux - not a Wintel program - first Linux based Homeseer ever - runs way faster now on the RPi2 than the old RPi.
              2 - Homeseer 3 Zee 2 - which allows for up to 5 plugins
              3 - Homeseer 3 standard - which you purchase a la carte plugins
              4 - Homeseer 3 pro which includes a base of plugins

What base did you start with for your RPi2 image?

While time consuming I would start again new as long as you have a backup of your Homeseer directory you will be fine. Note this is one way to do this. You cannot break anything as long as you have a directory backup.

Rob posted a nice base for the RPi2 a few months back. The original Linux tools on the original Homeseer 3 Zee worked fine.
              The old HS3 Zee Linux tools do not work on the newer versions of Homeseer 3 for Linux (just leftovers today) and should be removed by Rich.

Software tools which are a nice to have and save time and manually doing things are: (IE: Here have switched over to Ubuntu on my laptops and do run Wine / VB for some Windows applications these days - but do mostly this stuff in Ubuntu as all of the tools while not named the same are already included in the Ubuntu OS).
              IF you are using Wintel to do stuff then:

1 - Putty (or a means to SSH to your RPi2)
              2 - WinSCP (or an explorer like utility to move files, directories or edit stuff on your RPI2) and
              3 - Webmin these days as it does provide a nice web gui from just about any browser).

============================================================ ================

1 - write Rob's image to a new microSD card whatever size it is. (there is software to write images to SD cards / USB sticks in Ubuntu, Wintel and iOS - they are all the same).
              I personally went to a 16Gb card from the get go a while ago. Original Zee was on a 4Gb card; then an 8Gb card. Fast 16Gb cards are now available on Amazon for around $10.00 USD.
              2 - Rob's image includes user names and passwords
              3 - expand the image to the SD card size using the raspi configuration utility
              4 - install webmin a web based management utility
              5 - use WinSCP to copy your HomeSeer directory to /usr/local/HomeSeer directory
              6 - manually start HomeSeer using SSH and the ./go command.
              7 - watch the console
              8 - configure Homeseer 3 via the GUI
              9 - shut down Homeseer 3
              10 - Use Webmin to create an upstart script to start Homeseer 3
              11 - enable the upstart script via Webmin
              12 - reboot your RPi2 via Webmin

The other way is if you purchased the Zee-2 software upgrade/new you can write the image to your SD card and follow the Homeseer documented directions. The Zee-2 software is more like the Homeseer 3 standard release of software and very unlike the original Zee software where the plugins were written in to Homeseer. They are two different programs with different licensing.
              Last edited by Pete; July 26, 2015, 12:46 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,
                Thank You. I was at my sisters for a year then I was invited to live with friends in Maryland.
                A year later, I am getting ready to construct a "mobile" apartment out of two Shipping containers.

I am once again able to start doing home automation.
                I have the license for RPi B, RPi 2 and HS3 Pro. I used the RPi2 license for my RPi2. I used the HS3Pro for the Mac Mini.

I do not use a Windows box on a regular basis.

I used hs3pi2boot.zip as a starting point.

I am frustrated by my problems with the RPi. I went to the Mac hoping for less problems.

Comment

Working...
                X