RPi2 crashes daily - Found culprit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RPi2 crashes daily - Found culprit!

I am running RPi2 Homeseer linux operating system with HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.182 (Linux). It crashes daily. Is there anyway to determine why it is crashing?
    Thanks
    John

I am assuming you are saying that Homeseer 3 crashes daily.

Try this:

1 - shut down Homeseer via the GUI
    2 - run Homeseer in an SSH console window
    3 - enable the console windows for every plugin you are running
    4 - watch the SSH window and tell us what you see

A physically bad SD card will cause issues. There are RPi2 / RPi sites which mention using a RAM drive to alleviate the RW's on an SD card.

You can also purchase another SD card and copy your running system to that card and try it out.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yes, I am referring to HS3 program. Unfortunately, I am a beginner with Linux. I know how to SSH into the unit and when I run ./go, I see a lot of text fly by, but nothing out of the ordinary. I do not know what you mean by 3 - enable the console windows for every plugin you are running.
      I really appreciate your help.

Comment

It has been like pulling teeth to capture the log at the time of the crash. The only thing I have been able to come is "AcceptCallback: Too many open files" and then it goes crazy and repeats that message until it crashes. I would really appreciated any help.
        Thanks
        John

Comment

Originally posted by jmmorgan View Post
          Too many open files" and then it goes crazy and repeats that message until it crashes.John
          What plugins are you running? You may want to give the Windows version a go if you are more familiar with Windows and have a PC that you can load HS3 onto.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am running DSC Security, Z-Wave, BLLock, Pushover 3P and Ultralog3. I just deleted the weatherXML plug in to see if that would help. I was initially running HS3 on a window computer, but the computer died and I am not ready to buy another window computer as I was having trouble configuring it on the window's computer to run with BlueIris. I had a RPi2 so I thought I would give it a try. It was running ok, but now it crashes very day.

Comment

The HS DSC plugin version 3.0.0.56 caused the too many files to be open and crash/locked up HS3. I removed the DSC plugin and it has been running fine for a couple of days now.
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jmmorgan View Post
                The HS DSC plugin version 3.0.0.56 caused the too many files to be open and crash/locked up HS3. I removed the DSC plugin and it has been running fine for a couple of days now.
                Thanks
                Be sure to put in a Bugzilla ticket on this issue please.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                X