Hs3 web interface not accessible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hs3 web interface not accessible

When I start hs3 , the web interface is working properly.
    I can configure hs3 the way I want. When I leave it for a minute the connection is lost. It is not possible to access hs3 trough the web interface anymore.
    Also hs3touch can't reach hs3 from iPad or phone.
    Pi is still running, can access it with ssh.
    I can also access Pi with webmin in to view processes.
    Restarting hs3 is the solution to access again.

I'd like to understand what the problem is and how to fix it.
    Thanks for tips
    Deem

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Try this.

Kill the HS3 mono process. Might have more than one running such that I would kill all of the MONO processes.

Disable any autostarting of HS3 you have configured.

Guessing you are using a static IP. Don't use the Homeseer 3 GUI pieces relating to the network ip and port.

using SSH change the homeseer settings ini file to match what you have configured along with the port number. Disable myhomeseer there too.

gWebSvrPort=whatever port you want to use
    gMyHomeSeerEnabled=False

Restart homeseer manually via SSH and ./go file and watch the boot via the console.

It'll state what IP and port the GUI is using when booting.
    Last edited by Pete; January 4, 2016, 03:37 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I followed the processes for a wile, and it seems that hs3 stops totally .
      I always start hs3 manually by ./go, IP address is static. I have no auto starting configured.
      I ini file is configured to port 80.
      Attached you can see the difference in running processes. First hs3 is running and accessible , second not accessible and mono processes are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by deem View Post
        I followed the processes for a wile, and it seems that hs3 stops totally .
        I always start hs3 manually by ./go, IP address is static. I have no auto starting configured.
        I ini file is configured to port 80.
        Attached you can see the difference in running processes. First hs3 is running and accessible , second not accessible and mono processes are gone.

It looks like your running webmin on port 80? You'd have to set a different one for HomeSeer

Comment

I found what's causing it.
          When I power the PI and make a remote ssh connection, I can start hs3 with ./go. When I wait a minute, hs3 shuts down.
          When I start hs3 directly on the PI with terminal and leave the terminal open, it keeps running. When I close terminal on PI, hs3 stops.
          I was not aware of this, problem solved.

Last edited by deem; January 12, 2016, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X