Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ftp upload question

Hey folks,
    Please forgive my ignorance as I am a windows guy not a linux guy. I did manage to get the Pi2 version loaded and running very nicely, now I am trying to figure out how to upload some new icons. I managed to connect via winscp as the "homeseer" account, however when trying to upload any files in the /images/HomeSeer/status directory I get permission denied. I noticed all the other files are owned by root. I cannot find the root password in any of the docs I have to connect as.

How would I accomplish this?

well it would seem I solved my own problem at least immediately by uploading to the status folder rather than contemporary which had Homeseer as the owner.

Still would be nice to know the how to manipulate the root stuff if the need arises.

Comment

You can create a root account like so for SSH file transfer.

1 - login as whatever user you are currently using
      2 - type sudo su
      3 - enter the password for whatever user
      4 - type sudo passwd
      5 - you will see:
      6 - [sudo] password for [username]: [Type your user password and press return]
      7 - you will see:
      8 - Type new UNIX password: [Type the root password you want]
      9 - you will see:
      10 - Retype new UNIX password: [Retype the root password you chosen before]
      11 - you will see:
      12 - passwd: password updated successfully
      13 - type:
      14 - sudo adduser root sudo

15 - modify SSH for remote root access
      16 -
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
      X