determine zwave com port?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

determine zwave com port?

just got a smartstick+ to add to a HS3-Pi install.

(I made sure the software/Pi would work before I bought the smartstick+.)

I used the current download/install image from homeseer. Assuming it has the appropriate driver builtin?

So can I just plug in the smartstick+? Do I need to reboot the Pi?

How do I determine the com port?

Thinking that the smart stick is a USB to serial device. It should be seen in the drop down list. (IE: ttyUSB0)

How do I determine the com port?

It will be the only USB to serial device in use so the drop down should show ttyUSB0

It is instantly connected and seen by the RPi2 OS. You might have to shut down HS3 and restart it.

The Z-Wave HS3 driver just communicates to the stick via a generic serial connection.

To validate the port do this:

1 - SSH to your HS3-Pi
    2 - cd /dev
    3 - ls ttyUSB*

That should match the only USB to serial device you have plugged in. Here using a ZWave GPIO card, remote X10 and have one USB 1-wire 9097 device plugged in to the RPi2.

IE:
    root@ICS-RPi2-Zee:~# cd /dev
    root@ICS-RPi2-Zee:/dev# ls ttyUSB*
    ttyUSB0

Ubuntu HS3 box has 8 serial devices plugged in. Digi Edgeport USB to serial device. Each port corresponds to one serial connection.

root@ics-HS3:~# cd /dev
    root@ics-HS3:/dev# ls ttyUSB*
    ttyUSB0 ttyUSB1 ttyUSB2 ttyUSB3 ttyUSB4 ttyUSB5 ttyUSB6 ttyUSB7

See attached picture.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pete; May 11, 2016, 10:12 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

a little more info for future novices...

Well, as far as I can tell, SSH is not enabled on the official HS3Pi2 image provided? At least I could not figure it out quickly...

I finally figured out that I had to go to "controller management" where I had to DISABLE the interface to edit it.

Only then could I rename it, and specify it as a smartstick+ AND select an appropriate port...in my case with a Pi2, the USB ports are apparently tty/ACM0 and tty/ACA0? At least I think so...

The key thing is the interface was defaulted to "internal" which was wrong (I think) and there were 4 "phantom" networks associated with it?

It will be later today when I can actually try to add a node to verify.

But the homeseer log seems to indicate it is working properly now:

May-11 2:02:42 PM Z-Wave shirl-smartstick: ............................................................ ..........
      May-11 2:02:42 PM Z-Wave shirl-smartstick: .............................. FINISHED ..............................
      May-11 2:02:42 PM Z-Wave shirl-smartstick: ............................................................ ..........
      May-11 2:02:42 PM Z-Wave shirl-smartstick has successfully been made the SIS for this network.
      May-11 2:02:42 PM Z-Wave shirl-smartstick is the Primary Controller for this network.
      May-11 2:02:42 PM Z-Wave The interface's security support has been set.
      May-11 2:02:41 PM Z-Wave shirl-smartstick: Z-Wave PC Controller is Type: Static Controller
      May-11 2:02:41 PM Z-Wave shirl-smartstick: Z-Wave PC Controller Library Version: Z-Wave 4.05 (ZDK 6.51.6)
      May-11 2:02:41 PM Z-Wave Starting Z-Wave Polling for Network C2E5FCE1...
      May-11 2:02:41 PM Z-Wave shirl-smartstick: Found 1 Z-Wave nodes in interface node ID 1 (shirl-smartstick)
      May-11 2:02:41 PM Z-Wave shirl-smartstick: Z-Wave interface node ID: 1, Home ID: C2E5FCE1
      May-11 2:02:41 PM Z-Wave shirl-smartstick: Z-Wave Serial API version: 5
      May-11 2:02:41 PM Z-Wave shirl-smartstick: Z-Wave services for the SECURITY COMMAND CLASS were successfully started.
      May-11 2:02:41 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave network key has been updated and saved.
      May-11 2:02:40 PM Z-Wave shirl-smartstick: Controller firmware version: 4.32
      May-11 2:02:37 PM Z-Wave shirl-smartstick: Getting node information from controller...
      May-11 2:02:37 PM Z-Wave shirl-smartstick: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
      May-11 2:02:37 PM Z-Wave Initializing Z-Wave interface shirl-smartstick (HomeSeer SmartStick +) on /dev/ttyACM0
      May-11 2:02:37 PM Z-Wave shirl-smartstick: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
      May-11 2:02:37 PM Z-Wave shirl-smartstick: ============================================================ ==========
      May-11 2:01:50 PM Z-Wave Error New Interface: The New Interface interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning.

Comment

Working...
      X