Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error: invalid event reference

I am getting the following error:
    Error: An event was found with an invalid event reference. --- Event: Delayed Actions T-Stat Fan Mode (Delayed Action) - 4

At some point I renamed this device "T-Stat Fan Mode" to "Fan Mode" and I also removed ALL delayed events.
    I now I have a group in the events page called "Delayed Actions". If I click open/expand it gets stuck and does nothing. I have no way to delete it and I feel it make be causing other events to not run.

Is there a way to factory reset the zee s2?

I also notice that if I try to choose the cancel another event action on an event I have multiple copies of the T-Stat Fan Mode delay.(see image)

Last edited by bluesky509; May 17, 2016, 02:03 AM. Reason: add question

I'm not sure how to reset a zee, but you may want to create a backup of the homeseerdata.hsd file in the data folder and then open it using sqlitebrowser. Check the events table to see if you can find and delete those events. You'd need access to the zee using a tool called winscp. I don't have a zee so can't help with login details, etc. but there are other threads on the forum that explain how to do that.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Looking at the screenshots you added, you can create an event that uses Cancel a Delayed Device Action (which shows as "Remove Delayed Device Actions for" when you collapse the action):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	1184737

Running that once on the devices you have delayed actions for, should clean them up. You should be using that action instead in your events.

Cheers
      Al

Comment

Another option may be to revert to one of the backup database files. If the problem you are seeing happened recently and you have not made extensive changes to your events, you may be able to return to the state you were in before you renamed the device and deleted the delayed events. You would lose all the changes made in the intervening time, though.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          Looking at the screenshots you added, you can create an event that uses Cancel a Delayed Device Action (which shows as "Remove Delayed Device Actions for" when you collapse the action):

[ATTACH]54293[/ATTACH]

Running that once on the devices you have delayed actions for, should clean them up. You should be using that action instead in your events.

Cheers
          Al
          Thanks!
          This did the trick. No more errors on startup. No more ghost event group. And all my other z-wave events seem to be working again, as far as I can tell.
          All I did was add a THEN "Remove Delayed Device Actions for: T-Stat Fan Mode (Delayed Action) - 4" and in the log I can see it deleted all of the other ghost delayed events.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesky509 View Post
            Thanks!
            This did the trick. No more errors on startup. No more ghost event group. And all my other z-wave events seem to be working again, as far as I can tell.
            All I did was add a THEN "Remove Delayed Device Actions for: T-Stat Fan Mode (Delayed Action) - 4" and in the log I can see it deleted all of the other ghost delayed events.
            Great and you're welcome!

Comment

Working...
            X