No announcement yet.

HS3Pro on Pi3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks I got it up and running except my "Events" didn't transfer over. Seems like only my settings and devices did. Plugins I manually installed and now I need to trouble shoot the "Events".

Edit: Not sure how but I had an older version of MONO 3.xx installed and I know that will cause this problem. So I have upgraded mono and retesting.
    Last edited by integlikewhoa; October 10, 2016, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Yup the fix for transfer of Wintel over to Linux was to update to Mono 4.X. That said this works for a new installation but if you have an old installation on the Linux box then it wipes out the triggers messing with the events. This is documented here on the forum.

Here updated my Mono from 3.12 to 4.XX on my two HS3 boxes and lost all of the triggers. Note too that the update to Mono 4.XX was part of the update of Ubuntu 14.04 to Ubuntu 16.04. It is different with Rasberian.

Once this happens you cannot go in to an event and insert a trigger; it doesn't work. You have to write a new event and delete the old event.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Yup the fix for transfer of Wintel over to Linux was to update to Mono 4.X. That said this works for a new installation but if you have an old installation on the Linux box then it wipes out the triggers messing with the events. This is documented here on the forum.

Here updated my Mono from 3.12 to 4.XX on my two HS3 boxes and lost all of the triggers. Note too that the update to Mono 4.XX was part of the update of Ubuntu 14.04 to Ubuntu 16.04. It is different with Rasberian.

Once this happens you cannot go in to an event and insert a trigger; it doesn't work. You have to write a new event and delete the old event.
        Sorry I never updated this thread after I fixed . Yes I updated to Mono 4.xx and then did a restore and everything came up. I think got everything working now except I haven't moved over a z-wave stick and tested (not ready to make a full move) and the biggest hold up and maybe the only one right now is the fact that the CADDX alarm panel plugin is currently not working with Linux. The Dev says he is not very handy with Linux, and doesn't currently have a Linux box setup (but he's running VM on a MAC Mini) but is looking for help and will work on it when he gets a linux box setup. A few have chimed in already and pointed him in the right direction, but the more the marrier.

If you have any input, advise or to show support on his linux Com port poroblem the thread is here http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184379

This is currently my only hold up on a full move to linux.

Thanks,

Comment

Only started with HS3 quite recently and went the Raspberry Pi3, Raspbian Jessie and Mono 4x route. Am using the Concord plugin and the X10 CM15 plugin and so far everything appears stable. I'll put my system through it's paces and report back if I experience any problems.

Comment

Working...
          X