Pi2 stops responding after repeated rebuilds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pi2 stops responding after repeated rebuilds

I have had my Pi2 running HS3 Std (using Z-NET for ZWare) go unresponsive 4 times now. . .about a month apart each time.

Basically, SSH and Web got unresponsive, though it still responds to ping.

When I connect the HDMI cable, I see it appears the SD card has gone unresponsive (same each time). I have tried 3 different MicroSD cards and rebuilt then each time with the Zee2 restore image, then rename the HomeSeer folder and replace with my HomeSeer folder backup. . .always works after the rebuild.

Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mountroot fs on unknown-block(179,6)

Any ideas what would cause my Pi2 to continue to do this. . .could the Pi2 board itself cause such issues?

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
    I have had my Pi2 running HS3 Std (using Z-NET for ZWare) go unresponsive 4 times now. . .about a month apart each time.

Basically, SSH and Web got unresponsive, though it still responds to ping.

When I connect the HDMI cable, I see it appears the SD card has gone unresponsive (same each time). I have tried 3 different MicroSD cards and rebuilt then each time with the Zee2 restore image, then rename the HomeSeer folder and replace with my HomeSeer folder backup. . .always works after the rebuild.

Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mountroot fs on unknown-block(179,6)

Any ideas what would cause my Pi2 to continue to do this. . .could the Pi2 board itself cause such issues?
    No responses from anyone. I ended up moving the install to a new Pi2. . .and it has been over 2 months without corruption. . .somehow the board itself seems to have been corrupting the SD card. . .

Comment

Working...
    X