HomeSeer not saving for restarts Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer not saving for restarts Linux

I seem to be having some problems with my Pi3 full HS3 install. I think I have an issue with shutdowns not happening gracefully and also a problem with startups coming up with several days old status information. So I have a few questions.

How does the device (current status, and last changed state) get saved or reused after a botched shutdown? Where is it stored and how often should it be updated?

So right now after a reboot of the pi my homeseer shows my home/away day/night virtual switches in a very old state. It also shows the last changed date for all my devices from like 4 days ago. I would assume this would update regularly and if the power was lost and restored I shouldn't be going back to 4 day old data.

I have the same similar experience. I presume that this does not happen when you shutdown gracefully?

How do you start HS? Manually or automated via service?

How do you restart HS?
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
      I have the same similar experience. I presume that this does not happen when you shutdown gracefully?

How do you start HS? Manually or automated via service?

How do you restart HS?
      I use this for starting on boot (which is the only time I start it)

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184208

This should have a graceful shutdown working (but I cant say it works on my system) for testing I can try a graceful shutdown from the "tools, system, shutdown" in the HS3 web UI. But seems to be hit or miss results.

Really this Linux version isn't working out like it used to on windows.

Comment

There is sometimes a lingering of plugins when shutting down.

You can see this if you manually start HS3 via command line; then shut it down via the GUI and watch the command line.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
          ... a problem with startups coming up with several days old status information. So I have a few questions.
          I've seen the same behavior on a full linux install. To shut down, I either use the menu option from within HS, or I use an event that just calls "hs.Shutdown()." When I restart again, everything appears to come back up from data that's 2-5 days old.

(For example, window sensors will be shown as open that haven't been open in days, last changed timestamps will all be days old, etc.)

MOST of the data gets fixed within an hour or so, but I usually end up walking around opening/closing windows to get those devices that aren't polled (and not frequently used) to get a proper state.

Pete, at least in my case, the plugins aren't hanging around in memory - they are exiting.

Comment

Working...
          X