No announcement yet.

Yeelight Plugin (Beta) - Testers Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great. After seeing this today I bought one to test.

Thanks for answering all my questions.

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Hi, MrHappy

I have only one network in my home :192.168.xx.xx connected by wifi and DHCP

My laptop is connected to wifi

network with adress 169.254.xx.xx is a self attrib network adress

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      OK I think I can see what might be the issue, do you have multiple network interfaces or something similar? The packet is being sent through 169.254.x but the bulb is on 192.168.x, I imagine that might be throwing the plugin off and it not capturing the return packet for some reason. I will have a think and post back here but I do appreciate you testing.
      I don't know why the program Yeelight_Control use adress 169.254.xx.xx

Now, I can't find my lesdstrip with Yeelight_control

it's conneted to yeelight android application and i can see in drhsIpPlugIn all change to ledstrip

This is the network trame send by Yeelight_control

My change in ledstrip from Android application:

Jean-francois.

Comment

jfla

Could you please try this - (see first post)

It appears that .net is sending out the UDP discovery packets on interfaces that may not always be the correct one (who knows how it makes the decision), as such the packets get lost. There is no great method to determine which is the right network interface to send them out of because even my VirtualBox has a virtual NIC that supports the multicast address so it is not correct to check whether or not they support that address.

I have left it to make it's own mind up about the interfaces and default to interface 0. This may still however be wrong in certain setups and as such I do have a method to jump that if needed but I would prefer to try this first. If this still does not allow the devices to be discovered then please attach a screenshot of the start of the plugin. I am interested in the names of the interfaces that you see in the red boxes like here;
        Last edited by mrhappy; April 21st, 2018, 05:00 AM.
        My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
        Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

Hi, MrHappy

I'm not at home .I test it when i return.

Happy NewYear

Jean-Francois.

Comment

Hello, MrHappy

I tested last night,

Before i stopped drhsplugin for this

this is the startup log:

No reponse to discovery the ledstrip

Jean-Francois.

Comment

OK thank you for testing, can you create a file in your config directory called Yeelight3P.ini and add the following;

Code:
              [Settings]
              InterfaceName="Connexion au réseau local"
              Save the file and restart the plugin, at the top you should then get NameOfInterface: ethernet changed to the name of your interface.

If this does not work then I will probably look at a manual adding option.
              My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |

Comment

Hello, MrHappy

I have a big problem

After update this morning, Windows Defender detect a virus in file HSPI_YEELIGHT3P.exe

NOT with V0001

Jean-Francois.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by jfla; January 3rd, 2018, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Adam, I am curious, will this plugin work with the LEDENET controllers?

I have some of the LEDENET controllers for LED lights. They can be controlled with an app on your phone named Magic Home. This is one of the controllers see https://www.amazon.com/LEDENET-Contr.../dp/B00MDKOSN0

Thoughts?
                  Billy Draper

Comment

Originally posted by jfla View Post
                    Hello, MrHappy

I have a big problem

After update this morning, Windows Defender detect a virus in file HSPI_YEELIGHT3P.exe

NOT with V0001

Jean-Francois.
                    OK well this is obviously does not sound good, I have however checked and re-checked the version with Windows defender (I also run it and keep my definitions up to date) and cannot see a trojan. I have looked around and it looks as if it is detected in a number of pieces of software and are likely to be a false positive. I have checked it on VirusTotal and it comes back clean.

I expect it is because of what I am doing (sending multicast packets on a non standard port) it might think that it is some type of malware, I'm sorry you are seeing this. I am hoping that when Rob gets his devices he can test the plugin and I will know whether or not it works for someone else apart from me. At the minute it is difficult to guess where the problem might be, on your PC or in the plugin.
                    My Plugins:

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
                      Adam, I am curious, will this plugin work with the LEDENET controllers?

I have some of the LEDENET controllers for LED lights. They can be controlled with an app on your phone named Magic Home. This is one of the controllers see https://www.amazon.com/LEDENET-Contr.../dp/B00MDKOSN0

Thoughts?
                      I'm doing some work with a not dissimilar device that uses the eWelink app on ios/droid and I expect these are likely similar. I am afraid the plugin does not support these and never will. The devices are commonly ESP8266/8285 and can be re-flashed with a number of different firmware versions out there, I've tried interfacing natively with the protocol that appears to be built into these units and it is a pain (secure websockets and odd bits like that) and does not work correctly which leads me to think of re-flashing is the likely way forward. You can pick up all sorts cheaply which are similar and I have the Arilux dimmer that I am looking at re-flashing.
                      My Plugins:

Comment

I've also been looking at getting a lightswitch working which uses ewelink. IFTT works with it. but thats very slow.

Comment

Adam,
                          I finally received my Yeelight (1 month to the day of order). I haven't played with it yet, however, from what I read about the android app, I need to create an account to use it. Is this required from your plugin? Can it be used independent on cloud services?

You have a couple of versions of your plugin here, which one should I use?

Robert
                          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                            Adam,
                            I finally received my Yeelight (1 month to the day of order). I haven't played with it yet, however, from what I read about the android app, I need to create an account to use it. Is this required from your plugin? Can it be used independent on cloud services?

You have a couple of versions of your plugin here, which one should I use?

Robert
                            You unfortunately need to sign up (I just use a disposable email address for these things) to the app to link your devices to the wifi however that is that last you need to do with the app, the plugin is 100% connecting locally to the bulbs - there are no external calls made to it.

Use the version posted in the Dec 21st post, I've checked and there is no virus in there it is likely the scanner picking up what the network traffic is doing and interpreting it as a virus. You will need to enable LAN mode in the app on android first though before the plugin will see the bulbs, it was quite hidden IIRC you had to go into the individual bulb settings then it was an option at the very bottom of the screen.
                            My Plugins:

Comment

Adam,

The plugin doesn't seem to see the yeelight at all. I'm able to control the light with my phone, however, the logs only show...

Jan-14 5:43:43 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Yeelight 3P

Jan-14 5:43:43 PM Yeelight 3P Start Discovery Timer

Jan-14 5:43:43 PM Yeelight 3P UDP RX Thread Started

Jan-14 5:43:43 PM Yeelight 3P Yeelight LED Startup

Jan-14 5:43:43 PM Info Plugin Yeelight 3P has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:51103

I used the plugin download from the December 31 as I think that's the one you meant.. perhaps I'm wrong..?

Robert

Comment

Hello, MrHappy

I have installed AVAST on my homeseer serveur.

Now, No error with HSPI_YEELIGHT3P.exe

I started it :

janv.-18 19:45:03 Yeelight 3P Creating Device: Yeelight 31aac13 CT Colour
                                janv.-18 19:45:03 Yeelight 3P Creating Device: Yeelight 31aac13 RGB Colour
                                janv.-18 19:45:03 Yeelight 3P Creating Device: Yeelight 31aac13 Transition
                                janv.-18 19:45:03 Yeelight 3P Creating Device: Yeelight 31aac13 Fade Duration
                                janv.-18 19:45:03 Yeelight 3P Creating Device: Yeelight 31aac13 Control
                                janv.-18 19:45:03 Yeelight 3P Creating Device: Yeelight 31aac13 Root
                                janv.-18 19:45:03 Yeelight 3P Device Does Not Exist - 31aac13 - Creating Devices
                                janv.-18 19:44:58 Yeelight 3P Start Discovery Timer
                                janv.-18 19:44:58 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Yeelight 3P
                                janv.-18 19:44:58 Yeelight 3P UDP RX Thread Started
                                janv.-18 19:44:58 Yeelight 3P Yeelight LED Startup
                                janv.-18 19:44:58 Info Plugin Yeelight 3P has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:53895
                                janv.-18 19:44:51 Info Plugin drhsIpPlugIn with instance: has disconnected
                                janv.-18 19:44:51 Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: drhsIpPlugIn

Comment

Working...
                                X