Hi, MrHappy

same problem for me with V0.9

Start and discover work fine by i can't control led strip from HS3

I put the log below.

I return to V0.7

Jean-Francois.
    Attached Files

Comment

This plugin was meant to be the easy one!! I'm chasing my tail with a couple of what should be straightforward things here and sorry everyone but thanks for testing.

Just going slightly back a bit;

1) I've removed the polling interval just to rule anything out there, left it as it always has been.

2) I've broken the web page just for the minute but the most important thing is to ensure in the Yeelight.ini file you have InterfaceNumber which matches the found interfaces when the plugin loads. I don't know why the index has changed but I will double check, it may not be the best way of referencing your network card.

If the plugin loads it should at least check the devices and be able to control them from the devices page, I've tested it here on two HS installs and it appears to work OK.

Could someone please try version .10 - (see first post)

Thanks...
      Last edited by mrhappy; April 21st, 2018, 05:01 AM.
      My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
      Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

Thanks Adam. The worked without a hitch!

I still had my restore old InterfaceNumber=13 in my case - did not create a new one.

Didn't do anything other than update and enabled the plugin.

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
          Thanks Adam. The worked without a hitch!

I still had my restore old InterfaceNumber=13 in my case - did not create a new one.

Didn't do anything other than update and enabled the plugin.

Robert
          Excellent thanks for persevering and trying it for me, for those that need it this is version .10 packaged up (see first post)

I have a few more plugins that can go in the updater so will chase HST up and see whether or not I can put this in the updater also.
          My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |

Comment

Hi, MrHappy

Work fine with v.10

Jean-Francois.

Comment

Running .10, updated mcsmqtt this morning and got this:

Apr-06 5:19:45 AM Warning Plug-in Yeelight 3P is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
              Apr-06 5:19:40 AM X10 INFO SendX10: B5 Cmd: 3 Dim: 0 Data1/2: 0/0
              Apr-06 5:19:40 AM Device Control Device: First Floor Kitchen Kitchen Entry Motion to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Apr-06 5:19:37 AM Z-Wave Device: Basement Garage kW Hours 2 Set to 13938.438 (13938.438 kW Hours)
              Apr-06 5:19:37 AM Z-Wave Device: Basement Garage kW Hours 1 Set to 16342.073 (16342.073 kW Hours)
              Apr-06 5:19:33 AM Error Error, Creating plugin instance: HSPI_YEELIGHT3P.exe->Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.->The type initializer for 'HSPI_YEELIGHT3P.HSPI' threw an exception.

When I restart HS Yeelight plugin is disabled and I have to enable it.

Comment

Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
                Running .10, updated mcsmqtt this morning and got this:

Apr-06 5:19:45 AM Warning Plug-in Yeelight 3P is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                Apr-06 5:19:40 AM X10 INFO SendX10: B5 Cmd: 3 Dim: 0 Data1/2: 0/0
                Apr-06 5:19:40 AM Device Control Device: First Floor Kitchen Kitchen Entry Motion to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                Apr-06 5:19:37 AM Z-Wave Device: Basement Garage kW Hours 2 Set to 13938.438 (13938.438 kW Hours)
                Apr-06 5:19:37 AM Z-Wave Device: Basement Garage kW Hours 1 Set to 16342.073 (16342.073 kW Hours)
                Apr-06 5:19:33 AM Error Error, Creating plugin instance: HSPI_YEELIGHT3P.exe->Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.->The type initializer for 'HSPI_YEELIGHT3P.HSPI' threw an exception.

When I restart HS Yeelight plugin is disabled and I have to enable it.
                I really don't know what is causing this but I will have a look again, I thought I fixed it with the last release but guess no...it's a bit of an odd one and I can only think it's something to do with something getting confused when I compile it.
                My Plugins:

Comment

Yeah Adam... just wanted to confirm that Yeelight took an exception when I updated the Imperihome plugin.

Apr-13 1:40:18 PM Error Error, Creating plugin instance: HSPI_YEELIGHT3P.exe->Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.->The type initializer for 'HSPI_YEELIGHT3P.HSPI' threw an exception.

Robert
                  HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                    Yeah Adam... just wanted to confirm that Yeelight took an exception when I updated the Imperihome plugin.

Apr-13 1:40:18 PM Error Error, Creating plugin instance: HSPI_YEELIGHT3P.exe->Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.->The type initializer for 'HSPI_YEELIGHT3P.HSPI' threw an exception.

Robert
                    It's one of the most infuriating errors I have ever come across I must be honest, I've found a HS bug along the way however I am afraid that this particular problem completely eludes me. What I can say is that there appears to be something different when the plugin runs remotely (this issue does not happen) to when it runs locally, that should not happen IMHO. It should work the same no matter what.

Here is an example, if you see this set of HS logs I launch the plugin remotely and then update the APCUPSD plugin (it's arbitrary which plugin it is by the looks of it).

Code:
                    Apr-14 14:35:24	 	Updater	Install/Update of package APCUPSD was successful.
                    Apr-14 14:35:24	 	Updater	Extraction Complete.
                    Apr-14 14:35:24	 	Updater	Extracting files from zip file: hspi_apcupsd.zip
                    Apr-14 14:35:24	 	Updater Warning	File exists, not overwriting: C:\HS3\Config\hspi_apcupsd.ini
                    Apr-14 14:35:24	 	Updater	Copying file: C:\HS3\HSPI_APCUPSD.exe.config
                    Apr-14 14:35:24	 	Updater	Copying file: C:\HS3\HSPI_APCUPSD.exe
                    Apr-14 14:35:24	 	Updater	Installing package APCUPSD
                    Apr-14 14:35:24	 	Updater	Update hspi_apcupsd.exe downloaded successfully
                    Apr-14 14:35:22	 	Updater	Downloading update: APCUPSD
                    Apr-14 14:35:22	 	Warning	Update is not configured properly in updater.txt file, missing interface name.
                    Apr-14 14:35:22	 	Updater	Starting download of updates
                    Apr-14 14:35:13	 	AdafruitIO	Exception: The operation has timed out
                    Apr-14 14:35:08	 	Yeelight 3P	Connection Worker Thread Completed
                    Apr-14 14:35:08	 	Yeelight 3P	Start Discovery Timer
                    Apr-14 14:35:08	 	Yeelight 3P	Interface Match - Ethernet
                    Apr-14 14:35:08	 	Yeelight 3P	Multicast Adapter Discovered: Ethernet Index: 6
                    Apr-14 14:35:08	 	Yeelight 3P	Multicast Adapter Discovered: VirtualBox Host-Only Network #2 Index: 4
                    Apr-14 14:35:08	 	Yeelight 3P	UDP RX Thread Started
                    Apr-14 14:35:08	 	Starting Plug-In	Plugin Yeelight 3P started successfully in 47 milliseconds
                    Apr-14 14:35:08	 	Yeelight 3P	Yeelight LED Startup
                    Apr-14 14:35:08	 	Starting Plug-In	Initializing plugin Yeelight 3P ...
                    Apr-14 14:35:08	 	Info	Plugin Yeelight 3P has connected. IP:192.168.1.190:64687
                    Apr-14 14:34:58	 	Info	Plugin Yeelight 3P with instance: has disconnected
                    As you can see no error...

Then if I launch the plugin from HS and do the same then it throws the error;

Code:
                    Apr-14 14:37:29	 	Error	Error, Creating plugin instance: HSPI_YEELIGHT3P.exe->Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.->The type initializer for 'HSPI_YEELIGHT3P.HSPI' threw an exception.
                    Apr-14 14:37:28	 	Updater	Install/Update of package APCUPSD was successful.
                    Apr-14 14:37:28	 	Updater	Extraction Complete.
                    Apr-14 14:37:27	 	Updater	Extracting files from zip file: hspi_apcupsd.zip
                    Apr-14 14:37:27	 	Updater Warning	File exists, not overwriting: C:\HS3\Config\hspi_apcupsd.ini
                    Apr-14 14:37:27	 	Updater	Copying file: C:\HS3\HSPI_APCUPSD.exe.config
                    Apr-14 14:37:27	 	Updater	Copying file: C:\HS3\HSPI_APCUPSD.exe
                    Apr-14 14:37:27	 	Updater	Installing package APCUPSD
                    Apr-14 14:37:27	 	Updater	Update hspi_apcupsd.exe downloaded successfully
                    Apr-14 14:37:26	 	Updater	Downloading update: APCUPSD
                    Apr-14 14:37:26	 	Warning	Update is not configured properly in updater.txt file, missing interface name.
                    Apr-14 14:37:26	 	Updater	Starting download of updates
                    Apr-14 14:36:50	 	Yeelight 3P	Connection Worker Thread Completed
                    Apr-14 14:36:50	 	Yeelight 3P	Start Discovery Timer
                    Apr-14 14:36:50	 	Yeelight 3P	Multicast Adapter Discovered: Loopback Pseudo-Interface 1 Index: 1
                    Apr-14 14:36:50	 	Yeelight 3P	Multicast Adapter Discovered: Local Area Connection Index: 11
                    Apr-14 14:36:50	 	Yeelight 3P	UDP RX Thread Started
                    Apr-14 14:36:50	 	Starting Plug-In	Plugin Yeelight 3P started successfully in 21 milliseconds
                    Apr-14 14:36:50	 	Yeelight 3P	Yeelight LED Startup
                    Apr-14 14:36:50	 	Starting Plug-In	Initializing plugin Yeelight 3P ...
                    Apr-14 14:36:50	 	Info	Plugin Yeelight 3P has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:54227
                    Apr-14 14:36:50	 	Plug-In	Finished initializing plug-in Yeelight 3P
                    I've had a look at the HS debug modes and I can't get enough information on the traces through there to be able to find out what may be happening, because the error is inside HS rather than inside the plugin I can't (that I am aware of) trace it especially as the plugin carries on running so it does not appear that there is an error in the plugin itself else it would crash and throw an exception.

I've found an issue with HS plugins not registering there interface name on the interfaces page if you don't specify a config link (which is why they may be blank) but I don't think that is anything to do with the plugin.

I'm afraid I am a bit stuck really because I've tried everything I can do here, the error is inside HS and without the actual missing method being highlighted I'm staring into the abyss. I'll keep plugging away at it though!
                    My Plugins:

Comment

When I get home from work this evening I'll look at loading it remotely myself. No shortage of computers in the house that run 24/7 so that will be a nice work around for now.

Comment

I think I might have solved it...can you please try verion .11 please which is here (see first post)
                        My Plugins:

Comment

Thanks Adam... Can't confirm yet that there are no issues updating plugins, however, I can confirm .11 works. I'll update when I have the opportunity and need to update plugins.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                            I think I might have solved it...can you please try verion .11 please which is here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fg...nFbQJP09bEQi_8
                            Working beautifully. I upgraded MCSMQTT and Ultraweather this morning and Yeelight continued to run. Thanks! Now if Rick could just figure out why plugins won't upgrade without turning them off first we would be good. I forget to disable them half the time.

Comment

Excellent thank you for testing, I think I'll have to say 50:50 in terms of who is at fault but I am at a loss as to why this particular part of the plugin is called only when a plugin is updated whereas it is not when run remotely. It was to do with how the UDP client was constructed in .net.
                              My Plugins:

Comment

Adam,

I wanted to congratulate you on this fix. I just updated EasyTrigger without any issue whatsoever. You nailed it!

Thank you for your hard work!

Robert

Comment

Working...
                                X