No announcement yet.

Yeelight Plugin (Beta) - Testers Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's great to hear, thanks for letting me know - I'm curious how people are finding these bulbs and whether they are any good for anyone? I'm not sure how many WiFi bulbs there are with support in HS (I'm not talking about ones with an intermediate hub) to draw any comparisons with what Yeelight offer for the price.
    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

I'm find it pretty good especially for the price. One thing I noticed as we've had short term power failures the last couple of days, is that when power comes back on, they turn on to like 50% or so. Not a big deal and I will create an event after a minute of the power being restored to turn off the light.

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Hi,MrHappy

Work fine with V.11

Thanks for this plugin.

Jean-Francois.

Comment

Adam,

I wonder if you can help with my yeelight. It had worked for months without issue, then when I turned off the breakers in my house to t/s a WD100 and with the yeelight on the same circuit, it had lost connectivity. No sure why it couldn't maintain this through a power fail as it had before. Nonetheless, after having issues in registering and connecting the bulb again with the Yeelight app, I managed to make it work via the app. However, I can't seem to get it connected to the plugin. I also noticed that the discovery has the index of 5 instead of 11 as previous. I made changes to the ini file but still nothing.

Any ideas? I thought I had this one figured out, but I'm at a loss.

Jul-03 9:53:39 AM Yeelight 3P Start Discovery Timer

Jul-03 9:53:39 AM Yeelight 3P Interface Match - Ethernet

Jul-03 9:53:39 AM Yeelight 3P Multicast Adapter Discovered: Ethernet Index: 5

Jul-03 9:53:39 AM Yeelight 3P UDP RX Thread Started

Jul-03 9:53:39 AM Starting Plug-In Plugin Yeelight 3P started successfully in 14 milliseconds

Jul-03 9:53:39 AM Yeelight 3P Yeelight LED Startup

Jul-03 9:53:39 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Yeelight 3P ...

Jul-03 9:53:38 AM Info Plugin Yeelight 3P has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:53720

Jul-03 9:53:38 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Yeelight 3P

Robert
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
            Adam,

I wonder if you can help with my yeelight. It had worked for months without issue, then when I turned off the breakers in my house to t/s a WD100 and with the yeelight on the same circuit, it had lost connectivity. No sure why it couldn't maintain this through a power fail as it had before. Nonetheless, after having issues in registering and connecting the bulb again with the Yeelight app, I managed to make it work via the app. However, I can't seem to get it connected to the plugin. I also noticed that the discovery has the index of 5 instead of 11 as previous. I made changes to the ini file but still nothing.

Any ideas? I thought I had this one figured out, but I'm at a loss.

Jul-03 9:53:39 AM Yeelight 3P Start Discovery Timer

Jul-03 9:53:39 AM Yeelight 3P Interface Match - Ethernet

Jul-03 9:53:39 AM Yeelight 3P Multicast Adapter Discovered: Ethernet Index: 5

Jul-03 9:53:39 AM Yeelight 3P UDP RX Thread Started

Jul-03 9:53:39 AM Starting Plug-In Plugin Yeelight 3P started successfully in 14 milliseconds

Jul-03 9:53:39 AM Yeelight 3P Yeelight LED Startup

Jul-03 9:53:39 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Yeelight 3P ...

Jul-03 9:53:38 AM Info Plugin Yeelight 3P has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:53720

Jul-03 9:53:38 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Yeelight 3P

Robert
            Hi Rob, I think it has just not picked up the correct network interface. I'll have to look see whether or not there is a better way to do this but what the plugin is doing is looking through all of your interfaces in your system and checking whether they support sending multi cast messages. The code looks like this;

Code:
             Dim numOfInterface As String = hs.GetINISetting("Settings", "InterfaceNumber", "0", "Yeelight3P.ini")

Log("-> NumOfInterface: " & numOfInterface)

Dim nics() As NetworkInterface = NetworkInterface.GetAllNetworkInterfaces()

For Each adapter As NetworkInterface In nics

If adapter.SupportsMulticast Then

Log("--> Multicast Adapter Discovered: " & adapter.Name)

Dim mca As MulticastIPAddressInformationCollection = adapter.GetIPProperties.MulticastAddresses

Log("--> MCA Count: " & mca.Count)

For Each item As MulticastIPAddressInformation In mca
                                    Log("---> MCA Item Address: " & item.Address.ToString)
                                Next

Log("--> Multicast Operational Status: " & adapter.OperationalStatus)

Dim p As IPv4InterfaceProperties = adapter.GetIPProperties().GetIPv4Properties()

Log("Multicast Adapter Discovered: " & adapter.Name & " Index: " & p.Index, LogLevel.Normal)

Log("---> Index: " & p.Index)

If p.Index = Convert.ToInt32(numOfInterface) Then
                                    Log("Interface Match - " & adapter.Name, LogLevel.Both)
                                    IPIndex = p.Index
                                    Exit For
                                End If

End If

Next

Log("-> Index Of Interface: " & IPIndex)
            So some of these messages are debug messages only so you will only see them in the console window. So in your case it is matching with interface number five which is an Ethernet interface, it is possible unfortunately for the interface numbers to change so I will probably have to look at doing it by MAC address or something.

I would disable the plugin, enable developer mode and then start it back up. Look in the window for the adapters it discovers and then make a note of the interface number that is correct (which is either 5 or 11 I guess?). In the plugin setup page change the network interface and see whether or not the plugin now finds the bulbs. If not check the number in the INI file and try and restart the plugin in case I am not saving it to the file or something.

Cheers
            My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |

Comment

I have yet to get a successful discovery.
              Does the light strip need to be connected to the Wifi first through the phone app?
              Or does the strip need to be just recently reset when adding?
              I have tried both ways.

I have double checked and it does have the right interface index (16).

I am using a Yeelight strip. Very much could be user error.

Jul-03 7:14:03 PM Yeelight 3P Connection Worker Thread Completed
              Jul-03 7:14:03 PM Yeelight 3P Start Discovery Timer
              Jul-03 7:14:03 PM Yeelight 3P Interface Match - vEthernet (New Virtual Switch)
              Jul-03 7:14:03 PM Yeelight 3P Multicast Adapter Discovered: vEthernet (New Virtual Switch) Index: 16
              Jul-03 7:14:03 PM Yeelight 3P UDP RX Thread Started
              Jul-03 7:14:03 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin Yeelight 3P started successfully in 20 milliseconds
              Jul-03 7:14:03 PM Web Server Web Server authorized local login successful from: 192.168.0.100 User: admin
              Jul-03 7:14:03 PM Yeelight 3P Yeelight LED Startup

edit: I'll add that I am running it on Server 2012 r2. It has hyper-v running with a few virtual machines, hence (New Virtual Switch).
              Last edited by Tacklebait; July 4th, 2018, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tacklebait View Post
                I have yet to get a successful discovery.
                Does the light strip need to be connected to the Wifi first through the phone app?
                Or does the strip need to be just recently reset when adding?
                I have tried both ways.

I have double checked and it does have the right interface index (16).

I am using a Yeelight strip. Very much could be user error.

Jul-03 7:14:03 PM Yeelight 3P Connection Worker Thread Completed
                Jul-03 7:14:03 PM Yeelight 3P Start Discovery Timer
                Jul-03 7:14:03 PM Yeelight 3P Interface Match - vEthernet (New Virtual Switch)
                Jul-03 7:14:03 PM Yeelight 3P Multicast Adapter Discovered: vEthernet (New Virtual Switch) Index: 16
                Jul-03 7:14:03 PM Yeelight 3P UDP RX Thread Started
                Jul-03 7:14:03 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin Yeelight 3P started successfully in 20 milliseconds
                Jul-03 7:14:03 PM Web Server Web Server authorized local login successful from: 192.168.0.100 User: admin
                Jul-03 7:14:03 PM Yeelight 3P Yeelight LED Startup

edit: I'll add that I am running it on Server 2012 r2. It has hyper-v running with a few virtual machines, hence (New Virtual Switch).
                Have you enabled LAN control on each bulb? It is a setting that is set to off by default and is in the Yeelight app, you need to go into the bulb settings and right at the bottom is a button to enable third party control. Without that they are invisible to the LAN - can you confirm that is enabled first then I can work through any other issues.
                My Plugins:

Comment

Adam... good thing I saw this. That was my problem after I re-added my light - I forgot the LAN control.

Everything working great again.

Thanks,

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                    Adam... good thing I saw this. That was my problem after I re-added my light - I forgot the LAN control.

Everything working great again.

Thanks,

Robert
                    I'd like to think that Yeelight does not change that setting without you asking for it but I got no idea what goes on in their firmware upgrades - one to watch out for I think! Glad it is working for you.
                    My Plugins:

Comment

Thank you mr happy. Works like a charm. I'd happily pay money for this if it ever requires so.

Loving this cheap alternative lightstrip and your plugin!

Comment

Originally posted by Tacklebait View Post
                        Thank you mr happy. Works like a charm. I'd happily pay money for this if it ever requires so.

Loving this cheap alternative lightstrip and your plugin!
                        Great thanks for letting me know and good to hear the lightstrip behaves the same - the plugin will always be free (donationware at best!).
                        My Plugins:

Comment

New Lightbulbs on the Way

I am wondering if the yeelight app is required to get the PI to work? I have 2 adj white bulbs coming and I am curious because the app has a very bad rating. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                            I am wondering if the yeelight app is required to get the PI to work? I have 2 adj white bulbs coming and I am curious because the app has a very bad rating. thanks
                            You only need the app to initially link your bulbs to your WiFi network and then to enable LAN control to enable this plugin to work. Use a disposable email address when signing up if you so wish - the only time I ever think you would need it again (save for changing network settings) is any bulb firmware upgrades but I've not seen any real need for any upgrades. So once you are setup you can delete the app if you so wish, I haven't checked why it is rated low but to me it seems OK.
                            My Plugins:

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                              You only need the app to initially link your bulbs to your WiFi network and then to enable LAN control to enable this plugin to work. Use a disposable email address when signing up if you so wish - the only time I ever think you would need it again (save for changing network settings) is any bulb firmware upgrades but I've not seen any real need for any upgrades. So once you are setup you can delete the app if you so wish, I haven't checked why it is rated low but to me it seems OK.
                              OK, thanks. I will use an old gmail acct. I will let you know how well the 2 bulbs work. Not a bad price of $15 for an adj white!

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                                OK, thanks. I will use an old gmail acct. I will let you know how well the 2 bulbs work. Not a bad price of $15 for an adj white!
                                Please do let me know - I had to make some guesses in the plugin to deal with the plain white bulbs as I don't have any (I'm not sure anyone has tested them either with the plugin) which may or may not be correct. I'm hoping that most of it is correct.
                                My Plugins:

Comment

Working...
                                X