No announcement yet.

Yeelight Plugin (Beta) - Testers Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did enable LAN control. I also select the correct network interface but nothing is discovered

Comment

• i have download the phyton script I can discover the light bulb but i don't know why this plugin cannot

Comment

• wanaka what hardware are you running HomeSeer on?

I'm running the HS Pi edition on a Raspberry Pi and I'm seeing the same as you - the Python script running on the Pi works correctly but the plugin doesn't discover the bulb.

Comment

• I am running HomeSeer Hometroller sel

Comment

• Originally posted by wanaka View Post
            I am running HomeSeer Hometroller sel

Hmmm - the HomeTroller SEL is Linux based. I wonder if there's a pattern here.

Is anybody out there running this plugin successfully on a Linux-based HomeSeer?

Comment

• so this is only for windows?

Comment

• Originally posted by wanaka View Post
                so this is only for windows?
                Officially no - it does support Linux according to the installation page. But I'm pretty sure the plugin author is running/developing on Windows and I can't see any evidence of previous users on this thread running on a Linux HS installation... so I'm guessing that it might be the cause of you & I not being able to get things working.

I don't think mrhappy has been around for a while so I think we just have to wait until he returns and then maybe he can help us debug the issues, confirm whether Linux is the cause and hopefully get things running.

In the meantime, I noticed that IFTTT has support for both Yeelight and HomeSeer so it might be possible to connect the two via there... but obviously not as nicely or with as many features as if we did things directly through the plugin.

Comment

• Jumping onto the same bandwagon on this one having a Linux VM for Homeseer. Shame since I got a few bulbs really cheap here in NZ and was hoping to use them for Outside lights. I'll check out the IFTTT options sometime this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by markg View Post
                    Jumping onto the same bandwagon on this one having a Linux VM for Homeseer. Shame since I got a few bulbs really cheap here in NZ and was hoping to use them for Outside lights. I'll check out the IFTTT options sometime this week.
                    Following up on this, an upgrade from Mono 4.2.1.102 to 5.20.1.19 made no difference (I needed to update this for the Blue Iris plugin to work). I'm running Ububntu 16.04LTS.

Comment

• Are there any more updates to this plug-in?

Comment

• Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                        Are there any more updates to this plug-in?
                        I don't think so - mrhappy's documentation at http://seriousface.ddns.net/plugins/...#Yeelight%203P still shows 0.0.0.11 as the most recent version

Comment

Working...
                        X