Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeelight Plugin (Beta) - Testers Wanted

Dear All

I know there has been the odd mention around here of the ability to control the Yeelight brand of WiFi bulbs (https://www.yeelight.com/ - available on places like DX/Banggood) in HS. I've written a plugin that is still a bit rough around the edges I am interested in beta testers for, I only have a single Yeelight bulb so it is difficult for me to know how it behaves with multiple devices and more complicated setups.

It is ridiculously simple to set up and only needs to be dropped into the HS directory and enabled as it will find everything else out from the discovery methods on the network, it does however have a couple of known issues which are detailed in the help file (you also MUST enable LAN control in the Yeelight app before you have control over the device else it will appear invisible).

Documentation is here - http://seriousface.ddns.net/plugins/...px#Yeelight 3P

The plugin is and always will be FREE, however if you do wish to donate you are more than welcome to (absolutely no obligation to do so) - if only so I can buy more HA related stuff - Donation Link - https://www.paypal.me/krang

Plugin is downloadable from the updater

Please note that there are a couple of odd design decisions in the Yeelight API that I'm still not sure why they are in there, hence I might have had to make workarounds to get things working.

If you test it and either way it works or does not work I would still appreciate to know,

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mrhappy; July 7th, 2018, 12:38 AM.
    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Hi, MrHappy
    I have two Yeelight LedStrip:

https://www.gearbest.com/smart-lighting/pp_424884.html

Comment

Hi, MrHappy

If i start it Manually, i get this log:

No other log in HS3

Jean-Francois.

Comment

First thank you for testing the plugin, second you should not see that error and it should not cause the plugin to crash so I have now fixed that. Could I ask if you can try this version please;

(see first post)

And see what comes up, I hope that at least it does not crash and hopefully starts sending the packets out to the network.
        Last edited by mrhappy; April 21st, 2018, 04:58 AM.
        My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |

Comment

Hi, MrHappy

Discovery don't work:

Jean-Francois.

Comment

Hi,MrHappy

I know the ip adress of my LedStrip.

How work plugin and devices ?

may be i put Ip adress on an .ini ?

Jean-Francois

Comment

Originally posted by jfla View Post
              Hi,MrHappy

I know the ip adress of my LedStrip.

How work plugin and devices ?

may be i put Ip adress on an .ini ?

Jean-Francois
              Unfortunately I did not add this option as when you discover a device it appears differently and provides all of the information to the plugin about the type of device, current settings, IP address, ID details etc. Those are not available by any other means, there does not appear to be an option to get those details from the device any other way. I guess I can look at enabling you to see this (you would need to get details for the ID number, IP address and device type at least) but ideally I would like to fix the auto detection.

In the Zip file I have included a file called Yeelight_Control.exe - this is an app written by someone else to discover devices on your network - if you load this does it find any of your bulbs?
              My Plugins:

Comment

Hi, MrHappy

I get this error when i start Yeelight_Control.exe

This ddl are in System32, the path are OK
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi, MrHappy

Every hour, my ledstrip send this to HS3 log via drhsIpPlugIn

Jean-francois.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi, MrHappy

I found a correct version of VCruntime140.dll and msvcp140.dll (Visual studio 2015), i put it on the folder than Yeelight_control

I can run Yeelight_Control

Jean-Francois.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jfla View Post
                      Hi, MrHappy

I found a correct version of VCruntime140.dll and msvcp140.dll (Visual studio 2015), i put it on the folder than Yeelight_control

I can run Yeelight_Control

Jean-Francois.
                      OK I think I can see what might be the issue, do you have multiple network interfaces or something similar? The packet is being sent through 169.254.x but the bulb is on 192.168.x, I imagine that might be throwing the plugin off and it not capturing the return packet for some reason. I will have a think and post back here but I do appreciate you testing.
                      My Plugins:

Comment

thought I replied...
                        so I'm clueless on what is needed for this.
                        I want to get 2x A19 led color bulbs..

can you give me an example of what I need to buy to use this plugin? very interested so I can replace bulbs and not change them every holiday to colored bulbs...
                        thx
                        Jeff
                        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                          thought I replied...
                          so I'm clueless on what is needed for this.
                          I want to get 2x A19 led color bulbs..

can you give me an example of what I need to buy to use this plugin? very interested so I can replace bulbs and not change them every holiday to colored bulbs...
                          thx
                          Jeff
                          If you wanted to use the Yeelight bulbs then all you need to buy is two bulbs because they are wifi devices so there is no need to buy hubs etc. They are available on eBay/DealExtreme/BangGood and the like, retail for $20 each on DX.com.
                          My Plugins:

Comment

Adam,

Great to know. I was just having a conversation with a buddy about Lifx bulbs yesterday and didn't even know about these. Seems nicely priced...
                            May need to expand my HS yet again..

So can I assume your plugin is completely event controllable?

Dumb question but have to ask, do these require a cloud service or being TCP totally locally controllable? - sorry short on this morning's coffee.

Robert
                            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                              Adam,

Great to know. I was just having a conversation with a buddy about Lifx bulbs yesterday and didn't even know about these. Seems nicely priced...
                              May need to expand my HS yet again..

So can I assume your plugin is completely event controllable?

Dumb question but have to ask, do these require a cloud service or being TCP totally locally controllable? - sorry short on this morning's coffee.

Robert
                              Providing I can resolve the issue with the auto discovery (or provide the facility to manually add a bulb the plugin) then it should be good to go. The options to control these bulbs is available from the events page if this is what you mean?? The more complex options (pattern flows) are available by event action and further enhancements might also help with this.

In terms of the plugin then it completely is locally connecting to the bulbs and does not rely on a cloud service. I've been looking at the traffic in wireshark which I've not seen any odd connections to dubious services etc, the only issue is I think to originally link your bulb to the network you do have to have the app on your phone to link it. The app does need you to sign up but you can always use a burner email and password for this.
                              My Plugins:

Comment

Working...
                              X