Automate "Manage Plugins"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automate "Manage Plugins"?

I don't see any way to handle this via any scripting commands, so I'm pretty sure the answer is "no", but does the HS object expose the plugin management somehow?

I want to be able to restart a plugin based on an event - the goal is to monitor com port connections and restart plugins if the device reappears, which is especially handy for TCP/IP-based com ports.

Ideally these would be hs methods:
    • hs.PluginStop(plugin As String) As Boolean
    • hs.PluginStatus(plugin As String) As PluginStatusEnum
    • hs.PluginStart(plugin As String) As Boolean

Originally posted by shill View Post
    I don't see any way to handle this via any scripting commands, so I'm pretty sure the answer is "no", but does the HS object expose the plugin management somehow?

I want to be able to restart a plugin based on an event - the goal is to monitor com port connections and restart plugins if the device reappears, which is especially handy for TCP/IP-based com ports.

Ideally these would be hs methods:
    • hs.PluginStop(plugin As String) As Boolean
    • hs.PluginStatus(plugin As String) As PluginStatusEnum
    • hs.PluginStart(plugin As String) As Boolean
    There are methods as Jon00 has a script that will disable/enable plug-ins and Easy Trigger can trigger on a status change of a plug-in. Unfortunately I have no idea what the functions are.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      There are methods as Jon00 has a script that will disable/enable plug-ins and Easy Trigger can trigger on a status change of a plug-in. Unfortunately I have no idea what the functions are.
      Perfect - I don't need to develop that part, I'm focusing on the Com port stuff - just wanted to make sure I could do it if I got that bit implemented.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X