Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming Soon: Vera Plugin

Vera Integration Plugin

Very soon I'll have an alpha and soon beta ready for testing and use. This will a paid plugin when it leaves Alpha stages.

With that unpleasantness aside.

Features:
    Local Connection to Vera (tested against Vera Plus should work with any model)
    Remote Connect - In progress won't be in alpha
    Device Control
    Vera Apps Device Control
    Device Use in HS3 Events
    Vera Scene execution

If you're interested start replying and provide your feedback of features and options you want. I will add what I can as I can.

I expect the first release to be next week.

Stay Tuned!!!

First Release
    This is the first release. Please poke it and see if it works for you. There are some limitations to be aware of.
    • Works with all vera devices
    • Z-Wave/ZigBee devices mostly behave with on/off/dim functions
    • Tested with limited sensors. More testing is needed
    • Some plugins work. Some don't.
    • Polling based so motion sensors are NOT as fast as local. FYI
    • Supports up to 4 Vera controllers

I've been able to get the documentation for how to do remote access. I'll work on integrating that once things are stable and good from the basics of things.

The zip file contains 2 files.

There's the Vera Plugin Zip file and the updater_override.txt file. Copy the PI zip file to your Updates3/Zips folder and the override.txt file to your HS3 root directory. Go into Plugins and refresh and in the Beta section is the plugin.

I do have licensing turned on so that it will expire. This is a Beta and some bugs are to be expected. Please report any odd behavior or problems.

Thanks for Testing!

Release Notes: 0.0.3.91
    - Disabled all plugins for now
    - I think Multi-controller is working. Needs more testing
    - Fixed a deadlock where Vera will present a device without a category. This is for some Zigbee devices that have additional functions like multi-sensors that Vera can't handle

Note that Vera plugins are wild-wild west coding and many of them do not follow any of the Mios device guidelines. This makes it almost impossible to support all of them. I will add plugin support to VERY SPECIFIC plugins if they meet the criteria of creating "proper" devices.

Release Notes: 0.0.4.41
    -- Totally re-worked the vera connection handling and error checking for luup reloads.
    -- Added additional calls to device updates to handle Virtual Switches
    -- Cleaned up the updater to handle binary vs dimmable switches in a cleaner fashion

Virtual Switches have been added back. I will add other Vera Plugins as requested or as I find them to be stable enough.

Release Notes: 0.0.4.93
    -- Fixed problem with duplicate devices being created on Luup reloads
    -- Cleaned up shutdown a bit. Still not completely happy yet.
    -- Changed device updater to pull full sdata on each request. This change has potential of increased load the Vera. Please report back ANY Vera issues and you may want to watch Vera CPU if you have a large number of devices. This was introduced because Vera doesn't provide consistent device updates on each request. Sometimes it's one device, sometimes a grouping of devices and then sometimes no devices because Vera decided to batch them until the next request. I'm trying this as a work around to the Vera inconsistency. Please report your experiences.

Release Notes: 0.0.4.96
    -- Changed settings back to be less aggressive in scanning the Vera. Which also results in less CPU utilization on the HS3 server.

Release Notes: 0.1.5.61
    MAJOR RELEASE
    I have completely changed the way security sensors are added to the system. I have been able to auto create Vera Scenes to make motion sensors and doors sensors almost instant response. This will be a breaking change to existing Vera Sensors that have been created in HS3!

This version needs to have your HS3 Server IP address. Due to issues with correctly getting and IP if a host has multiples I decided to make this a manual process and must be configured in the configuration. Without this the Vera Scenes will not work correctly.

Suggested Install:
    Stop Plugin
    Delete everything and start from scratch.
    Make sure to delete the Vera.ini files and backup ini files

Alt Install:
    Stop the plugin
    Install the update
    DO NOT START
    Delete any motion and door sensors or other security sensors previously created by the plugin
    Delete the existing configure files Vera.ini

After whatever install method:
    Start the plugin and configure as before.
    Press Connect and devices will be loaded from Vera and created. If you have a lot of devices this may take a while. Let it sit and run until completed.

FINAL STEP! There are new buttons to reload the Luup Engine on Vera. This must be done for the new scenes to work correctly. AFTER all devices are created press the Luup Reload button next to the controller you want to initiate the Luup reload on

Release: 0.2.0.1
    MAJOR RELEASE
    READ THE INSTRUCTIONS

Changes:
    - Added "Delete Scenes" into the Configuration page. This will delete the Plugin Scenes created for Security Sensors and the HS3 related devices. NOTE:DO NOT delete the devices and then try to use this. It will ONLY work if the HS3 Devices exist first. This is to ensure existing Vera scenes are not deleted. If you delete the HS3 Scene Devices then you will have to manually delete the Scenes from Vera.

- Added "Luup Reload" Button. The Vera Luup Engine must be restarted after the scenes are created for Security devices. After a new Security device is added into HS3 Luup must be restarted for the new Scene to be processed and loaded by Vera. You can hit the reload button or wait and Vera automatically does Luup reloads periodically....

- Added "Enable/Disable" in the Configuration page for each Vera Controller. This will allow you to take a controller "Offline" for whatever maintenance you may be doing. When a controller is disabled the PI will not update information or devices from that controller. To add the controller back into "Online" mode click the Enable check box and then hit the Connect button.

INSTALL INSTRUCTION
    This is NOT compatible with prior releases! You must perform the following steps otherwise you will probably have issues.

Prior to Security Device Enhancement of release 0.1.5.61
    1. Stop the Plugin
    2. Delete all Plugin devices in HS3
    3. Delete the plugin ini files in the Config directory
    4. Install the new plugin package.

V. 0.1.5.61 With Scenes for Security Devices
    1. Stop the plugin
    2. Install the new plugin package
    3. Start the plugin and go to the configuration page
    4. Make sure the controller check box is empty for disabled
    5. Make sure the HS3 IP and Controller IP are correct
    6. Click the Delete Scenes
    7. Verify the scenes are deleted in your Vera controller and the HS3 devices are deleted. If all scenes in Vera are deleted continue. Otherwise stop and see why they are not deleted. Enable debug, check the logs. You may have to manually delete the scenes.
    8. Hit Luup Reload (just to be sure) - From PI page or from Vera
    9. Delete All Plugin devices that are left
    10. Enable Vera Controller in Plugin Configuration
    11. Hit "Connect"
    12. Wait.... especially if you have a lot of Vera devices. Not positive this is needed. But just to be safe.

Optional: Before starting the new plugin you can enable developer mode (Windows) to see a window of status of what the plugin is doing. After the plugin is complete with loading all devices you can then stop the plugin and disable developer mode and then start the plugin normally.

Release: 0.2.0.2
    -- Minor updates with additional logging to developer console.
    -- Minor change in the Enable/Disable for Vera Controllers

Moving from 0.2.0.1 to current requires nothing beyond an update of the package.

Release: 0.2.0.10
    -- Added Additional Plugin support
    -- Plugin: Vera Philips Hue
    -- Plugin: AltHue

Release: 0.2.0.12
    -- Changed Scenes to use native luup.inet.wget for security devices. I think there's a Luup bug when using os.execute in scenes as every now and again I would get a "Lua Syntax error in Scene" error. This error was not displayed or logged but I found it scanning through raw luup state data. It has the effect of leaving a Vera in a "State 2" condition of not being ready. After several luup restarts the "error" goes away so I'm pretty sure this is a Vera bug. I changed to their native wget to see if this problem "goes away".

-- Cleaned up some logging and an annoying exception on exit that is normal but was an ugly message in the log.

-- Added a conditional check after creating scenes for security devices a luup reload is called. This way once all devices are found they are ready for use without having to do a manual luup reload afterwards.

Install Notes: The change to the scenes is not mandatory and you can leave things "as is" if you don't experience any issues. If you do with the PI running go to Configuration and "Delete Scenes". This will delete the Vera Scenes that were created for security devices. Next Delete the Security devices in HS3. Call a Luup Reload from the configuration and the devices and scenes will be recreated.

Release: 0.2.0.15
    -- Some minor clean ups
    -- Changed LuupReload checks to a Boolean
    -- Added LuupReload to parent devices if a scene is created
    -- Lots of testing today with Linux. All should be good.

Release: 0.3.0.1
    -- Major overhaul of the system worker to support Remote Controllers!
    -- Removed some of the Luup Reloads from 0.2.0.15 as it was causing Vera to have loading issues.
    -- Completed more testing on Linux and things look good.
    -- Remote controllers are supported. Updates are as good as your internet. Scenes are NOT used for Remote controllers as they have no way of reaching back to your HS3 install. I may look into using MyHS for this in the future.
    -- Local controllers will still use the local IP address and Scenes will be used.

Install Notes:
    If you are running a current release the steps are easy. If you are running a release BEFORE Scene support and you DO NOT HAVE any Vera Scenes then you can follow this as well.

1. Go into the PI Config and Disable your controllers
    2. Stop the PI
    3. Install the update
    4. Start the PI

You will notice it will initialize and wait. Logs will say it's not configured. The configuration has changed to support those remote controllers. No more manual IP configuration of Vera units.

Go to the PI configuration page.
    Enter your HS3 IP info so you get FAST response from Security devices.
    Enter your Vera Login credentials. The same used to login to home.getvera.com to access your controllers.
    Click the Controller Refresh button
    When the RED banner is gone refresh the page (hit F5 or click refresh in your browser, or select Plug-ins -> Vera -> Config)
    You Vera Controllers should now be listed by Name!
    Click Enable next to the controller you want to enable.
    Click Connect. This starts the background workers.

Please test and report any issues with Remote controllers. I have none so I tested as best I could using the remote interface with my own local controllers.

Release: 0.3.1.0
    -- Updated Configuration to encrypt the password for your Vera account

Because the password is now encrypted and stored in the INI file you will get an authentication error on startup. You will have to go into the Vera PI configuration and Re-Enter your Password. The password will then be encrypted and saved to the INI for later use.

Release: 0.3.1.4
    -- Changed the password encryption back to non-encrypted inside the INI file. The encrypt/decrypt is not working as expected and may cause issues. Will fix. You may have to update your password in the configuration again.

Release: 1.3.2.0
    -- Encrypted password in the configuration file
    -- This release has been submitted to the updater and will be available soon. This will be the last file attachment. All future updates will be through the HS3 Plug-Ins Updater.

Latest Release: 1.3.2.0
    Last edited by Simplex Technology; July 4th, 2018, 11:16 AM.

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
    Vera Integration Plugin

Very soon I'll have an alpha and soon beta ready for testing and use. This will a paid plugin when it leaves Alpha stages.

With that unpleasantness aside.

Features:
    Local Connection to Vera (tested against Vera Plus should work with any model)
    Remote Connect - In progress won't be in alpha
    Device Control
    Vera Apps Device Control
    Device Use in HS3 Events
    Vera Scene execution

If you're interested start replying and provide your feedback of features and options you want. I will add what I can as I can.

I expect the first release to be next week.

Stay Tuned!!!
    I have to ask, will this plugin in working with the vera be able to control z-wave and zigbee?

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
      I have to ask, will this plugin in working with the vera be able to control z-wave and zigbee?
      Of course! That's why I'm writing it. To have access to my Zigbee devices that Vera supports.

The idea is that if Vera sees it and "presents" it to the user then I can access and control it through the PI.

Comment

Of course! That's why I'm writing it. To have access to my Zigbee devices that Vera supports.

The idea is that if Vera sees it and "presents" it to the user then I can access and control it through the PI.
        So you are saying you will control the vera without having to have it associated with their system?

Comment

So you are saying you will control the vera without having to have it associated with their system?
          Yes that is correct.

There are two purposes for this project.

1. Migrating from Vera to HS. Your devices are already in Vera and it's going to take a long time for a full migration. This will allow you to add all of your Vera devices into HS and use the HS Event system for automation and start tearing down your Vera Scenes or PLEG rules. Granted when you remove the z-wave/Zigbee device from Vera and add it into HS3 the device will get a new HS Reference ID and the HS event will have to have the device added back to it, but the logic and conditions all still exist.

2. Accessing and using devices in Vera that HS does not support. Ala Zigbee devices. I have motion sensors that are Zigbee and nothing will support them. I've tried deConz and the other solutions and none of them work. Well this will work as Vera supports these devices. Now I can bridge these devices into the HS ecosystem.

Comment

Yes that is correct.

There are two purposes for this project.

1. Migrating from Vera to HS. Your devices are already in Vera and it's going to take a long time for a full migration. This will allow you to add all of your Vera devices into HS and use the HS Event system for automation and start tearing down your Vera Scenes or PLEG rules. Granted when you remove the z-wave/Zigbee device from Vera and add it into HS3 the device will get a new HS Reference ID and the HS event will have to have the device added back to it, but the logic and conditions all still exist.

2. Accessing and using devices in Vera that HS does not support. Ala Zigbee devices. I have motion sensors that are Zigbee and nothing will support them. I've tried deConz and the other solutions and none of them work. Well this will work as Vera supports these devices. Now I can bridge these devices into the HS ecosystem.
            So you can have a vera control all the z-wave and zigbee devices without having to use a stick or a conbee?

Comment

So you can have a vera control all the z-wave and zigbee devices without having to use a stick or a conbee?
              Not the intended use case. For z-wave it is possible to use the Vera box as a remote z-wave interface to HS3. That's possible.

As a direct replacement of a conbee I don't think so as deConz ONLY works with a conbee or Raspbee.

Vera Plus supports z-wave and zigbee and this plugin will provide those devices to HS3 as plugin devices or "virtual devices". HS3 can use them just like any normal device but the Vera Plus box would be handling all of the protocol traffic to those devices. Once I get a little further along I'll post of screen shots. I have the framework working. I just need to add in basic/common device types (switch, dimmable, motion sensor, door sensor) once I'm done with those I'm going to make the first release.

Comment

Not the intended use case. For z-wave it is possible to use the Vera box as a remote z-wave interface to HS3. That's possible.

As a direct replacement of a conbee I don't think so as deConz ONLY works with a conbee or Raspbee.

Vera Plus supports z-wave and zigbee and this plugin will provide those devices to HS3 as plugin devices or "virtual devices". HS3 can use them just like any normal device but the Vera Plus box would be handling all of the protocol traffic to those devices. Once I get a little further along I'll post of screen shots. I have the framework working. I just need to add in basic/common device types (switch, dimmable, motion sensor, door sensor) once I'm done with those I'm going to make the first release.
                Sounds good. So there will be devices vera can control but there will still be devices only conbee can control because they are not listed in the vera list. I figured the jowihue plugin would still have it's need because of certain devices it can only control like the philips bridge for one.
                So it is more of a zigbee z-net device.

Comment

Since you've started your own, I think I'll give up on mine for now (Unless your's doesn't meet muster, mister!)

I haven't had as much time to work on it. However, my vera edge is still plugged in, so I can probably do some testing, but not sure I'll actually add any devices to it.
                  Thanks,
                  Frank

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                    Since you've started your own, I think I'll give up on mine for now (Unless your's doesn't meet muster, mister!)

I haven't had as much time to work on it. However, my vera edge is still plugged in, so I can probably do some testing, but not sure I'll actually add any devices to it.
                    For one I'm sure you could do a better job. You have more experience. I just have the time recently and the interest... see what a sick attachment to a brand of motion sensors will do to a person!!!

Comment

Sounds good. So there will be devices vera can control but there will still be devices only conbee can control because they are not listed in the vera list. I figured the jowihue plugin would still have it's need because of certain devices it can only control like the philips bridge for one.
                      So it is more of a zigbee z-net device.
                      The plugin will be able to control any Vera device. The configuration of those devices will still be done through Vera. So if using a zigbee or even z-wave device (not sure why you would use a z-wave device still with Vera... but ok) you would pair the device with Vera and then restart the PI in HS and it would pick up the new device and create the HS3 devices for you to be able to control the device that is sitting in Vera.

Comment

The plugin will be able to control any Vera device. The configuration of those devices will still be done through Vera. So if using a zigbee or even z-wave device (not sure why you would use a z-wave device still with Vera... but ok) you would pair the device with Vera and then restart the PI in HS and it would pick up the new device and create the HS3 devices for you to be able to control the device that is sitting in Vera.
                        So it is like I said before it is a zigbee z-net!! I will do the z-wave the way it is.

Comment

So it is like I said before it is a zigbee z-net!! I will do the z-wave the way it is.
                          ehhh... I suppose so....and much more.

Comment

Mate this is perfect timing for me!

While I still have a lot of HomeSeer testing to go, the one matter I know will be an issue is HomeKit integration. The current options for this are far too experimental and unreliable for my liking.

With Vera I have the Skaro AutomationBridge product - it talks to Vera and integrates everything beautifully and reliably to HomeKit.

So if this plugin works the way it sounds, then I'll have the same fantastic integration between Vera and HomeSeer.

Will mean three devices all up, until someday HomeSeer is directly or better integrated with HomeKit, but if it works...

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
                              Mate this is perfect timing for me!

While I still have a lot of HomeSeer testing to go, the one matter I know will be an issue is HomeKit integration. The current options for this are far too experimental and unreliable for my liking.

With Vera I have the Skaro AutomationBridge product - it talks to Vera and integrates everything beautifully and reliably to HomeKit.

So if this plugin works the way it sounds, then I'll have the same fantastic integration between Vera and HomeSeer.

Will mean three devices all up, until someday HomeSeer is directly or better integrated with HomeKit, but if it works...
                              As I don't have/use Homekit nor the Skaro AutomationBridge I'll need to get some information from you to ensure operability. But if the devices are presented on vera and you can click the device and advanced properties and there's an ID, Parent ID (if needed) a Category and/or SubCategory of the device then I can make it work.

Comment

Working...
                              X