X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
    The Moskus samples referenced in the prior post are by far the most documented and easiest to start with. I wish someone would do the same for a C# example
    https://github.com/Moskus/hspi_CsharpSample
    https://github.com/alexdresko/HSPI

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
    having a "Example Working Plugin" in C# would be a helpful tipping point to move away from VB
    I'm using https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...erts-c-example - it's great and well commented

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
    As @jeubanks knows, I wrote a framework/wrapper that I use to significantly reduce my time to stand up and work with a plugin. I have considered sharing it, but I'm still deciding if it's even good enough to share. My MeiHarmonyHub plug-in uses it (as well as some I use just locally). It really works to strip away the stuff I felt was getting in the way. If I ever we're to write a sample plugin I would really on my framework/wrapper because it just simplifies a lot.

I'm not trying to be a tease or anything I'm really not sure if the code is good enough to share. I'm sure ever Dev here has created a similar thing whether it be a frame work or vs template to get plugins stood up fast.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I'm just not good with C# so having a "Example Working Plugin" in C# would be a helpful tipping point to move away from VB

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
    The Moskus samples referenced in the prior post are by far the most documented and easiest to start with. I wish someone would do the same for a C# example (Looking at you Frank! )

I would pay for a good clean super documented Plugin Sample. Seriouslly if Moskus wants to make money he should clean up, re-document his sample and put it up in the store with a price. The same goes for sirmelli document the life out of a C# Sample plugin and I would gladly pay for it.
    As @jeubanks knows, I wrote a framework/wrapper that I use to significantly reduce my time to stand up and work with a plugin. I have considered sharing it, but I'm still deciding if it's even good enough to share. My MeiHarmonyHub plug-in uses it (as well as some I use just locally). It really works to strip away the stuff I felt was getting in the way. If I ever we're to write a sample plugin I would really on my framework/wrapper because it just simplifies a lot.

I'm not trying to be a tease or anything I'm really not sure if the code is good enough to share. I'm sure ever Dev here has created a similar thing whether it be a frame work or vs template to get plugins stood up fast.

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
    1) Choice is yours, database, inside a device (PlugExtraData), INI file - really it is down to you, there is no set way of doing it. I mix between INI files but my preference now is to have a root device and store data in the PED of that device.
    Note that I started using PlugExtraData and it worked great for me and I loved not having to save to file. However I had users who where losing settings for one of my plugins so I moved to storing JSON files for my settings for that plugin.

Note I never had an issue and maybe it had to due with the sheer amount of data I was storing which I didn't consider that much.

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    Originally posted by ITguyHS View Post
    Have you looked at the simplified, documented sample by Moskus?

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...ghlight=plugin
    The Moskus samples referenced in the prior post are by far the most documented and easiest to start with. I wish someone would do the same for a C# example (Looking at you Frank! )

I would pay for a good clean super documented Plugin Sample. Seriouslly if Moskus wants to make money he should clean up, re-document his sample and put it up in the store with a price. The same goes for sirmelli document the life out of a C# Sample plugin and I would gladly pay for it.

Now with that aside. As for profit of plugins.

1. I have plugins that I charge for yes.
    2. I have ZERO expectations of making a ton of money.

I add a cost to the plugin because of support. Lets face it. Whether it's a free plugin or a paid plugin EVERYONE expects support for the plugin. Now the cost is decided by you but I try to keep mine reasonable based on the time of development and estimation of what it will take to support.

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied
    Originally posted by amattas View Post
    All right, I want to get started writing a couple plugins for HS3, however, I'm finding the documentation is terrible, and the examples are not thorough.

Does anyone have some places where you started? Some questions that I have so far that I haven't been able to find the answer to yet are:
    • How do I persist data for my plugin (I.e. If I call out to another web service and need to store credentials or an OAuth token)?
    • Are there examples of using the JQuery libraries with ActionBuilderUI, ActionFormatUI, ActionPostProcessUI, etc?
    • What capabilities are provided by HSPIBase.HS? I can't seem to find that documentation anywhere either.
    • How much money have folks actually made on plugins?

Leave a comment:

• ITguyHS
    replied
    Have you looked at the simplified, documented sample by Moskus?

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...ghlight=plugin

Leave a comment:

• amattas
    started a topic Getting Started?

Getting Started?

All right, I want to get started writing a couple plugins for HS3, however, I'm finding the documentation is terrible, and the examples are not thorough.

Does anyone have some places where you started? Some questions that I have so far that I haven't been able to find the answer to yet are:
    • How do I persist data for my plugin (I.e. If I call out to another web service and need to store credentials or an OAuth token)?
    • Are there examples of using the JQuery libraries with ActionBuilderUI, ActionFormatUI, ActionPostProcessUI, etc?
    • What capabilities are provided by HSPIBase.HS? I can't seem to find that documentation anywhere either.
    • How much money have folks actually made on plugins?
Working...
X