Temperature Graphs from Zwave Device

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature Graphs from Zwave Device

OK, so I am trying to get a plug in that will take my polling interval from my zwave device an everspring ST814 temp/humidity sensor
    and make graphs of the data,
    I know mcstemperature used to do that, but read that it never made it to HS3...
    does anyone know of any plug in to do this?
    ive searched google and the forums, and cant seem to find an answer for a plug in that will simply take a homeseer device, log the data, and turn it into a graph..
    TIA

Fred

Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post
    OK, so I am trying to get a plug in that will take my polling interval from my zwave device an everspring ST814 temp/humidity sensor
    and make graphs of the data,
    I know mcstemperature used to do that, but read that it never made it to HS3...
    does anyone know of any plug in to do this?
    ive searched google and the forums, and cant seem to find an answer for a plug in that will simply take a homeseer device, log the data, and turn it into a graph..
    TIA

Fred
    Jon00 has a Database Charting script and SKWare has a Device History plug-in. They are both very good and will do what you ask. Jon’s is Windows only and SKWare’s is either a Linux or Windows. The SKWare plug-in is in the Updater under utilities. You can try it for 30 days. Jon’s installs as a script and supporting programs, not through the Updater. It is free to try and donations are appreciated if you like the script.

This Post shows Device History on a temperature device.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

I use Jon's Database Graphing Utility and it works great and provides a lot of functionality on configuration options.

Included below are a few of the graphs that are produced daily on my system.

This is a graph of our HVAC runtime and cycle information.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chart1-hvac.png
Views:	2
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	1241750

This is a graph of Power usage information at our main panel from a ZW095 - Aeotec Home Energy Meter.

Name:	chart2-power.png
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	1241749

This is a graph of the outside humidity and temperature compared against temp sensors in our attic and crawlspace.

Name:	chart3-attic.png
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1241751

This is a graph of the outside temperature compared against temp sensors in our bonus room temp and HVAC ceiling register.

Name:	chart4-bonus.png
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1241753

In an attempt to get a handle on the number and types of events that were executing during the day, I setup 8 categories to record some data. In order to achieve the results below a group action was setup for each event group name. I have my events group into roughly 40 group names. Of those 40 group names, I categorized the the events into 8 graphing categories.

Name:	chart5-events.png
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1241752

I hope this helps...
      Last edited by bdraper; August 17th, 2018, 12:30 PM.
      Billy Draper

Comment

That's awesome.. and totally what im looking for, actually a little more advanced then I am looking for... can you point me in the direction of where to download? and some basics to setup ,, all I want to monitor is a Zwave temp/humidity sensor, and I want to log that info, and make a graph, that's it simple, hopefully

Comment

I am using Jon's Jon00 Database Charting Utility, see https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...for-homeseer-3

This package has a lot of configuration options for producing different types of charts. This link has an example on how the HVAC graphs were built. Let us know if you have any questions....
          Billy Draper

Comment

mcsMQTT does line charting of HS devices with checkbox setup of what is to be charted and click on the device to see its history. Simple setup, but not as many options as the others mentioned in this thread. For most of my charting I use an xAP environment, but this requires more setup and is not in vogue at this time. Grafana seems to be popular with data stored in an Influx database. I nave no particular experience, but a search should find you some discussion.

Comment

Working...
            X