Unique Installation Identifier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique Installation Identifier

After a couple of plug-ins into this writing plug-ins game and using the new plugins.homeseer.com portal it seems to me that one thing I'm missing is a count of active users for each plug-in. Such a count would be very useful to gauge interest and also the amount of effort to put into future revisions.

Can the new plugins portal record and show the number of downloads and number of active plugins, etc?

Originally posted by GEN View Post
    After a couple of plug-ins into this writing plug-ins game and using the new plugins.homeseer.com portal it seems to me that one thing I'm missing is a count of active users for each plug-in. Such a count would be very useful to gauge interest and also the amount of effort to put into future revisions.

Can the new plugins portal record and show the number of downloads and number of active plugins, etc?
    Only for the people who charge for their plugins according to this - https://homeseer.com/guides/HS-PluginPortal-P2.pdf which is a shame however they probably don't have another way of doing it apart from through the shop...it would be great for me to know also, I know some of mine were downloaded thousands of times but I would be astounded if that was anywhere near the actual number of real users.
    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

There isn't any real reporting. There's a monthly for the month that is available on the plugins portal. But there's no history. I can check and see how many were sold from the first to current day. That's it. Then it starts all over each month. I have to copy things to a spreadsheet if I want to have a monthly charting to get any kind of idea of sales and popularity. I wish they had a download stat at the very least that could be referenced. I don't need to know who is downloading/buying plugins but like others I'd like to know what's popular and what's not and what can or should be retired.

Comment

True. I think the most important metric would be the number of 'enabled' plug-ins running in the wild, which for those installations connected to the internet via MyHS should be do-able and if not then the UPDATE function (getting control file, comparing versions) should definitely be able to do it. If HS have no plans to put anything like this in place or they already have it but no plans to share it then that would be a real shame.

Comment

Working...
        X