UniFi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UniFi

Anyone interested in writing a PI for UniFi switches? Rarely I get a camera that needs a power reboot and it would be nice if I could have HS3 do it instead of logging into my cloudkey. Sometimes the tunnel gets rejected depending on what ISP I am using.

The switches have a restart POE on each port.

i have all UniFi equipment and 7 cameras.
    Last edited by Rvtravlr; October 9th, 2018, 11:31 PM.
    Michael

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.470 | 849 devices | 349 events | OpenSprinkler | BLShutdown | EasyTrigger | NetCAM | Harmony Hub | Sonos | SDJ-Health | BLUPS | PHLocation | BLBackup | BLLock | Z-Wave 3.0.1.243 | weatherXML | Pushover 3P | Blue-Iris | AirPlaySpeak

I second this. It would be helpful if this were developed. 14 Switches and 4 HD APs...would be awesome to get some port level monitoring and control.
    Last edited by Mr_Resistor; October 10th, 2018, 11:41 AM.
    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
      Anyone interested in writing a PI for UniFi switches? Rarely I get a camera that needs a power reboot and it would be nice if I could have HS3 do it instead of logging into my cloudkey. Sometimes the tunnel gets rejected depending on what ISP I am using.

The switches he’s have a restart POE on each port.
      Ditto that. I have all Ubiquity gear (POE switches, APs, router, server and dozens of cameras) and would love to see some HS3 integration.

Comment

+1
        Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

I also have unifi USG, POE switch and AP's. I would love to see something developed.

Also to fix the problem your trying to address I have Blueiris Watchdog run a BAT file that reboots the POE port on my switch to reset that camera if it sees that it's not working.

Comment

Home Assistant has an integration, but the original Author of Home Assistant now works for them so..... our mileage may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
              I also have unifi USG, POE switch and AP's. I would love to see something developed.

Also to fix the problem your trying to address I have Blueiris Watchdog run a BAT file that reboots the POE port on my switch to reset that camera if it sees that it's not working.
              Could you share what is in the batch file?

Randy Prade
              Aurora, CO
              Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
                Home Assistant has an integration, but the original Author of Home Assistant now works for them so..... our mileage may vary.
                Not sure I follow you. Are you suggesting he might somehow try to impede development of HS3 integration?
                -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

Not sure I follow you. Are you suggesting he might somehow try to impede development of HS3 integration?
                  No. I'm saying that Home Assistant has the integration. The point of the author working for Unifi is mostly non-relevant other than the fact that he does work for them and "may" know the API....and....since they (HA) have the component then the information is in the source code so.... go look....

Comment

This is on my list, albeit honestly its a few months out with other plugins with higher priority. I have a range of Unifi Edge switches and a few radios and a bunch of Unifi (16 AP's, 40 cameras over 2 NVR's) Was planning on a plugin for the cameras first, will have to see how to have a generic way to deal with the cameras being down (so call out to a POE switch for example could work)...

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      Could you share what is in the batch file?
                      plink -v USER@192.168.1.185 -pw PASSWORD "(echo "enable" ; echo "configure" ; echo "interface 0/13" ; echo "poe opmode shutdown" ; echo "poe opmode auto" ; echo "exit" ; echo "exit"; echo "exit" ) | telnet localhost 23 ; exit;"

http://macgyver694-unifi.blogspot.com/ Might also be helpful.

Comment

Cameras aside, I would love a plugin or script to retrieve the temperature values. My USG and CloudKey run HOT.
                        HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
                        64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
                        UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
                        Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
                        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

No. I'm saying that Home Assistant has the integration. The point of the author working for Unifi is mostly non-relevant other than the fact that he does work for them and "may" know the API....and....since they (HA) have the component then the information is in the source code so.... go look....
                          Aha.
                          -Wade

Comment

Not a plugin, but here is my script which i posted at ipcamtalk.

It's a python script I use to let BlueIris power cycle my cams in the event it is experiencing a camera hangup ("signal lost")
                            Hi, Attached a quick python script I created to powercycle a POE port on my Ubiquity EdgeSwitch in case BlueIris reports a "signal lost". You need...

Comment

I'm planning on doing a unifi video plug in in the next few months. I could explore what's needed for the core switching as well

Comment

Working...
                              X