Display plugin version?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display plugin version?

I don't seem to see any function in HS API to pass plugin version to HS for display?
    But somehow HS does display plugin versions? Only for local plugins by reading assembly version directly?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-08.png
Views:	1
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1258610

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
    I don't seem to see any function in HS API to pass plugin version to HS for display?
    But somehow HS does display plugin versions? Only for local plugins by reading assembly version directly?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-08.png
Views:	1
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1258610
    In HS2 there was a function to return your plugin version back to HS whereas that went with HS3 and as you say it gets the assembly version from the exe. I can't say I ever remember it working remotely or not and it may be that it is just not passed back down the communications path whereas on a local plugin it can read it direct from the file.
    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

That is correctly HS loads the plugin twice. First time into a temp app domain to get the version and call a few functions like the registration type and name. It then unloads the plugin, and then runs it as a separate process.

Comment

Working...
      X