Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honeywell EvoHome

Hi All,

Moving from Vera to HS3... can't wait! Although something that's stopping me is the Evohome control. At present, I'm able to control Evohome from the Vera and it's included in a number of scenes. It works flawlessly.

I've tried to configure the dedicated PHEvoHome app but it doesn't appear to work. Have posted for some support on the relevant PHEvoHome forum but not had any responses. I note the dev hasn't been online for about 10 months.

Does anyone know of an app that would work please? :-)

I am using the plugin from Paul since over a year and it is working without any issues. In the beginning there were some challenges around localization ("." vs ",") but I responded quickly and solved the problem. Not sure why he has not been online for such a long time.

Comment

Hi,

I'm in the uk and successfully using PHEvohome also. It does depend on being able to access Honeywell's servers and they seemed to have some problems recently, but usually it works pretty well and I thought was fairly painless to set up. What problems are you seeing, maybe we can help here? (I think Paul has got some things going on at home that mean he hasn't had time to be on the board etc.)

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

Oops... sorry for the delay! Didn't realise I had responses.

Agreed, it appears painless to setup but for some reason mine just isn't working. I log in via the app, I expect the EvoHome devices (TRVs) to be there - they aren't. So I refresh the device list in the hopes it picks them all up, nothing. I don't see any specific errors, no idea what I'm doing wrong.

What can I post up here to help troubleshoot?

(PS, I had put a post up about this on the PHEvoHome Sub-Forum but not had any responses

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...get-it-to-work

Comment

Just to confirm that it is working - I've been using it from the start with no problems.

Comment

Have you logged into your account on the TCC account tab? If you have I would check the fault log for errors.

Comment

First thing to check is the app on your phone (or the website): https://international.mytotalconnect.../Account/Login
              If you are not seeing your system there, then the plugin won't work - it connects to Honeywell's servers, not your local system. Check you've put the right CRC and MAC address in.

Also the controller doesn't really tell so you'd notice if you haven't got a wifi/internet connection so worth checking the wifi in the setting on the Evohome controller. Is the controller showing you an outside temperature top left? That's a reasonable sign it's talking to the outside world. Don't be afraid to use Honeywell support to get it working. They are not always the quickest but in my limited experience usually get things sorted.

Once you've got the app/website view showing your system it should just be a case of putting the same credentials into the plugin config,

Good luck!

Jon.

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses. Just to confirm; I can control the Evohome without issue from my Vera App, using my Vera Edge. I can also control it without issue on my phone using the Honeywell Home app and the My Total Connect website.

It discovers my system:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	0 Size:	75.9 KB ID:	1332591

Then I click on 'Discovered Systems' but nothing happens. I then click on 'TCC Devices' and this is what I get:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled1.png Views:	0 Size:	112.0 KB ID:	1332592

Comment

Any suggestions? :-)

Comment

Not sure.... I think the drop down on discovered devices doesn't show anything until you actually drop it down, so it always looks as though it hasn't found anything at first?

Have you tried all the obvious stuff like restarting the plugin/homeseer and deleting all the discovered system root devices etc. and starting again?

Are you on v3.0.0.41 and do you have DHW control as part of the system?

Anything in the fault log?

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

Try going to Edit from TCC systems. When the next page appears click on PHEvohome. In there you should see a 'Rebuild child devices'. Give that a try.

Comment

Also have a look here (I seem to remember this could be an issue);https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...in-your-plugin

Comment

Working...
                        X