Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because friends are people that help you when you most need it and expect nothing in return. Google is a corporation that needs to make money in order to survive.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
      Because friends are people that help you when you most need it and expect nothing in return. Google is a corporation that needs to make money in order to survive.
      Yeah, but you can't expect them to do it for free? And they don't charge you for providing search? And I still remember Internet without Google....

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
        Yeah, but you can't expect them to do it for free? And they don't charge you for providing search? And I still remember Internet without Google....
        If your friends don't help you for free you need new friends. Google doesn't charge you directly for search but they use your search history for targeted advertising. They are still profiting off of you. Google will sell that data to others that may not have your best interest in mind. Those others will use that data to build a physiological profile that can be used to manipulate you. Friends don't do that, enemies do.

I use google for search all the time, they have the most relevant and useful results. But they are not my friend.

Oops, just realized we are in the plugin sdk thread and we are way off topic. The new forum site decided I should be subscribed to this thread for some reason.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Comment

Working...
        X