This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugin API change in 3.0.0.13

We had to make an API change the plugin API for Linux support. InitIO has one parameter which is the port number for plugins that use a serial port and have HS3 give them the port number. Under Linux, the port is a string and can be "COM1", or "TTY1", etc. HS3 will now give the user a list of available COM ports that the system provides. So to support this we had to change the port parameter to a string.

This change breaks the API so all existing plugins will need to be changed. All you need to do is change this parameter from an integer to a string. Even if you are not using the parameter, you still need to make this change.

I would suggest that in your install.txt file you add the following line at the top of the file:

,[CHECKVERSION],3.0.0.13

If you are using the HomeSeer supplied serial port paramter and are using the .NET serial port class, you should set the supplied parameter to the "PortName" property in the SerialPort class when you open the port.

This will ensure that no one can use the plugin in older builds of HS3.

The API change is in build 3.0.0.13. You can download this build from here for testing:

ftp://homeseer.com/updates/Beta/SetupHS3_3_0_0_13.exe
    website | buy now | support | youtube

LOL NOOOOOOOO

That is a lot of plugins to change for me.

PLEASE NOTE

I would recommend anyone using my plugins stay on 3.0.0.12 that does not want to be dead in the water until I get to this.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Our plan is to not release 3.0.0.13 until all the plugins in the updater are updated. So by the time anyone sees the update message, the plugins will be safe to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
        LOL NOOOOOOOO

That is a lot of plugins to change for me.

PLEASE NOTE

I would recommend anyone using my plugins stay on 3.0.0.12 that does not want to be dead in the water until I get to this.
        GET CRACKIN!!!!!!!!!!!
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

So, how do I test my plugin with v13 if it won't be available until I've tested my plugin with v13?

tenholde
          tenholde

Comment

Heh... the chicken and egg...
            Should just be a change from integer to string?

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk HD
            HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
            64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
            UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
            Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

still has to be tested
              tenholde

Comment

Rich is going to post a private build to developers only.
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

I have updated the original post with the link to the test build.

Comment

All of mine are updated and in the HS3 updater
                    They will only install for HS3 3.0.0.13 and higher
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Done for AirplaySpeak.

Comment

took a quick gander...
                        installed .13...
                        then went to update plugins and just different issues... couldnt get plugins page to load right.. then wouldnt install plugins.. lunch is over so back to work...

so I reverted back.. so guess Ill wait it out some.. thought id give a quick try and my first thoughts...

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

The .13 build is for testing your own plugins only. Most of the plugins in the updater currently will not work in .13. Ours will be updated shortly, but for now, don't load any of them and you cannot use any that you already have installed.

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                          took a quick gander...
                          installed .13...
                          then went to update plugins and just different issues... couldnt get plugins page to load right.. then wouldnt install plugins.. lunch is over so back to work...

so I reverted back.. so guess Ill wait it out some.. thought id give a quick try and my first thoughts...

Comment

understood..but still gave it a try

Comment

And when is Z-Wave plugin updated

Comment

Working...
                              X