HS3 plugin somfy rts 485 transmitter art 1810803 beta available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HS3 plugin somfy rts 485 transmitter art 1810803 beta available

this plugin addresses the somfy rts485 transmitter which controls blinds shades lighting rollershutters etc.

it functions for rollershutters which i have.

1) put the special updates file named updater_override.txt. in the HS3 application folder.

2 put the JillesSomfy zip file in /updates3/zips.

3) In HS3, go to the interfaces page and click the "Update Listing" button. You should only see the updates that are in the override file, normally just one. Check the update and install. It will install from the local zip.

A sample updater_override.txt file is attached to this post.

To go back to normal updates, delete the updater_override.txt file.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wetlip; October 27th, 2013, 04:55 PM.

thanks for the beta, although I'm struggling to get it working:
    I only get this error :

**FATAL**: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Somfy Plugin - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces.

and in the log:

Initializing plug-in(2): Somfy Plugin Instance::Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.87.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=nnnn' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.0STACK:Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()

Comment

is there in the hs3 directory a file HSPI_SOMFY.exe.config ?
      it should.
      which version of hs3 are you running ?

the exe.cofig file makes the plugin looking for System.Data.SQLite.dll version 1.0.87.0 in the bin dir, you can look for the version by going over it with the cursor and wait then you see the version after some time. earlier versions of hs3 did have other sqlite versions and sqlite in the root dir of homeseer. the newest vesions of hs3 uses 1.0.87.0.

if it stays a problem i can put the right versions in the zip package.
      Last edited by wetlip; October 29th, 2013, 05:58 PM.

Comment

PI installed fine for me and runs. I have not had a chance to plug the RTS in yet as it is connected elsewhere, but at least I got through the first hurdle.
        Nicolai L

Comment

Re_installed it once again and ow I have it running. Will try to play arround with it
          Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Not quite working yet ....

Hi,

I've got this installed and setup, but while I can add the device, I can't get it to be connected into homeseer correctly.

I know that the RS485 + USB adaptor are fine as i've setup the Somfy test software and used it to add in the devices and get them to go up/down. If this could possible be interacting, then let me know how to reset it to factory defaults.

My config is as follows:
            - HS3 with latest patches
            - Port Set - COM6
            - Are you there - True
            - Settings Saved - True
            - Plugin version - 1.0.0.0
            - Blind types - internal awnings (honeycomb so no tilting)

I attempt to add the node in as follows:
            - Go to Tab 2
            - Click on the first of the Select buttons (i've tried this with multiple ones) so Device ID = 1 / Device Channel 0
            - Click the Edit button
            - Select the Device Type as "Roller Blind" - The devices are Sonese 30 RS485 1 btw and this is the setting I use for the Somfy Test app
            - Type the Device Name as "Honeycomb"
            - Click the Update button
            - Click the Set button
            - Put the device into programmable mode (use the button on the back) and confirm that it jogs twice
            - Click the "Hit if somfy device is in programmable mode" - the blinds should now jog twice but they never do

Somfy test app settings FYI:
            - RTS Transmitter Software RS485 5063486A08 / App 5061771X09
            - Kitchen (Blind) Address: 0D7220
            - Control Modes - Application with tilting - No
            - Modulus Compatibility - 1
            - Tilting mode Standard - EU 2
            - How it is setup in the app
            - Configure the blind as Roller Blind - Awning will not work
            - put the device (5 blinds on one controller) into programmable mode using the button on the back of the remote
            - Confirm that the blinds jog two times
            - Click on the Open Programmable Mode button
            - Blinds then Jog two times again
            - Can then move the blind up / down as applicable

Grateulf if you can please advise where i'm either going wrong or what debugging / troubleshooting we can do - i'm very keen to get this going!

Comment

the debug page is pluginpage3 if i remember , it gives a private log like the Original homeseer log so in your browser type

http://homeseer.ip:homeseer.port/pluginpage3

there should be a lot debug info

Comment

Okay so I went to this URL you advised and saw the

20:32:51
                Type log
                HSPI
                GetPagePlugin
                instance:
                20:33:05
                Type log
                transmitter
                areyouthere
                before comport comm ayt : COM6
                20:33:06
                Type log
                framebuild
                postframeimterpretation
                post node adress incoming message 05 97 26
                Type log
                transmitter
                areyouthere
                areyouthere port and nodeaddress after sleep: COM6 05 97 26
                Type log
                Somfy
                CheckDeviceValueIO
                transmitter Is Connected
                20:33:35
                Type log
                transmitter
                areyouthere
                before comport comm ayt : COM6
                20:33:36
                Type log
                framebuild
                postframeimterpretation
                post node adress incoming message 05 97 26
                Type log
                transmitter
                areyouthere
                areyouthere port and nodeaddress after sleep: COM6 05 97 26
                Type log
                Somfy
                CheckDeviceValueIO
                transmitter Is Connected
                20:33:43
                Type log
                HSPI
                GetPagePlugin
                instance:
                20:33:55
                Type log
                HSPI
                GetPagePlugin
                instance:

I then had a look through the eventlogs (through the menu) and saw this:
                Dec-05 8:50:37 PM Somfy Plugin class: Somfy method: CheckDeviceValueIO linenumber : 0 filename : file not found transmitter Is Connected
                Dec-05 8:50:37 PM Somfy Plugin class: transmitter method: areyouthere linenumber : 0 filename : file not found areyouthere port and nodeaddress after sleep: COM6 05 97 26
                Dec-05 8:50:37 PM Somfy Plugin class: framebuild method: postframeimterpretation linenumber : 0 filename : file not found post node adress incoming message 05 97 26
                Dec-05 8:50:36 PM Somfy Plugin class: transmitter method: areyouthere linenumber : 0 filename : file not found before comport comm ayt : COM6
                Dec-05 8:50:07 PM Somfy Plugin class: Somfy method: CheckDeviceValueIO linenumber : 0 filename : file not found transmitter Is Connected
                Dec-05 8:50:07 PM Somfy Plugin class: transmitter method: areyouthere linenumber : 0 filename : file not found areyouthere port and nodeaddress after sleep: COM6 05 97 26
                Dec-05 8:50:07 PM Somfy Plugin class: framebuild method: postframeimterpretation linenumber : 0 filename : file not found post node adress incoming message 05 97 26
                Dec-05 8:50:06 PM Somfy Plugin class: transmitter method: areyouthere linenumber : 0 filename : file not found before comport comm ayt : COM6

Doesn't seem to appear that its trying to connect to it from the logs - how can we troubleshoot this further? I tried to enable the "debug" mode in the somfy plugin (get and set properties), but as soon as I navigated away from the page, the debug got turned off.

Is there a way to see exactly the commands that are being sent / received by the plugin?
                Last edited by schnark; December 5th, 2013, 04:46 AM.

Comment

are you addressing a somfy rts 485 transmitter or a somfy rs485 motor ?

http://www.somfysmarthome.co.uk/somfysmarthomesc.html

in the demo software from somfy you can choose between those two.

my software is only for the transmitter not for the motor which is addressed directly and not through a somfy rts 485 transmitter.

on te page where you edit the channel and add it to homeseer , is a program button which gives a page to all the commands i could find in the somfy documentation to a channel. There you could set the modes your motor needs. the program works with my altus somfy motors.
                  Last edited by wetlip; December 5th, 2013, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Hi wetlip,

First of all, thanks for developing this - very much appreciated!

In response to the question, i've got a Transmitter - in the settings it shows as follows:

Port Set
                    COM6
                    Checksum
                    False
                    Node ID
                    05 97 26
                    rts485 devicetype
                    RS485 RTS transmitter
                    Are You There
                    True
                    Settings Saved
                    True

As part of troubleshooting the issue, i've uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin as well FYI.

When I look at the settings for the SOMFYTRANS_00 - Its all green / connected. I then dive into the somfy tab on the device info and also get this below. Not quite sure why the date is saying 1/01/0001 as the base OS time and date are correct...

namedcount index 0 namedkey = installeddevices namedvalue = 1 0 false 2 1 false 3 2 false 4 3 false 5 4 false 6 5 false 7 6 false 8 7 false 9 8 false 10 9 false 11 10 false 12 11 false 13 12 false 14 13 false 15 14 false 16 15 false
                    namedcount index 1 namedkey = my count namedvalue = 1
                    namedcount index 2 namedkey = rtssettings namedvalue = COM6 True 05 97 26
                    namedcount index 3 namedkey = virtualinstalleddevices namedvalue = 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 11 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 12 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 13 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 14 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 15 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
                    LastChange: 1/01/0001 12:00:00 AM

Comment

no command is isssued at set, i will repair it.

Comment

a new hspi somfy exe file in zip format . the set command for the devices should work now. If you use your somfy transmitter for the first time it is handy , but if you already have set the channel of your devices through another program this isnt a necessary step. the last devicechange time of the io device is now correct. The plugin values are stored in the PlugExtraData of the io device so should survive a new version of the hspi exe.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by wetlip; December 15th, 2013, 12:58 PM.

Comment

This plugin isnt needed anymore

this plugin isnt needed anymore , rfxcom has extended their tranmitter/transceiver RFXtrx on 433 mhz to transmit the somfy RTS signals so that is a much better integrated solution and adapted the HS3 plugin with RFY which is RTs without a brand. You only need extended hardware which will be available soon. I tested there beta version which works well with my somfy blinds.

ps This HspiSomfy is not the one for sale as plugin on the website of hs3.

Comment

I appreciate you developing the plugin and its working great for me right now with the traditional Somfy transmitter.

Definitely good news if the RFXCOM transmitters can send it as the Somfy transmitter is ridiculously expensive and we can't get the URTSI in Australia. I'm trying to work out if I need to get one to provide future integration for the front gate i'm looking at. As a side question, do you know if the frequencies used by Somfy are consistent across the world?

Comment

if i search on the australian somfy website, the expert part and look for manual transmitter , i can see somfy uses in Australia the same frequency as in europe : 433,42 mhz. indeed the somfy transmitter is ridiculously expensive. But wait to buy a rfxtrx till the hardware model which can address somfy is available.

Comment

Working...
                              X