X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tenScripting 3.14 Now Available

http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenScripting/HS3.aspx

Changes:

Added an Import function to import scripts from the HS script folder to a tenScripting .vb file

Handle exception when trying to delete the HS debug file that does not exist

Performance improvements when displaying large scripts in the Script Export dialog (thanks to Jesse Staab)

Handle exception when displaying device selected in the HS Events list. Need to see tenScripting log when this exception happens

You can now flag statements within your script that you do not want exported to HS. Include a comment on the statement that includes @DONOTEXPORT and the statement will not be exported. Great for debug only code, ie:
    msgbox("Debug Display") ' @DONOTEXPORT

tenholde
    tenholde

Could you please make a little guide to how to install when VB is on another server?
    I guess I need to copy some DLL files from the HS3 machine to the Dev machine?
    How to add the namespaces etc.

It will make it much easier for n00bs (like me) to get started.
    It seems the install instruction on your site only cover HS2 on local machine.

Comment

Originally posted by zebrafilm View Post
      Could you please make a little guide to how to install when VB is on another server?
      I guess I need to copy some DLL files from the HS3 machine to the Dev machine?
      How to add the namespaces etc.

It will make it much easier for n00bs (like me) to get started.
      It seems the install instruction on your site only cover HS2 on local machine.
      Install tenScripting3 the same way on your development computer. Your development computer must have the HS libraries installed -- the easiest way is to install the HS speaker app on the development computer. Or, you could copy the three files from your HS computer to your development computer. Then add references to these library files, same as if tenScripting was running on your HS computer. You may have to open up TCP port 10400 on your development computer's firewall.

If you are running on a different network than your HS computer, do the same and make sure your router forwards TCP port 10400 to your HS computer.

Let me know if you continue to have problems getting the install to work OK.

The files to copy and to reference are:

HomeSeerAPI.dll
      HSCF.dll
      Scheduler.dll

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

Common VB file

tenhold,

Sorry if this is not in the right area but I would like some of your expert advice. I am trying to create a .vb file to hold all my common routines and would like to call them from another script. I read up on ExecuteGlobal but I am not sure that this is the best way. Any advice?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Willoughby View Post
          tenhold,

Sorry if this is not in the right area but I would like some of your expert advice. I am trying to create a .vb file to hold all my common routines and would like to call them from another script. I read up on ExecuteGlobal but I am not sure that this is the best way. Any advice?

Thanks
          I would place all of your scripts that reference the same routine(s) into a single script with multiple entry points, and include all of the routines in this one, big script. Instead of 3 scripts, use a single script with 3 entry points.

tenholde
          tenholde

Comment

Thanks for the response. I figured out a solution. I figured if I keep reusing certain routines I would just create a DLL. Works great for now but still learning!

Comment

Hi tenholde, I started using your tool. It's nice. For a noob like me it helps very much in learning to program for hs. Thanks!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

Comment

One small question. Are you going to update tenhsserver for hs3?

Comment

Originally posted by Phaeton View Post
                  One small question. Are you going to update tenhsserver for hs3?

There is a HS3 version. See the HS3 tab on the left side of the web page.

http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenScripting/HS3.aspx

tenholde
                  tenholde

Comment

Thanks, that was clear for me already. I actualy meant the hs3 version of tenserver. Which i could use to control homeseer through http requests.

Comment

I will be updating tenHsServer for HS3
                      tenholde

Comment

Great news! Thanks

Comment

Any news on the updating the Server for HS3...I am waiting for this one to migrate over to HS3.

Thanks

Darren

Comment

You could use the latest beta or the rest API. Eventhough hstenserver is nice

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks...where can I find the latest beta of the tenHSServer for HS3?

Comment

Working...
                              X