Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on Media Player plug-in?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Update on Media Player plug-in?

    The status page shows October. Any chance we could have this by Christmas?

    Thanks,
    Barry

  • #2
    Rick is working on this as we speak.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      So I guess it is safe to say that this is never going to get done. That is sad because this plugin (which should have been done from day one) is the only thing keeping me from paying for the new version. I certainly was not going to pay HS to loose functionality.

      I keep hearing that this guy and that guy are working on it. But unless they are writing one line a code a month, I can see no reason why it hasn't been completed yet.

      CM
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
      Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
      Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

      Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
        So I guess it is safe to say that this is never going to get done. That is sad because this plugin (which should have been done from day one) is the only thing keeping me from paying for the new version. I certainly was not going to pay HS to loose functionality.

        I keep hearing that this guy and that guy are working on it. But unless they are writing one line a code a month, I can see no reason why it hasn't been completed yet.

        CM
        Rich just stated last week that it should be in beta testing soon. The iTunes plugin was release last week as well. If you do not want to wait Bob/Blade has a Windows Media Player plugin for HS3 as well.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Rich just stated last week that it should be in beta testing soon. The iTunes plugin was release last week as well. If you do not want to wait Bob/Blade has a Windows Media Player plugin for HS3 as well.
          I don't mean to be a wanker, but he's been saying that for months.
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

          Comment


          • #6
            That was what I was alluding to as well.
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
            Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
            Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

            Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

            Comment


            • #7
              Yes, other priorities keep pushing it back. Again if you can't wait Bob has one that works as well.
              -Rupp
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                Yes, other priorities keep pushing it back. Again if you can't wait Bob has one that works as well.
                For those of us wanting to use HSTouch, Blade's plug in isn't a solution. No doubt priorities have pushed this back. This thread is 11 months old. I've not given up, but I am disappointed.

                Barry

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
                  For those of us wanting to use HSTouch, Blade's plug in isn't a solution. No doubt priorities have pushed this back. This thread is 11 months old. I've not given up, but I am disappointed.

                  Barry
                  What is not allowing you to use it in HSTouch?
                  Cheers,
                  Bob
                  Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Blade View Post
                    What is not allowing you to use it in HSTouch?
                    Probably my designer skills. The HS2 HSTouch layout, coupled with my whole house audio setup is my wife's favorite HS feature. I didn't want to make any changes to the look and feel.

                    I shouldn't have made such a sweeping comment. I will take another look, but would also like to see what you or others are doing with HSTouch.

                    Barry

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I believe you should find the HS3 version of the plugin easier to integrate into HSTouch.
                      HS2 was tougher to do but HS3 should be easier. I have added more devices and control thru the devices as well as cover art

                      I do not use HSTouch so I would like to hear some feedback on how it works.
                      Cheers,
                      Bob
                      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X