Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP Thermostat Plug-in --> Proliphix support

Hi,

I created a generic IP-based Thermostat plugin for HS3. The first supported Thermostat is a Dutch (e-Thermostat) I use myself. See screenshot...

The plug-in is setup that it can support many IP-based Thermostats and the second one I like to add is the Proliphix type of thermostats.

My goal is also to keep it simple and not recreate all functions that can be done by the web interface of the thermostat itself, but only function which are most relevant to have in HomeSeer. This basically means that the following functions are supported:
    - 1 HS3 device for each Thermostat (maybe 2, one for heating and one for cooling (if supported)) displaying current temperate, setpoint(s) and mode.
    - Set the Heat Setpoint and if supported the Coolpoint
    - Set the Away and Hold setting (Proliphix) or others depending on the thermostat type.

Now I like to have your feedback on this in general, but specific for the Proliphix thermostats because I'm now programming this one.

So questions like, Is there a need for Proliphix HS3 plug-in capabilities, Is my goal to keep things simple not too 'simple', what other thermostats do you want to see added in the future,
    etc....

Give me all the feedback you can think of, but I won't promise all ideas/functionality will be in the plug-in. As I said, I want to keep things simple and generic -)
    Attached Files
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO 3.0.0.435 on MacOS - Running a Mac Mini
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, Caddx, BLShutdown, BLLogMonitor, BLRadar, BLBackup, Log2Text, BLLAN, Z-Wave

i still have two proliphix thermostats. i am interested.

Comment

Originally posted by wetlip View Post
      i still have two proliphix thermostats. i am interested.
      Interesting.... I will have support for one IP thermostat per type, do you want to use 2 of the same (Proliphix) Thermostats types at the same time?
      Regards,

Rien du Pre
      The Netherlands
      Using:
      Plugin's:
      RFXCOM, Caddx, BLShutdown, BLLogMonitor, BLRadar, BLBackup, Log2Text, BLLAN, Z-Wave

Comment

yes, i have one nt10 and one nt20 on different locations . it works with hs2.

Comment

Yes - could use Proliphix plug-in

I also have an n10 and n20. Would use a plugin - it is a reason for me not using HS3 yet.

Comment

Hi The IPThermostat plug-in can have 2 types of Thermostats per brand in this first release.

So a NT10 and a NT20 is no problem.....

In a future version, I will add support for (virtually) unlimited number of thermostats
            Attached Files
            Regards,

Rien du Pre
            The Netherlands
            Using:
            Plugin's:

Comment

The IPThermostat plug-in is in the updater now !!!!
              Regards,

Rien du Pre
              The Netherlands
              Using:
              Plugin's:

Comment

Current Temp

I have the Proliphix IMT350 Thermostat and was hoping that I can get the value of just what the current temperature, heat set point and cold set points are so that I can do some VR stuff. For future stuff it would be nice if there was a way to set the set points (hot and cold) for the ability to do VR. Right now I would just like to be able to get the value or status (could even do the string). My hope is that you use device references for this.

Comment

Netatmo Thermostat

hi Rien,

Nice plugins voor IP Thermostats!

Do you have plans voor making the Netatmo Thermostat working with your plugin? See https://www.netatmo.com/nl-NL/product/thermostat

Regards,

Luuc.

Comment

Hi Luuc,

I have the following philosophy:

- If an individual or a company can supply me a with IP based thermostat for a couple of weeks and the thermostat has an open API or can be controlled by http request etc., I can add that thermos to the list....

I can simply not buy every thermostat, that would be too expensive....
                    Regards,

Rien du Pre
                    The Netherlands
                    Using:
                    Plugin's:

Comment

Hi!
                      Can you please give me please info. about the IP based thermostat
                      who is good working with HS3pro.
                      i want to bay a 5 thermostats for my house. Not too exspensive..

But better was if the relays was on one central board not in each thermostat device.
                      I don't want wireless,(like z-waves) thermostats.

(I was found the serial thermostats but all is 10years old models with big prices... )

Thanks!
                      Last edited by karlismoto; October 12th, 2014, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by karlismoto View Post
                        Hi!
                        Can you please give me please info. about the IP based thermostat
                        who is good working with HS3pro.
                        i want to bay a 5 thermostats for my house. Not too exspensive..

But better was if the relays was on one central board not in each thermostat device.
                        I don't want wireless,(like z-waves) thermostats.

(I was found the serial thermostats but all is 10years old models with big prices... )

Thanks!
                        If you don't want wireless, I don't know which ones does fit your needs.

Sorry...
                        Regards,

Rien du Pre
                        The Netherlands
                        Using:
                        Plugin's:

Comment

filtrete readio thermostat

will this plugin, or any, work with wifi thermostat such as the radiothermostat or filtrate? I use these with a plugin for HS2, Beakerstat, but need to upgrade to HS3 and this one does not yet show on the plugins for HS3.

Comment

I don't know these type, so this plug-in will not support them. I don't know about others...
                            Regards,

Rien du Pre
                            The Netherlands
                            Using:
                            Plugin's:

Comment

Any update on when more than 2 proliphix thermostats will be supported

I have 5 and will be adding 8 more.

Also how do I change the devices to show Fahrenheit in HS3...they show celsius.

Thanks,
                              Philip

Comment

Working...
                              X