No announcement yet.

IP Thermostat Plug-in now available !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP Thermostat Plug-in now available !!!

Hi,

I created a generic IP based thermostat plug-in for HS3, which is now available in the HS3 updater

This first release does support 2 thermostat brands:

- Proliphix series of thermostats (NT10/NT20/NT100/NT120/NT150/IMT350/IMT550)
    - Essent ICY thermostat (Dutch brand)

Next on the list are the NEST and Honeywell, but I'm open for any type of IP thermostat.

Please feel free to get in touch with me about this plug-in.
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO 3.0.0.435 on MacOS - Running a Mac Mini
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, Caddx, BLShutdown, BLLogMonitor, BLRadar, BLBackup, Log2Text, BLLAN, Z-Wave

Any ETA on the Nest integration?

Comment

Originally posted by bmora View Post
      Any ETA on the Nest integration?
      As far as I know NEST still haven't published their API, and I don't own a NEST myself to see what other options I have.

I will ping NEST again to get an update on the current status.
      Regards,

Rien du Pre
      The Netherlands
      Using:
      Plugin's:
      RFXCOM, Caddx, BLShutdown, BLLogMonitor, BLRadar, BLBackup, Log2Text, BLLAN, Z-Wave

Comment

Any update on Honeywell integration? I have two of these in my house and definitely need the ability to manage via events! Ready to pay for this plugin as soon as it's ready!

Adam

Comment

I contacted several thermostat companies, but none of them gave any reply.

So the only way for me to add support to the plug-in for other thermostats is that I can use one for a couple of weeks.

It is too costly for me to buy each thermostat. I will try to contact Honeywell again....
          Regards,

Rien du Pre
          The Netherlands
          Using:
          Plugin's:

Comment

The Honeywell API is only open to alarm companies. Using a python script I found on the internet as a basis, I know have a working .NET assembly that lets me login, get current data, change setpoints, modes and fan setting (auto/on). I just haven't decided what to do with it... I might be open to providing it to the various plugin developers as-is to give people an option, since the Honeywell thermostats are cheap compared to most others on the market.

I'm not in love with HS3 (too much work to change over, and not interested in re-purchasing plugins), so I probably won't make it into a plugin. I may just make it an assembly you can add to the hs config file and manipulate via scripts.

Comment

This is good news. It would be great if you could share the code so I can re-use it in the HS3 plug-in or point me to a source where I can find more information.

Thank you.
              Regards,

Rien du Pre
              The Netherlands
              Using:
              Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                This is good news. It would be great if you could share the code so I can re-use it in the HS3 plug-in or point me to a source where I can find more information.

Thank you.
                Last edited by shill; August 1st, 2015, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Fahrenheit Capable ?

In the documentation it says support for both C and F, but it only shows to me as Celsius. How do I get it to show F on the device ?
                  Or have I misread something ?

Thanks
                  Bruce Sanders

Comment

I'm not at home now, but from the top of my head this is related to the settings from Homeseer itself
                    Regards,

Rien du Pre
                    The Netherlands
                    Using:
                    Plugin's:

Comment

The setup option is for Fahrenheit in HS3. And in the Proliphix.
                      So I'm open to suggestions
                      Thanks
                      Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by brsanders View Post
                        The setup option is for Fahrenheit in HS3. And in the Proliphix.
                        So I'm open to suggestions
                        Thanks
                        Bruce
                        Hi Bruce,

Can you please enable debug logging (highest level) and sent me the HS log file. The procedure and my email adres is in the documentation...

Thanks...
                        Regards,

Rien du Pre
                        The Netherlands
                        Using:
                        Plugin's:

Comment

On it's way

Comment

The plug-in checks in the homeseer file settings.ini for the gGlobalTempScaleF setting. Sometimes this setting is not defined in the ini file. The plug-in then defaults to Celcius.

If you have this issue please forced it by changing Setup to Celsius and back to Fahrenheit. After that the gGlobalTempScaleF = True and everything is good.
                            Regards,

Rien du Pre
                            The Netherlands
                            Using:
                            Plugin's:

Comment

Do you have any information on Lennox iComfort touch screen stats, wifi ?

Thanks Joe.

Comment

Working...
                              X