JowiHue Philips Hue control beta now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gearyt View Post
    Thanks ! Did the disable / enable thing and I now Have GROUPS !!
    my only questions so far is that the colors reflected in the device is no where near the bulb

moving along.. get to play this week-end
    Geary,

No, the icon change is only an indication for the color area where the light is, and that is only for the Hue devices. Saturation devices show only a indication how saturated it is, not the real color.
    It will be impossible to follow the right colors with icons ... to many needed then!

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

• FWIW - My Hue Bridge would continually "disappear" from the network. It would still respond to the Hue app on my iPad but this plugin and http://www.meethue.com/api/nupnp would both lose track of it. Fix was to allow the Bridge to bypass the Squid proxy running on my firewall. Not quite sure why Squid was causing the Bridge to get its knickers in a knot but has been stable for a while now.

Hope this info can help somebody else...

-David

Comment

• Hi Wim,
        Moved everything over (I think), had a little trouble with a group not assigning to a scene properly and also a scene that went wierd too. Tried forced browser/cache refresh but that didn't help. Fixed both by creating another group/scene and THEN deleting the corrupt group/scene.
        Anyway, looking good now
        One question I have, although I feel I've been here before.. When switching a scene on the bulbs come on first with the last colour, then they change to the scene colour. Can they be turned on with the correct colour, or do they need to be on to change the colour?
        Cheers
        J

Comment

• Originally posted by drule View Post
          FWIW - My Hue Bridge would continually "disappear" from the network. It would still respond to the Hue app on my iPad but this plugin and http://www.meethue.com/api/nupnp would both lose track of it. Fix was to allow the Bridge to bypass the Squid proxy running on my firewall. Not quite sure why Squid was causing the Bridge to get its knickers in a knot but has been stable for a while now.

Hope this info can help somebody else...

-David
          Drule,

Also Gearyt had issues reaching his bridge when the plugin starts. For the initial part I will update the plugin by enabling to use the IP directly if it does not find the bridge with meethue. At least we can prevent the work around of deleting and activating the account for meethue.
          The issue you describe, the bridge disappearing continiously, is that happening while restarting the plugin or while the plugin was initialised?
          It should not happen when the plugin is running as it is not going to the meethue site anymore then?

I expect the first release to be available tomorrow, after that I will do a deep dive on the bridge part as I want the bridge to be reliable.

Thanks for the tip on the proxy, maybe others use the proxy too and have a way to get around it for now.

Wim
          Last edited by w.vuyk; September 7th, 2014, 03:50 PM.
          -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos

Comment

• Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
            Hi Wim,
            Moved everything over (I think), had a little trouble with a group not assigning to a scene properly and also a scene that went wierd too. Tried forced browser/cache refresh but that didn't help. Fixed both by creating another group/scene and THEN deleting the corrupt group/scene.
            Anyway, looking good now
            One question I have, although I feel I've been here before.. When switching a scene on the bulbs come on first with the last colour, then they change to the scene colour. Can they be turned on with the correct colour, or do they need to be on to change the colour?
            Cheers
            J
            Skinnez,

At the configuration page you can set a transition time for every on and off signal. By default this is set to 1.5 seconds. If a light gets a on signal the transition time will be used, causing the light to go on with the last used color and then start the transition to your wanted color.
            If you set the transition to 0, the lights will go on immediately with the color you want.

I will try with the groups and scenes, if you have more ideas what could have gone wrong in your situation I would like to know, otherwise it might be hard to copy the issue here?

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

• Skinnez,

If you would like to hold on to a a standard transition time, it is also possible to override the transition time in the scene itself, set it to a low value (not 0, but 1 at its lowest) so it will override the standard setting. You might see the old color for a short moment but 1/10th of a second is very fast

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

• JowiHue Philips Hue control beta now available

Hi Wim,
                Thanks but I reset the transition to 0 in the scene and the main config page - and they still come on and then change colour.
                It is possible because I've just done it with philips iphone app
                Cheers
                J

Comment

• Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
                  Hi Wim,
                  Thanks but I reset the transition to 0 in the scene and the main config page - and they still come on and then change colour.
                  It is possible because I've just done it with philips iphone app
                  Cheers
                  J
                  Skinnez,
                  Thanks for the test! I will check into that, but please be aware that the philips app is having all knowledge of the current api, which did not update on the net since March 2013. So it could very well be they use functions of the latest api that I do not know about yet

Thanks,

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

• Cheers Wim!!
                    Much appreciated
                    J

Comment

• tried to do update from installer..no luck
                      Attached Files
                      Ubuntu 16.10 (64) | HSPro 3.0.0.297 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.124 | Server .94 | BL BackUp | BLOccupied | BLLock | Media Controller | Jowi HUE | HSTouch | DSC-Envisalink | I-Tunes DAAP | DirecTV | Restart | Honeywell WiFi | Weather XML | RFX Com | + Android .117 : IOS 8

Comment

• Same issue here.. But notvtried to disable plugin and then do the update...?

Bart
                        Regards Bart
                        ------------------------------------------
                        Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                        HSPRO 3.
                        Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

• The zip file that has been published to the updater is a damaged version somehow. Also the version that has been published does not exist, how this version got involved confuses me most.

I am working with HST to solve this. Let's hope this is solved soon! Sorry for that!

Regards,

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

• It seems the right version is available now. 1.0.4.0

Did it change to a commercial plugin? ($39,95)

Comment

• Originally posted by vanisher View Post
                              It seems the right version is available now. 1.0.4.0

Did it change to a commercial plugin? ($39,95)
                              Vanisher,

Indeed it will be commercial. That will help me to folow the developments with Philips which seem to step up lately.

Regards,

Wim
                              -- Wim

Comment

• Wim,

De updater zip seems to be fixed, installed succesfull.

But next problem arisses. I want to register and buy, to show my support, but your plugin is not in the Homeseer store. So cant register...

Bart
                                Regards Bart
                                ------------------------------------------
                                Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                                HSPRO 3.
                                Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Working...
                                X