JowiHue Philips Hue control beta now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kideon View Post
    Got the plugin installed and up and running but now when I go to creativity it says the bridge is unavailable and this is in the log:

Error in Initplugin: Thread is running or terminated{0x3B} it cannot restart.

BridgesAvailable::Error: BridgesAvailable:could not scan network, is internet available? Thread is running or terminated{0x3B} it cannot restart.

when I shut the plugin down and restart it it works again
    Kideon,

Today a new version will be published that should solve this bridge issue. Also the installation issue you had earlier is solved with the help of Rich in this version.
    I hope this will solve the last hurdles with the plugin so I can start working on the wishlist.

Regards,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

• Sounds good, after restarting it was more stable and I had the chance to play around with it. Looking good man can't wait to see the additional features. A color wheel is coming right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
        Hi Wim,
        Thanks for getting back so quick, much appreciated!!
        Unfortunately deleting the devices didn't fix it, the jowihue events/conditions did survive but not the devices.
        I've restored for now, any other ideas before I wipe it and have to go thru the 200+ events??

Cheers
        J
        Skinnez,

When I tested your database, all scenes wore working correctly. I have 5 groups available and all scenes addressing groups were correctly configured.

I just noticed in the log part you posted that you have 3 groups. Was there in any point of time a 4th group and did you remove it? And dis you use this group in one of your scenes?
        It is one possibilty to check. It could put me on a track to look for a solution.

Regards,

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos

Comment

• Originally posted by kideon View Post
          Sounds good, after restarting it was more stable and I had the chance to play around with it. Looking good man can't wait to see the additional features. A color wheel is coming right?
          It is already there when you select the CIE colorspace. I want to add it to the Hue and Sat settings too, but I seem not te be able to get the right formula's yet here, it is always off. But I hope to set the color selector for this too.

Thanks for the compliment!

Regards,

Wim
          -- Wim

Comment

• Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
            Skinnez,

When I tested your database, all scenes wore working correctly. I have 5 groups available and all scenes addressing groups were correctly configured.

I just noticed in the log part you posted that you have 3 groups. Was there in any point of time a 4th group and did you remove it? And dis you use this group in one of your scenes?
            It is one possibilty to check. It could put me on a track to look for a solution.

Regards,

Wim
            Yes I have had trouble with the groups as I mentioned in an earlier post - cant remember which version I was on. It didn't re-name very easy and couldn't be added to any of the scenes, but I may have managed to add to one maybe.
            I had to add another group THEN delete the group that seemed corrupt. If I deleted it then added again I just couldn't add it to any of the scenes.
            The Groups I have in the config page are
            Group 0 - All lights
            Group 1 - Lounge
            Group 3 - LoungeDiningHue

The problem one I had recent trouble with last week was group 2, I had to delete it after adding group 3.
            I may also have had similar trouble with group 1 but that might have been on 0.0.5.0
            You see 5 Groups??

Comment

Yes I have had trouble with the groups as I mentioned in an earlier post - cant remember which version I was on. It didn't re-name very easy and couldn't be added to any of the scenes, but I may have managed to add to one maybe.
              I had to add another group THEN delete the group that seemed corrupt. If I deleted it then added again I just couldn't add it to any of the scenes.
              The Groups I have in the config page are
              Group 0 - All lights
              Group 1 - Lounge
              Group 3 - LoungeDiningHue

The problem one I had recent trouble with last week was group 2, I had to delete it after adding group 3.
              I may also have had similar trouble with group 1 but that might have been on 0.0.5.0
              You see 5 Groups??
              Skinnez,

Thanks for this explanation! This is really pointing to the issue.
              First of all, I have 5 groups on my bridge locally. The plugin will look at that when it approaches the bridge, using your database. So it is different from your situation.

The group 3 is in error, because on the bridge it will be group 2 in reality.
              I do not understand yet why the plugin shows you group 3, but it might be because the device is in error also. I will check on the code for this special issue to solve it.

Please follow the next steps to solve it for you:

1. if possibe,disable events approaching the bridge, or do this at a time events for JowiHue won't trigger. Also, do not approach the creativity page during the process!
              2. Delete all groups (except the 0 group, you cannot delete this) one by one. Take some time as the plugin need to resynch with the bridge. The updated configuration will show normally in a maximum of 5 seconds.
              3. re-Add the groups one by one - do not rename them before adding lights, first add the lights. When lights are showing in the config page, you can rename the group.
              4. Also, to be on the save side also add the 4th group (numbered 3) with some dummy lights.
              5. Once all groups are present,check your scenes if any scene is pointing to the dummy group now. Change thatback to your 3rd group.
              6. If no scenes are pointing to the 4th group you can savely delete this one.

I will walk through the coding with your scenario. I am guessing I catched that issue in the current version, but appearently it did not catch historical issues yet.

I hope this will help!

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

• Sorry Wim it didn't fix it
                The scenes I added and your "short flash" scene don't have any light data when I open the scene up.

"I do not understand yet why the plugin shows you group 3, but it might be because the device is in error also. I will check on the code for this special issue to solve it."

Group 2 would not add to ANY scenes, so I deleted it, and created it again. It still wouldn't add to any scenes. So I added group 3, which I could add to scenes, THEN I deleted group 2

I have tried adding group 4 but that hasn't helped either.

So on one of the scenes I can see the group 3 dummy, if I try and change it to group 2 it just stays on group 3.

Anything else to try or shall I just wipe it and start again?
                If it's just the scenes it's not too bad.

Cheers
                J

Comment

Sorry Wim it didn't fix it
                  The scenes I added and your "short flash" scene don't have any light data when I open the scene up.

"I do not understand yet why the plugin shows you group 3, but it might be because the device is in error also. I will check on the code for this special issue to solve it."

Group 2 would not add to ANY scenes, so I deleted it, and created it again. It still wouldn't add to any scenes. So I added group 3, which I could add to scenes, THEN I deleted group 2

I have tried adding group 4 but that hasn't helped either.

So on one of the scenes I can see the group 3 dummy, if I try and change it to group 2 it just stays on group 3.

Anything else to try or shall I just wipe it and start again?
                  If it's just the scenes it's not too bad.

Cheers
                  J
                  Skinnez,
                  As I understand, you only deleted one group? I ment to ask you to delete all groups one by one. With each deletion you need to wait a bit to let it sink in the bridge and lights. Are all lights reachable when you do this? (ie are all lights powered, or is there a switch in between?)

After having deleted all groups, you can add then back - again with waiting a bit and having all lights reachable.

The lights need to be reachable, as when the bridge creates the group, eac member light is configured with that information. When you create or delete groups with lights unreachable there will be unpredictable issues on the bridge itself.

You can redo the scenes, but I don't think there is an issue there other then having a group unreachable, so am unsure if it will help.
                  Just let me know if it does help?

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

• No, I have deleted all the groups and followed instruction as you asked. It didn't help.
                    All the lights are reachable.
                    I will try one more time tonight.

If it still doesn't work, I will delete the jowihue.db file and replace with jowihuesample.db

Are you saying this will not help?

Comment

No, I have deleted all the groups and followed instruction as you asked. It didn't help.

If it still doesn't work, I will delete the jowihue.db file and replace with jowihuesample.db

Skinnez,

I have just send you a PM to get some more information. I am a bit convinced there is something on your bridge happening that I am missing so far.
                      You could test by replacing the database with the sample, it might work, but I guess when you create a new scene adressing this group 2, you will find the same issue.

Regards,

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

No, I have deleted all the groups and followed instruction as you asked. It didn't help.

Skinnez and I had a evening of mailing back and forth. But the two issues he had are solved now.

If anyone is interested: I had added a color picker to the plugin in the latest version, because an issue was resolved in HS 3.0.0.125. Skinnez was seeing jqcolor errors in his log, because he was on stable version.

I was too early as not everyone is folowing beta's! I have an alternative version available for those that need/want to stay on 3.0.0.96 for now. my email is in the first post...

The second issue for Skinnez was his groups. As we discovered he was using an '&' in the name in one of his groups. This is causing an issue on the scenes page (HTML issue). For now I advice to avoid using names with special characters. In a near release I will either prevent this in the group names or solve it in HTML. Not sure yet.

Regards,

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

• Hi Wim,

I updated to the .125 HS3 beta and also the latest HStouch designer (not sure that did anything). ALL the hue sliders now work, including the groups! Not tried the hue or sat in a slider yet, but FINALLY my hue are in HStouch on my iPhone.

Thanks

J

Comment

• Overhere the latest version 1.0.4.1 and HS .125 HSPI_jowihue crashes constantly:

Problem signature:
                            Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
                            Problem Signature 01: hspi_jowihue.exe
                            Problem Signature 02: 1.0.4.26495
                            Problem Signature 03: 5410583d
                            Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
                            Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0
                            Problem Signature 06: 53b50a71
                            Problem Signature 07: 20f9
                            Problem Signature 08: 1e
                            Problem Signature 09: A4DH5WWIWWW1YJTMP0C0KV4ZWCALU4IN
                            OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
                            Locale ID: 1043
                            Additional Information 1: 0a9e
                            Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
                            Additional Information 3: 0a9e
                            Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

and:

Faulting application name: HSPI_JowiHue.exe, version: 1.0.4.1, time stamp: 0x5410583d
                            Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18409, time stamp: 0x53159a86
                            Exception code: 0xe0434352
                            Fault offset: 0x0000c42d
                            Faulting process id: 0x534
                            Faulting application start time: 0x01cfcec7fa2ef500
                            Faulting application path: C:\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_JowiHue.exe
                            Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
                            Report Id: 49d5dfed-3abb-11e4-b741-00012e34b020

and:

Application: HSPI_JowiHue.exe
                            Framework Version: v4.0.30319
                            Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
                            Exception Info: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException
                            Stack:
                            at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].get_Item(System.__Canon)
                            at HSPI_JowiHue.HueTools.UpdateDevices(System.String)
                            at HSPI_JowiHue.HueTools.UpdateStatusThread()
                            at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Obj ect)
                            at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.Execu tionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
                            at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.Execu tionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
                            at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Comment

• Vanisher,

Anything in the homeseer logthat could help me to track?
                              Make sure to switch on debug in the configuration page?

Wim
                              -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim,

I updated to the .125 HS3 beta and also the latest HStouch designer (not sure that did anything). ALL the hue sliders now work, including the groups! Not tried the hue or sat in a slider yet, but FINALLY my hue are in HStouch on my iPhone.

Thanks

J
                                Skinnez,

Sounds like real good news. Will test as soon I can, because I want to use HSTouch too here. Wonder if the Hue would work

Wim
                                -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                                X