Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robilium
    replied
    I wrote it for HS3. ALso I just saw drule that you made one too? Can I try yours as well?

Leave a comment:

• loowee
    replied
    We are running hs2, is it compatible you think ? Thx

Leave a comment:

• robilium
    replied
    Just download the zip file and extract the exe in the HS3 directory. It should show right up with a drop down to choose the comport. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...HDMIMATRIX.zip

Leave a comment:

• robilium
    replied
    I wrote a plugin for the http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

You just chose which comport for it to use.

You can rename the sources using the status page of the device. Since this HDMI device doesnt provide a response on the serial link I am not able to show the current status of each source. I use a USB to Serial cable. Works great for me.

Leave a comment:

• loowee
    replied
    HS plugin - old problem

HEy guys !

I've read a couple threads with the problem we are having regarding our monoprice 4x4 serial hdmi matrix. We can communicate with the matric with the small Windows software so it's homeseer related.

Basically, the matrix cannot speak with the plugin which is configured to the right com port ( com11 ).

Exception in COM:11: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request. 2015-01-26 22:30:32 DR Monoprice HDX Plugin Connection failed! Watchdog timer restarting thread for matrix

We get that in a loop when watchdog is activated. We also tried the IP / Serial plugin and it makes our homeseer crash whe sending a command. We seen a couple threads about this but no apparent solution for the hs2 version.

We tried 2 different USB2Serial adapters to make sure it was not a compatibility issue but since the Windows test software controls it just fine, we grayed this option out.

Any idea ?
    Thx

Leave a comment:

• TomTom
    replied
    Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
    These are the instructions that MonoPrice has:

http://www.monopricehub.com/files/ma...rol_120924.pdf
    Hi jlrichar,
    did you make your own cable or did you buy it. Thanks for post the link.

Leave a comment:

• jlrichar
    replied
    OK. I have the switch connected to the HS computer. Let me know when you need someone to test this plugin. Also--thanks for doing this!!!

Leave a comment:

• drule
    replied
    Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
    No jumping of pin 4-5? I have HDX-404e switch. Is it the same one you have?
    Pins 4-5 need to be straight-through. It's a weird kind of 'half-null modem' cable. ;-)

The plugin works with the HDX-402E and HDX-404E switches.

-David

Leave a comment:

• jlrichar
    replied
    No jumping of pin 4-5? I have HDX-404e switch. Is it the same one you have?

Leave a comment:

• drule
    replied
    The cable that works for me is a DB9-DB9 with all pins straight except 2 & 3 which are crossed.

-David

Leave a comment:

• jlrichar
    replied
    These are the instructions that MonoPrice has:

http://www.monopricehub.com/files/ma...rol_120924.pdf

Leave a comment:

• jlrichar
    replied
    Hi David,

I could test it if you want. Though I still need to make the rs232 cable for my switch. Do you remember where the instructions for making one is?

Leave a comment:

• drule
    replied
    HS3 version of my Monoprice HDX plugin is ready for some alpha testing. Devices, triggers and actions all work. Still need to add conditions and a GUI for setup. Drop me a note if you'd like to test.

-David

Leave a comment:

• drule
    replied
    Originally posted by robilium View Post
    If interested I just made a plugin for the Monoprice HDMI 4x4 matrix that supports Ethernet. I used to do the drhs plugin but I wanted device status updates so I incorporated that
    Is this for the HDBaseT switch from Monoprice, or have you made an HS3 plug for the original HDX-402/404 switches? I've started working on an HS3 version of my current HS2 plugin for HDX-402/404 switches but if you've beaten me to it that's great and I'll go back to finishing my plugin for Bryant thermostats ;-)

-David

Leave a comment:

• jlrichar
    replied
    Hi Robilium.

I'm interested. How did you incorporate Ethernet?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X