Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monoprice Matrix HDMI Switch (HDX-402E/404E)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Just thought we might be having a pinout problem with the cable, is it possible that the windows app provided by monoprice works for sending commands but plugin does not initialize when pins aren't crossed ?

    That would explain cable is my problem, anyone can confirm this ?

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by loowee View Post
      Just thought we might be having a pinout problem with the cable, is it possible that the windows app provided by monoprice works for sending commands but plugin does not initialize when pins aren't crossed ?

      That would explain cable is my problem, anyone can confirm this ?
      The HS2 version of the plugin is pretty stable, so the cable might be your issue. Easiest way to test is to run Realterm (http://realterm.sourceforge.net) and point it at your switch. You should immediately see a *lot* of binary data coming from the switch. If you do, then the cable is good. If you don't, then the cable isn't suitably wired.

      -David

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by drule View Post
        The HS2 version of the plugin is pretty stable, so the cable might be your issue. Easiest way to test is to run Realterm (http://realterm.sourceforge.net) and point it at your switch. You should immediately see a *lot* of binary data coming from the switch. If you do, then the cable is good. If you don't, then the cable isn't suitably wired.

        -David
        Hi David,

        Just checking to see if you are still using this plugin with an HDMI matrix switch? Do you have any plans to update this or put it in the updater? I had stopped using it for a while because of the crash I mentioned above, and just started testing it again. Now I am running a cable with only four wires, with 2 and 3 crossed like a null modem. This matches the wire in the monoprice manual. I was running what you were running (1-8 straight through with 2,3 crossed), but I kept getting the error and crash that I mentioned above. Not sure what removing pins 1, 6-8, will do, but it is all I can test at this point. Hope you are well, and getting a chance to enjoy your Fullers London Pride on occasion.
        _______________________________________________

        HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

        Comment


        • #34
          I've just tested my 402 switch connected to a physical COM port and it's working for me. The syntax for the config file is:
          Code:
          [Switches]
          Monoprice HDX402=serial,COM:11
          [Debug]
          Watchdog=10
          Click image for larger version

Name:	mp11.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	1176670

          Have you used RealTerm with your cable/switch and confirmed that data is being received?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	mp12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	1176671

          (Make sure you close RealTerm before starting the plugin.)

          -David

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by drule View Post
            I've just tested my 402 switch connected to a physical COM port and it's working for me. The syntax for the config file is:
            Code:
            [Switches]
            Monoprice HDX402=serial,COM:11
            [Debug]
            Watchdog=10
            [ATTACH]44773[/ATTACH]

            Have you used RealTerm with your cable/switch and confirmed that data is being received?
            [ATTACH]44774[/ATTACH]

            (Make sure you close RealTerm before starting the plugin.)

            -David
            I can connect without issue. In the past it crashed after a few days. Homeseer has been updated quite a bit since I last tried it, perhaps I had a version with a bug that affected this plugin? My ini looks like yours except for the 4 port switch, and the com port is different.

            Code:
            [Switches]
            Monoprice HDX404=serial,COM:17
            [Debug]
            Watchdog=10
            It has been up for a day now. I will keep you updated on the status. Thanks for your advice and this plugin.
            _______________________________________________

            HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
            Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
            Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

            Comment


            • #36
              Crashed again.

              Hi David,

              It looks like it crashed again after a few days. I will collect the console output.
              Attached Files
              _______________________________________________

              HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
              Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
              Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

              Comment


              • #37
                Console output

                Code:
                3/14/2015 8:05:36 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->End of first run
                3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->Connection failed! Watchdog timer restarti
                ng thread for Monoprice HDX404
                3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->Monoprice HDX404.ClassObject.SerialPort.Is
                Open=True
                3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->Monoprice HDX404.ClassObject.TcpClient.Con
                nected=False
                3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->Monoprice HDX404.Thread.IsAlive=True
                3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->Switch.Name=Monoprice HDX404, Switch.Class
                Object.Name=COM:17, Switch.Thread.Name=serial.thread.Monoprice HDX404
                3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->Receive data: The I/O operation has been a
                borted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
                
                3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->Aborting thread(serial.thread.Monoprice HD
                X404)
                3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->Connecting to COM:17
                3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->SerialPort COM17 successfully opened
                3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->First run 0x81 (COM:17, ref = 328)
                3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->Found an HDX404 switch (328)
                3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->End of first run
                I seem to connect to the switch, but there is an error of some kind. This occurs before the plugin crashes. Any idea what is going on here?
                _______________________________________________

                HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                  Code:
                  3/14/2015 8:05:36 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->End of first run
                  3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->Connection failed! Watchdog timer restarti
                  ng thread for Monoprice HDX404
                  3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->Monoprice HDX404.ClassObject.SerialPort.Is
                  Open=True
                  3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->Monoprice HDX404.ClassObject.TcpClient.Con
                  nected=False
                  3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->Monoprice HDX404.Thread.IsAlive=True
                  3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->Switch.Name=Monoprice HDX404, Switch.Class
                  Object.Name=COM:17, Switch.Thread.Name=serial.thread.Monoprice HDX404
                  3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->Receive data: The I/O operation has been a
                  borted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
                  
                  3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->Aborting thread(serial.thread.Monoprice HD
                  X404)
                  3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->Connecting to COM:17
                  3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->SerialPort COM17 successfully opened
                  3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->First run 0x81 (COM:17, ref = 328)
                  3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->Found an HDX404 switch (328)
                  3/14/2015 8:21:46 PM:[drhsMonoprice]->End of first run
                  I seem to connect to the switch, but there is an error of some kind. This occurs before the plugin crashes. Any idea what is going on here?
                  That error message is reported when the plugin looses connection to the switch for more than 10 seconds. When that happens, the plugin aborts the active thread that is monitoring the switch and starts a new one. The error sounds serious but it is being generated by the plugin itself, not homeseer and is more of an FYI. From this log, it looks like the plugin successfully reconnects right away. Not sure why it lost connectivity in the first place though. Is Windows trying to put the USB port into sleep mode?

                  -David

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by drule View Post
                    That error message is reported when the plugin looses connection to the switch for more than 10 seconds. When that happens, the plugin aborts the active thread that is monitoring the switch and starts a new one. The error sounds serious but it is being generated by the plugin itself, not homeseer and is more of an FYI. From this log, it looks like the plugin successfully reconnects right away. Not sure why it lost connectivity in the first place though. Is Windows trying to put the USB port into sleep mode?

                    -David
                    I have switched to using a quatech serial server--so no sleep. When I was using the USB serial adapter I had disabled the sleep setting.

                    I am not sure this error is related to the crash that happens after a few days. If I am the only one seeing this, perhaps I will try to move the plugin and run it remotely from a windows7 machine I have. Do you know if that will work with this plugin?
                    _______________________________________________

                    HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                      I have switched to using a quatech serial server--so no sleep. When I was using the USB serial adapter I had disabled the sleep setting.

                      I am not sure this error is related to the crash that happens after a few days. If I am the only one seeing this, perhaps I will try to move the plugin and run it remotely from a windows7 machine I have. Do you know if that will work with this plugin?
                      I haven't tried running the plugin remotely but let me know how you get on and if you need me to make any changes to support it.

                      Is the plugin still crashing with the switch connected to the Quatech? I'm running my switch on a serial server and it has been solid for weeks. Next time it crashes, as well as the logs, can you grab the output from the plugin debug window?

                      Thanks
                      -David

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by drule View Post
                        I haven't tried running the plugin remotely but let me know how you get on and if you need me to make any changes to support it.

                        Is the plugin still crashing with the switch connected to the Quatech? I'm running my switch on a serial server and it has been solid for weeks. Next time it crashes, as well as the logs, can you grab the output from the plugin debug window?

                        Thanks
                        -David
                        I checked on it last night, and I did not see a crash report, or any errors in the log or console except the one I mentioned above. Though HS was un-responsive. I restarted, and everything started up fine. I am not sure why HS was un-responsive. The only recent change is enabling this plugin, switching serial ports to quatech, and upgrading the JowiHue plugin. There was an issue that was just fixed with JowiHue that was introducing an error, and the update last night seemed to fix that. I will continue to monitor and see if it happens again. Also, I will probably try to move it to another computer in a few weeks and test it as a remote plugin. I am out of town this weekend, so it will be a little while before I test remotely.
                        _______________________________________________

                        HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          It seems after repeated testing I am only able to get about 2 days of use out of the plugin prior to it crashing. I do not have all of the sources Populated. Could the crashing be a result of that? For example if I only have one source, and 3 TV's connected would this be the reason this plugin crashes for me, and not for others?

                          I know David runs the plugin, is this working for other folks as well? Still trying to narrow down why this is crashing so consistently on my system, and not on other's systems.
                          _______________________________________________

                          HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Is anyone using this plugin? How about monoprice matrix HDMI switches?
                            _______________________________________________

                            HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                            Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                            Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                              It seems after repeated testing I am only able to get about 2 days of use out of the plugin prior to it crashing. I do not have all of the sources Populated. Could the crashing be a result of that? For example if I only have one source, and 3 TV's connected would this be the reason this plugin crashes for me, and not for others?

                              I know David runs the plugin, is this working for other folks as well? Still trying to narrow down why this is crashing so consistently on my system, and not on other's systems.
                              I finally got around to configuring this plugin on a remote win 7 (64bit) system. So far it has been stable for two weeks and works well. So it seems to not be compatible with windows server 2012.

                              I am not quite sure why this is not more popular. I have the switch with a few sources in my wiring cabinet with HDMI going to 3 tv's in the house. It is very nice to be able to send those sources to each of the TV's, and the plugin makes it possible to have a nice UI for controlling the switch.

                              Even though the author seemed to ignore me while trying to get it to run on my main homeseer system, I still appreciate that he made the plugin available in the first place. I can only assume that he is too busy to spend much time on the forum. At any rate, thanks again for the plugin!!
                              _______________________________________________

                              HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                              Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                              Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Will this plug-in get updated to work with linux?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X