Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugin TEMP08 and 1WIO

Hi,
    I am upgrading to HS3Pro, but still running HS2. In HS2 I use mcstemperature for my Midon TEMP08 and 1WIO relay board. This plugin is unfortunately not upgraded to HS3. So I am looking for a substitute. I’ve tried ultrajones Ultra1Wire2 plugin I bought for HS2 but this plugin does not support the 1WIO board. I suspect the HS3 version does not either. Or does it?

In HS3Pro I now have BL1wire installed and that works great for the temperature sensors. But also this plugin does not support the 1WIO board, at least not for me.

I asked Mitch from Midon but unfortunately he does not know a plugin for HS3 which does supports also the 1WIO board. And suggested to open a thread and kindly ask for somebody who will add 1WIO support to HS3.

So here I am. Will somebody please add 1WIO support?

Bob from Blade maybe? Or maybe Ultrajones of Michael McSharry?
    Please help.

Many thanks!
    Last edited by Ralfmen; December 12th, 2014, 03:23 PM.

xapmcsTemp0x should support the device as it was developed from mcsTempearture. xAP applications interface to HS1/HS2/HS3 via mcsXap plugin. You can run xapmcsTemp0x by itself to confirm it recognizes the hardware and if so then take the next step to add mcsXap plugin. xapmcsTemp0x was also ported to Linux, but have not done anything with it as it was only used as a proof of concept for doing serial IO under Linux. If you are interested n Linux then let me know.

Comment

Michael,

Here still have installed the proof of concept xapmcsTemp0x you provided to me while testing mcsSprinklers on the seagate dockstar.

Still runs fine. I would be interested in an updated one to run autonomously on the RPi.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.4X
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.4X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

It has been a long time, but I do not think I had anything on it that was unique to Dockstar. It may grab port 3639 so if you have other xAP applications then it would need to be xapHub compliant. Give me some hints as what you would like to have changed with it.

Comment

Thanks Michael for your help!
          Glad to hear that it is possible to get 1wio working in HS3. I have the packages downloaded from http://mcssprinklers.com/xapxap.htm

I also read your Explain xAP http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=846345. I think I get it. In my case no hub is needed because I only will use mcsXapTemp0x. Is this correct? Is working with a xapmcshub preferred?

Also saw the architecture from BraveSirRobin http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.php?p=711763&postcount=10 which gives me better understanding.

When I unpack xapmcsTemp0x.zip I can’t get it to work. I can execute xapmcsTemp0x.exe. And new files are made, such as mcsXapTemp0x.ini. The ini files mcsXapTemp0x.ini and mcsXap.ini contains no text. So what next? How do I get a GUI? And the settings?

Then you suggest the mcsXap as the plugin for HS3. But on the site http://mcssprinklers.com/xapxap.htm it says the mcsXap for HS1 and 2. Not HS3. Do I miss something?

As you see I need some help to get it to work. Hope you can explain a little more?
          Many thanks!

Comment

One step at a time. xapmcsTemp0x will produce a tray icon in Windows. Right click on it and you have options for browser and IO Window. The IO window will show the raw serial communications on the serial port connected to the Temp08. The browser gives you the setup page. There is also a GUI option that in general has not been maintained so best to setup from the browser. The default port is 8015 so you can also get to this page directly with something like http://localhost:8015/status.

I run mine via IP but you will likely be using it via a COM port so in the COM/TCP port put the port number (e.g. 2). After you identify the port it would be good to restart xapmcsTemp0x. (You exit from the tray icon). I don't remember if I go through init sequence on a port change.

After you start you then can use the tray to get to the IO Window which is a Windows form and it will show the data where the PC queries the Temp08 to disclose the devices it recognizes. If you need to do any manual operations with the Temp08 then you can do it from this page as well.

Once you get this working then you we can consider integrating with HS. You need a xap Hub if you want to send xAP commands to xapmcsTemp0x. For example, mcsXap for HS3 will query xapmcsTemp08 every 10 minutes to assure it is synchronized. Between the 10 minutes there will be event messages sent to mcsXap when anything changes in the Temp0x so you do not need it. It is only a backup protection. If you have relay to control then you will want the xap hub so the command can reach xapmcsTemp0x for HS3.

There is a separate thread for mcsXap for HS3 in the same xAP Library. I updated all the xAP applications to provide a more integrated operation with HS and provided the packages for the updater, but they never got put in there. Suggest starting with the one at http://mcsSprinklers.com/xapmcsTemp0x_2_0_0_6_HS3.zip. Create a xAP folder under HS and then unzip into a folder such as xapmcsTemp0x under the xAP folder. By following this convention it will play together better.

Comment

The attached is a console version of xapmcsTemp08 that can be run on either Windows or Linux. I did confirm it executes on both platforms, but my Temp08 is at a different house so I could not confirm it talked to the hardware. I ran it on RPi by using WINSCP to copy to /usr/local and then Putty with sudo mono Temp0xLinux.exe
              Last edited by Michael McSharry; December 19th, 2014, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Hi Michael,

Thx again for your quick response. I downloaded the attached zip file, upzipped it and execute the only executable file Temp0xLinux.exe. It won't start completely. When I try as you say to right click the tray icon it says initializing, and does nothing. There is a batch running. Please see the attachment for more details. What is wrong?

Do I miss the windows executable? Or do I miss something?

I don't get your phrase: I ran it on RPi by using WINSCP to copy to /usr/local and then Putty with sudo mono Temp0xLinux.exe

I'm using win8.1

Please help again. thx!

gr Ralf

Click image for larger version

Name:	Batch.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	1175571

Comment

Pete hijacked your thread. The console version that was posted in this thread was intended for him and to run on Linux. WINSCP was the mechanism to transfer onto a Linux platform.

While this version will run on Windows, it provides only a browser interface. The one that was referenced in the prior post as part of an updater submittal is the one intended for Windows and runs with both tray/form and browser interface. Go to that link http://mcsSprinklers.com/xapmcsTemp0x_2_0_0_6_HS3.zip and unzip into a folder and run the .exe.

Comment

Hi Michael,

Thx again. I have tried this package, and is does run as you say. On right click I have three options:

xap Temp0x
                    xap Temp0x comm
                    xap Temp0x messages
                    exit

But when I try these options I get every time "this page can not be displayed". The adress what is showed http://localhost:8015/comm. I searched everywhere to change an IP ore something, on the internet for help, but I can't get it to work.

What do I do wrong?

Please help.

Comment

Two things you should do. One is to download the file again. I made certain the file contained the expected files. The second is that you need to run the program as an administrator because if creates files and accesses hardware resources (e.g. serial port). This will be done with right-click on xapmsTemp0x.exe and select run as administrator.

Comment

Thank you Michael.

Apologies as I didn't know that about the Linux file. That said just did build a new 64bit Ubuntu Server Homeseer 3 box and will install the Linux version on said box.
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.4X
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.4X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

Hi Michael,

Thx that works! So jet another step closer to success :-)

But... what next? The temp08 is connected, as seen in the screenshot. How do I get the main screen with the list of sensors? Every link I click leads to a dead end... it says

Make sure that the web address http://mcs6:81 is correct.

Hope you can help me once again. When I get this to work I can migrate and I'm looking forward to do that during these holidays :-)

So like to hear from you. Many Thanks!
                          Attached Files

Comment

On the tray you have options for the main setup page (top selection), the raw communication page (which you show in screenshot) and a messages page which is like the HS log page. You also have an exit option that is active. The links at the top of the page are from a file that you need to customize for your setup if you want to use them, but not needed at this stage.

Next step is to select from the tray the top option and that will present the data at a device level. What is of interest is how the 1WIO devices appear and how they can be configured.

Comment

this is the screen the top option shows up. When I click a button nothing happens. When I click a link, the same as before. But you mentioned already that that is common. I configured this screen before.

I think I know what you mean by "and that will present the data at a device level", I think I know that screen form mcstemperature I use in HS2. And that differs.

Do I miss something?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X