Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat API / HsTouch

Hi,

I have created a IPthermostat plugin a while ago, but didn't really looked at the thermostat API requirements. So a thermostat device now behaves as a normal device

Can you help me with some guidelines or examples how to convert the current device to a thermostat device.

One thing I'm confused about is that I now have 1 device per thermostat whit al the necessary buttons to control the thermostat and all the necessary information is in the device string.

I have a strong feeling that I need to create a number of separate devices related to 1 thermostat with heat point, cool point, mode, etc.

Is that correct ? and the only way to do this ?

Thanks
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO 3.0.0.435 on MacOS - Running a Mac Mini
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, Caddx, BLShutdown, BLLogMonitor, BLRadar, BLBackup, Log2Text, BLLAN, Z-Wave

Yes I think it is a device per part of the thermostat, I tried doing it in a script and could get the devices recognised to the point that HSTouch was trying to deal with them and displayed them but never tried getting any further forward (I doubt it will let me do everything in a script and it was only a test really). You need to be looking at the Device Type API, the eDeviceType_Thermostat and the eDeviceSubType_Setpoint/eDeviceSubType_Temperature.
    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

Okay, thanks.

Than I will run into several other issues :-(

I first have to rethink the concept of my plugin, before I can implement this.
      Regards,

Rien du Pre
      The Netherlands
      Using:
      Homeseer PRO 3.0.0.435 on MacOS - Running a Mac Mini
      Plugin's:
      RFXCOM, Caddx, BLShutdown, BLLogMonitor, BLRadar, BLBackup, Log2Text, BLLAN, Z-Wave

Comment

I'm trying to do something similar.

I have Cbus thermostats that use a xAP interface. The thermostats are 'heat only' and have 4 standard devices (heat on/off, set point, set back on/off, and current temperature).

I would love some help converting them to thermostat devices. But I'm not very skilled at coding and have a basic understanding of VB. I undertsand the concept of parent/child devices and have had a look at the device type API.

Any examples of scripts to 'convert' device types would be appreciated.

Many thanks, Marty.

Comment

Working...
        X