Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking cleaner HS3 plugin

Hi,

I just Bought the Wifi add on from Thinking Cleaner for the Roomba 500 series. This enables me to start and stop my Roomba and send basic commands and readout the status. It even enables me to schedule cleaning on roombas that do not have a scheduler option.

I was wondering of somebody already uses this solution and is planning to integrate it into HS3 as plugin? It has already plugins for other homeautomation systems. There is an open API available, I think JSON commands;

http://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j&...83339334,d.d2s

Just wondering

Bart
    Regards Bart
    ------------------------------------------
    Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
    HSPRO 3.
    Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Bart,

Looks nice! I have Roomba still on the wishlist. Looking at it it would not be too hard to make it work. Sadly I cannot test it personally, which counts me out for this one. Once I have the Roomba myself I most certainly would look into this.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

you already can ,

http://www.thinkingcleaner.com/setup/api/

here is the api , it must be easy to make a plugin
      Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
      Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 3.0.0.531 on windows 7 ultimate X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
        Hi,

I just Bought the Wifi add on from Thinking Cleaner for the Roomba 500 series. This enables me to start and stop my Roomba and send basic commands and readout the status. It even enables me to schedule cleaning on roombas that do not have a scheduler option.

I was wondering of somebody already uses this solution and is planning to integrate it into HS3 as plugin? It has already plugins for other homeautomation systems. There is an open API available, I think JSON commands;

http://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j&...83339334,d.d2s

Just wondering

Bart
        Hi Bart,

I will order a Roomba (630 with Wifi) tomorrow and create a HS3 plug-in.
        Regards,

Rien du Pre
        The Netherlands
        Using:
        Homeseer PRO 3.0.0.435 on MacOS - Running a Mac Mini
        Plugin's:
        RFXCOM, Caddx, BLShutdown, BLLogMonitor, BLRadar, BLBackup, Log2Text, BLLAN, Z-Wave

Comment

That thing is pricy! I can't imagine the cost of shipping to the U.S.
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Hi,

Mine cam ein yesterday and works great with my roomba 500 series

I am already working on a script to monitor and control, however still have an issue with parsing JSON via scripts. and i dont want to use textfunctions. I am trying the newtonsoft json library, Does someone have a simple example how the paring of json code works in a vb script using this library. I am still getting errors.

Bart
            Regards Bart
            HSPRO 3.

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

I use the Newtonsoft JSON library in my honeywell wifi thermostat plugin, and it's pretty simple. I have a class ("ThermostatDataRaw") defined that has properties for every item in the JSON object structure, then simply take the JSON string ("strJsonData") you get back and do:

objMyThermDataRaw = Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(Of ThermostatDataRaw)(strJsonData)

then your object will be populated.

Comment

Hi,

I tried this;

Code:
                Imports Newtonsoft.Json
                Imports Newtonsoft.Json.Linq
                 Sub Main(params as object)

'Enable Debug Messages Level
                '0=None
                '1=Info
                '2=All

Dim Debug = 2

'===================================================================== 

'JSON
                Dim json As String 'this is the string of json data that needs decoding
                Dim version As String
                Dim obj As New JObject
                 Dim uptime
                Dim version

'======================
                'Decode  status
                '======================

json = '{"UPTIME": "UNKNOWN", "VERSION ": 2.0, "SENDTIME": "03:33:52",  "SENDDATE": "28- 12-2012", "HOSTNAME": "My-PC"}'
                Dim deserializedProduct As Object = JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(Of Object)(json)
                obj = JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(recv)
                uptime = obj.Item("UPTIME").ToString
                version = obj.Item("VERSION").ToString
                 hs.WriteLog("Thinking cleaner Status", uptime)
                hs.WriteLog("Thinking cleaner Status", version)

end sub 'End Main routine

Which still generates these errors;

Code:
                    jan-15 9:16:05  Error Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jsontest.vb: 'recv' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level.    jan-15 9:16:05  Error Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jsontest.vb: 'JsonConvert' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level.    jan-15 9:16:05  Error Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jsontest.vb: 'JsonConvert' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level.    jan-15 9:16:05  Error Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jsontest.vb: Expression expected.    jan-15 9:16:05  Error Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jsontest.vb: Local variable 'version' is already declared in the current block.    jan-15 9:16:05  Error Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jsontest.vb: Type 'JObject' is not defined.    jan-15 9:16:05  Error Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jsontest.vb: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'Newtonsoft.Json.Linq' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.    jan-15 9:16:05  Error Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jsontest.vb: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'Newtonsoft.Json' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.    jan-15 9:16:05  Error Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jsontest.vb: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Core' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.

I the newtonsoft.json.dll is in the HS3 bin directory and in the HS3 root, I also added it to the config.ini of HS3. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

regards Bart
                Regards Bart
                HSPRO 3.

Comment

The first problem (the one responsible for the immediate error) is that you're passing "recv" to be decoded by the JSON parser, when your text is in "json".

The next issue you'll have is that you're trying to parse it into a a generic Object, not a customized class, which won't have the properties you need to give a home to your data.

Try this (written by hand, no guarantees I didn't screw up some syntax):

Code:
                  Imports Newtonsoft.Json
                  Imports Newtonsoft.Json.Linq

Class MyObject

Private _uptime As String
                  	Private _version As String
                  	Private _sendtime As String
                  	Private _senddate As String
                  	Private _hostname As String

Public Property UpTime As String
                  		Get
                  			Return _uptime
                  		End Get
                  		Set (value As String)
                  			_uptime = value
                  		End Set
                  	End Property

Public Property Version As String
                  		Get
                  			Return _version
                  		End Get
                  		Set (value As String)
                  			_version = value
                  		End Set
                  	End Property

Public Property SendTime As String
                  			Get
                  				Return _sendtime
                  			End Get
                  			Set (value As String)
                  				_sendtime = value
                  			End Set
                  	End Property

Public Property SendDate As String
                  		Get
                  			Return _senddate
                  		End Get
                  		Set (value As String)
                  			_senddate = value
                  		End Set
                  	End Property

Public Property HostName As String
                  		Get
                  			Return _hostname
                  		End Get
                  		Set (value As String)
                  			_hostname = value
                  		End Set
                  	End Property

End Class

Sub Main(params as object)

'Enable Debug Messages Level
                  '0=None
                  '1=Info
                  '2=All

Dim Debug = 2

'===================================================================== 

'JSON
                  Dim json As String 'this is the string of json data that needs decoding
                  Dim version As String
                  Dim obj As New MyObject
                   Dim uptime
                  Dim version

'======================
                  'Decode  status
                  '======================

json = '{"UPTIME": "UNKNOWN", "VERSION ": 2.0, "SENDTIME": "03:33:52",  "SENDDATE": "28- 12-2012", "HOSTNAME": "My-PC"}'
                  Dim deserializedProduct As Object = JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(Of MyObject)(json)
                  obj = JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(json)
                  uptime = obj.UpTime
                  version = obj.Version
                   hs.WriteLog("Thinking cleaner Status", uptime)
                  hs.WriteLog("Thinking cleaner Status", version)

end sub 'End Main routine

Comment

Thank you all,

Problem solved, its was the wayvi decleared the dll in the ha3 settings.ini. See my thread in the main hs3 forum.

Regards and thnx
                    Regards Bart
                    HSPRO 3.

Comment

Working...
                    X