Device Last changed Date/Time changing when value doesn't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Device Last changed Date/Time changing when value doesn't

I am polling a thermostat and updating the associated devices. All the devices are behaving normally except for one i.e. their last Changed Date/Time only changes when the device's value changes.

The odd one which is temperature has a last changed D/T that changes every two seconds even though the value has not changed. Here is a code snippet where several devices get updated together but only the device whose ref id is CurrentTemperatureRef has this issue.

Code:
         double value = returnMessage[2];
                    SetDeviceValueByRef(ts.CurrentCoolSetpointRef, value, true);
                    value = returnMessage[3];
                    SetDeviceValueByRef(ts.CurrentHeatSetpointRef, value, true);
                    value = returnMessage[4];
                    SetDeviceValueByRef(ts.ThermostatModeRef, value, true);
                    value = returnMessage[5];
                    SetDeviceValueByRef(ts.FanModeRef, value, true);
                    value = returnMessage[6];
                    SetDeviceValueByRef(ts.HoldModeRef, value, true);
                    value = returnMessage[7];
                    SetDeviceValueByRef(ts.CurrentTemperatureRef, value, true);
    I would appreciate any thoughts on how to resolve this.

Is anything else also writing to that device? It may be writing to it, but then your script is overwriting back to the same value but the date has still changed.

Comment

I have done a display all references in the plug-in and there is no other place where the device is being updated. I have also checked my events.

Very Strange.

Comment

I just commented out that one line and rebuilt the plugin. The device stopped updating its device changed D/T. I added the line back and it has resumed changing the D/T.

Comment

Working...
        X