Beaconsandwich?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaconsandwich?

More information is needed, but there may be a possibility to tie robust ibeacon based room occupancy into homeseer via a Beaconsandwich plugin.

http://www.beaconsandwich.com

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

I just purchased and will begin playing with this tomorrow. I have several Radius Network beacons, but haven't had a good way to trigger HS until this. I have tried Launch Center Pro and Geohopper, but haven't been able to,get it into HS.

Comment

How would this work? Would it give you just room occupancy or room occupancy and identity based on having your smartphone on you? Confused.
      HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
      Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
      Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
      Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Comment

If you have beacons see if the Homeremote app works. I've been using it to have buttons in my notification center and it seems to work without having to be running in the background. If Beacons work on it also like that then we have a winner.

Comment

It seems that a plugin would be required to make this work with this app. There is another app called geofancy that another user found that may work better than this app. It seems to be focused just on beacons rather than trying to control HUE and WeMo and such. Perhaps you could give that a try to see if it works. My interest is in room occupancy. I already have a pretty reliable solution for home/away using sootys location plugin (which is a very reliable plugin). With ibeacons in each room events could be made that trigger when specific people enter rooms. I kind of wish that HS would add ibeacon support to the iOS HSTouch client or someone would make an iOS app/HS plugin to really make this work. Probably something could be eeked out now, but with a purpose built app/plugin combo you could do things like trigger based on movement in relation to ibeacon, proximity to ibeacon, ... The problem with this is that some of the processing has to happen on the iPhone, and this simply is not how HS plugins are architected. Typically HS or a plugin does the processing. All that said, the geofancy app feature set is really close to what you would want to have. Once I get some ibeacons I may give it a go.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
            Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
            Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Working...
            X