Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtaining Home Latitude and Longitude

Hello,

I am working on a plugin that receives worldwide data and parses it to determine if the data received has a latitude and longitude which is within x km from a latitude and longitude set within an event.

This is working well at the moment, but I have noticed my system has partly slowed down as for each received piece of data it checks the event engine to see if it should trigger which slows my system down.

What I would like to do is to be able to set a programmed range that only when the trigger is within that range it fires (e.g. within 100km from the set location of the homeseer server).

Is it possible to access the location that is set within the HS3 setup page, to obtain the latitude and longitude that I can then use as a reference, and if so how do I go about doing that?

Many Thanks!
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
    Hello,

I am working on a plugin that receives worldwide data and parses it to determine if the data received has a latitude and longitude which is within x km from a latitude and longitude set within an event.

This is working well at the moment, but I have noticed my system has partly slowed down as for each received piece of data it checks the event engine to see if it should trigger which slows my system down.

What I would like to do is to be able to set a programmed range that only when the trigger is within that range it fires (e.g. within 100km from the set location of the homeseer server).

Is it possible to access the location that is set within the HS3 setup page, to obtain the latitude and longitude that I can then use as a reference, and if so how do I go about doing that?

Many Thanks!
    It is stored in the settings.ini file under gLocationSelection, will need some splitting though as the description comes before lat/long.
    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

That is perfect, thanks for your help!
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Working...
      X